Transfer ins & outs

10 hours ago, southerner said:

They would take half the money from another team. Darvel signed another centre half earlier today, going to be a few disappointed clubs at the end of the season with the money being spent and only one team going into a play off!!

Says a lot about Darvel as a club if that's the case. An absolute blight on this league.

8 hours ago, Shannon said:

Meadow signed defender Stuart Fyfe from Johnstone Burgh & Euan Baird a forward from St Cadocs.

Stuart Fyfe is a smashing defender and a good guy. No idea as to what happened with him and the Burgh management but he was as good a central defender as I’ve seen at the club.

I wish him all the best 

3 hours ago, Johnstonian said:

Stuart Fyfe is a smashing defender and a good guy. No idea as to what happened with him and the Burgh management but he was as good a central defender as I’ve seen at the club.

I wish him all the best 

I assume you have a fair few more players lined up? 
As after the marquee signings of Doran’s and Esplin it seems to have calmed down a bit - all be it Simeon it’s a good signing.

A few Pollok players who are not signed up that I thought would have some interest. 

Stuart McCann

Gary McCann

Rumsby 

Menzies 

On 26/06/2023 at 21:44, smithco95 said:

Yeah apparently Talbot have rejected a couple of bids for him but Darvel still interested, apparently Jamie has been told he won’t play for Darvel again there wanting rid, but aye can’t see Darvel wanting to send him back to Talbot if anything

From a good source Jamie had told Darvel due to family & work commitments (wife pregnant) he wouldn`t be able to commit to training etc and would be stepping away from football.  Now after some discussion he is back in at Darvel and committed for this season, he`s not going anywhere.

1 hour ago, superpollok said:

As after the marquee signings of Doran’s and Esplin it seems to have calmed down a bit - all be it Simeon it’s a good signing.

A few Pollok players who are not signed up that I thought would have some interest. 

Stuart McCann

Gary McCann

Rumsby 

Menzies 

Heard both the McCanns & Menzies signed on at the Burgh, along with Jamie McGowan ex Largs goalie.

10 minutes ago, The nameless tim said:

Heard both the McCanns & Menzies signed on at the Burgh, along with Jamie McGowan ex Largs goalie.

I thought Stuart may have held out for premier league team.

Beith may need a forward soon, Talbot look like they are re building and Darvel would be an option with the manager they have having signed him before. 

7 minutes ago, superpollok said:

I thought Stuart may have held out for premier league team.

Beith may need a forward soon, Talbot look like they are re building and Darvel would be an option with the manager they have having signed him before. 

Might well be the case. Just hearing whispers through ex players etc. Allegedly Stuart offered £600 a week from Burgh.

1 hour ago, Hawf time pie said:

From a good source Jamie had told Darvel due to family & work commitments (wife pregnant) he wouldn`t be able to commit to training etc and would be stepping away from football.  Now after some discussion he is back in at Darvel and committed for this season, he`s not going anywhere.

Edited that for you mate-

Now after some extra £££££ he is back in at Darvel and committed for this season, he`s not going anywhere.

35 minutes ago, The nameless tim said:

Might well be the case. Just hearing whispers through ex players etc. Allegedly Stuart offered £600 a week from Burgh.

The Burgh soap opera will sadly end one way & we have seen this all before.

On 27/06/2023 at 09:18, Johnny Sox said:

Mickley Wilson Hurlford to Kilbirnie, any good?

Absolutely rotten at Arthurlie so I wouldn't get too excited by his signing.  Nice lad though and I hope he proves me wrong. 

2 hours ago, superpollok said:

Stuart McCann

Gary McCann

Rumsby 

Menzies 

Heard Menzies has signed along with Wharton from Medda , not sure if true but heard Kyle Lafferty was possibly signing! 

On 28/06/2023 at 15:12, AM-1 said:

The Burgh soap opera will sadly end one way & we have seen this all before.

Not as simple as that and not as cut sun dried as to how it will play out. 

Club might not remain among the top clubs, but the Burgh paid their players last season without a backer and there is enough sustainability and a great committee to fall back on.

On 28/06/2023 at 12:54, superpollok said:

Stuart McCann

Gary McCann

Rumsby 

Menzies 

Slightly more concerned that we have let players like Cruden, Fyfe, Miller and Andrews leave to go to clubs in the league above.

I don’t like too much of an overhaul in one season and we knew what these guys could do

Edited by Johnstonian