Transfer ins & outs

17 hours ago, KirkyRobRoy said:

Gary to JB, Stuart to EK is what ive read, no idea how true it is

Got to assume its going to take some time for a whole new team to gel, their season may well be over until they are up to speed

Big risk by Maxwell, Lok fans are notoriously demanding, will they put up with a  transition season?

This is spot on.

Rebuilding an entire team having released some of our best players and expecting to compete at the same time is a massive ask in a very tough league.Fingers crossed Maxi can do it.

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Mark Sideserf Pollok to Darvel

Watched Tony's interview on Dervel TV, mentioned having a young team, so Sidey, Gee & big Leishman only in to get the average age up?

53 minutes ago, IMX1 said:

Watched Tony's interview on Dervel TV, mentioned having a young team, so Sidey, Gee & big Leishman only in to get the average age up?

He also mentioned how many trophies he won at Pollok, and going by what he said, numbers are not his strong point. 

On 09/06/2023 at 17:03, Lokloyal said:

This is spot on.

Rebuilding an entire team having released some of our best players and expecting to compete at the same time is a massive ask in a very tough league.Fingers crossed Maxi can do it.

Spot on I think, he managed it at Rob Roy enough times, almost every season. Wouldn’t say it’s on the scale of Talbot but close, key will be how realistic the expectations are but decent performances will make all the difference I would imagine.

Who has the biggest rebuild on their hands?

Lots of new faces in at Pollock however will gel as a team ahead of new season? Lot of good players for this level coming in. 

Talbot are typically guarded over their team for next season, tucker has obviously been there for some time and been through this before however with other clubs splashing cash are Talbot just holding back and not getting into the boom and bust we've seen from other clubs in the past. Traditionally if you wanted to win trophies you played for Talbot, if you wanted to play for money you went else where however is the appeal of money now the driving factor which will therefore hamper Talbots chances going forward. 

Darvel will be in large a new side from last year, players more suited to the level than the so called super stars that with exception of the Aberdeen glory night under achieved. Perhaps bringing the players in they are now will stand them in better stead for the league and at same time bring down the hype surrounding the club which certainly takes pressure off them. Are the days of the big bucks over now Kennedy's money has moved on, that said we were told that it was a sustainable business model so surely spending doesn't reduce? 

6 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Sidey is a great player but can’t see that he is the way forward for Darvel 

Past his best. Watched him last season and looks cumbersome and uncomfortable when up against a fast direct attacker.

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Agree-plus pretty injury prone as well 

Whats the views on the Maxi revolution for you guys? Pretty bold making as many changes as he has with some being forced with the likes of the McCanns and Lyon wanting away?

Any news on the rumour of Christie refusing to return to pre season unless he gets his move to Beith?

7 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Spot on I think, he managed it at Rob Roy enough times, almost every season. Wouldn’t say it’s on the scale of Talbot but close, key will be how realistic the expectations are but decent performances will make all the difference I would imagine.

Other than a league cup I reckon at KRR although I'm  not 100 percent sure , what has this guy actually won as a manager? 

If he doesn't start well at Pollock next season they will be shouting for his head.  

23 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Whats the views on the Maxi revolution for you guys? Pretty bold making as many changes as he has with some being forced with the likes of the McCanns and Lyon wanting away?

Any news on the rumour of Christie refusing to return to pre season unless he gets his move to Beith?

He has a big job on his hands and a few of us think he has maybe gone a bit too far with the clear out as it really looks like a complete overhaul happening -although if players themselves didn’t want to stay then not a lot he can do.Would hate to lose Christie as he is real quality - losing Esplin and the McCanns really leaves only him as the player of proven quality at Lok.

2 hours ago, AM-1 said:

The group of players we had have had enough chances - came up short when it mattered. Quite happy to see something new rather than the old frailties repeating.

It will either be a success or a disaster! But looking forward more to the season than retaining 14/15 of the old squad and knowing the same old issues will continue.

Not heard the Christie story, but if someone doesn’t want to be there then will take the money and let them go. 

Also noticed the juvenile poster who likes to deliberately spell Pollok wrong get involved.
The Talbot poster has the measure of that guy… (red dot incoming) 

Jason Andrews signs for Benburb after being released by Johnstone Burgh.

Bens have got a fine player who did well to come back from a broken ankle.

solid left back who lost his place to Ryan Wallace, so unlucky in that the guy Burgh brought in to cover ends up winning all this season’s player of the year awards playing at left back!

All the best to Jason 👍🏼

13 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Other than a league cup I reckon at KRR although I'm  not 100 percent sure , what has this guy actually won as a manager? 

If he doesn't start well at Pollock next season they will be shouting for his head.  

What had Chris Strain won prior to last season?

24 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

What had Chris Strain won prior to last season?

I think he might have won a cup for the buffs but outwith that he had them up at the business end quite a bit in his spell at the buffs and lost out in a Scottish cup semi against us in 2016 with a missed penalty in the 1st leg being pivotal.  

If Maxwell wins a major I will come on here and accept I'm wrong about him but I just feel he's got a huge hit for himself,  also know he cast a good bit of doubt over the strength of beiths squad last season and he got that one wrong for sure 😆

Edited by Thejackdaw