Queen's Parks Next Permanent Manager

Who will be QP's next permanent manager?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, yoda said:

Return of the Malk. 

Mad to think he is the 6th longest serving manager, in senior Scottish football. 

Edited by jagfox

29 minutes ago, an86 said:

It’s hard to know who is and isn’t feasible in terms of money and if they’d be willing to take it on. I don’t hate Robbie Neilson as an idea. Has won this league twice. 

When you’re looking at guys and wondering what their next moves are, he’s a tough one to work out. Sacked by Hearts, flopped at MK Dons. Unlikely to go down south as a result of the latter. Not quoted for Aberdeen, couldn’t ever go to Hibs. Leaves a pretty small pool of Scottish clubs to pick from, unless there was a left field job that came up abroad. He’s certainly worth asking the question. Worst thing that can happen is that he’ll point and laugh. 

Three times actually. 

5 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I don’t hate Robbie Neilson as an idea. Has won this league twice. 

He's a Craig Levein mini-me. Guaranteed stadium emptier, if we had a stadium. Or a decent sized crowd come to think of it. (thanks, committee)

Ketts incoming!

1 hour ago, an86 said:

It’s hard to know who is and isn’t feasible in terms of money and if they’d be willing to take it on. I don’t hate Robbie Neilson as an idea. Has won this league twice. 

When you’re looking at guys and wondering what their next moves are, he’s a tough one to work out. Sacked by Hearts, flopped at MK Dons. Unlikely to go down south as a result of the latter. Not quoted for Aberdeen, couldn’t ever go to Hibs. Leaves a pretty small pool of Scottish clubs to pick from, unless there was a left field job that came up abroad. He’s certainly worth asking the question. Worst thing that can happen is that he’ll point and laugh. 

I don’t know why, but I think he’ll be hanging on to see if the Dundee United job comes up soon. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t know why, but I think he’ll be hanging on to see if the Dundee United job comes up soon. 

Just constantly bouncing between them and Hearts for eternity. 

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Think you're onto something here, he does love managing a club in the Championship with way more money than his opponents in fairness.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

So, what we're looking for is someone with a connection to Parkhead, a bit of a hipster who's all in with the 'process' side of things.  Given our unlimited wealth, I'm expecting the Brendan Rodgers announcement within the week.

1 minute ago, RichRJohnstone said:

No idea who is making this decision, but I think it's Neil MacFarlane's destiny to manage QP and his work with Brentford B could be a good fit with Beuker's ideas. 

But given the last few weeks, I should not be allowing such hopes to triumph over expectation.

That would be some buzz for the Queens fans and seems a highly reasonable shout. My mates are regulars at QP games (and are my ticket into the QP supporters' club at Scotland games) and absolutely worshipped him when he played for youse.

39 minutes ago, RichRJohnstone said:

No idea who is making this decision, but I think it's Neil MacFarlane's destiny to manage QP and his work with Brentford B could be a good fit with Beuker's ideas. 

But given the last few weeks, I should not be allowing such hopes to triumph over expectation.

Good shout! I think he’d be more use to Beuker running the QP Young Team if that’s really what the club are focussing on. Especially if the news today re a B team in the Conference is legit. Would walk into that role. He’s doing really well at Brentford though.

15 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

Would it not be more that his home record was good but couldnt win away, especially in Russia?

To be fair, the Russia game should have been postponed because it was snowing like f**k.

He did manage some quite impressive away wins in Poland and France. 

Edited by Richey Edwards