Hearts v Hibs - The Battle for 4th

1 minute ago, Les Cabbage said:

This is an absolute free hit, win and it’s utterly hilarious considering how good Hearts have been telling us all that they are, draw or lose and we probably get europe anyway.

Pressure is all on Hearts as like is said above there is no chance in hell he gets the job if he loses against us twice.

Who has been telling anyone we are good? No c**t that's actually watched us this season, though we've definitely improved under Naismith and look far more dangerous and organised.

First Derby won't come into it tbh, he had 3 days to work with the players on the back of a shocking period. He'll 100% be judged on Saturday though.

Devastated it's Hibs we're up against for 4th/5th, as, from a travel perspective, I'd much rather finish 5th than 4th.

Finishing 5th would likely mean a good first European trip with a reasonable chance of success. Finishing 4th is likely to involve drawing a medium name who will knock us out at first time of asking.

If we were up against anyone else, I'd be open to defeat here. c***s.

ETA: I've just fully thought this out. Obvious answer is fourth with ICT winning the Cup. Make it happen, universe.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hibs' shit derby record in a nutshell here.

Fucking hell. 😀

Comfort blanket pish to try and claim all the pressure is on us.

Of course there's pressure on us, but we can take a win or draw.

If roles were reversed and we could go to ER to leapfrog them and get a better European spot I'd not be saying it's a free hit.

10 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Who has been telling anyone we are good? No c**t that's actually watched us this season, though we've definitely improved under Naismith and look far more dangerous and organised.

First Derby won't come into it tbh, he had 3 days to work with the players on the back of a shocking period. He'll 100% be judged on Saturday though.

Let's not re-write history and pretend Hearts fans weren't telling everyone how good they were earlier in the season.

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Comfort blanket pish to try and claim all the pressure is on us.

Of course there's pressure on us, but we can take a win or draw.

If roles were reversed and we could go to ER to leapfrog them and get a better European spot I'd not be saying it's a free hit.

I just can't imagine ever viewing a derby as a free hit.

Madness.

Derby's are for winning. The circumstances are largely irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Comfort blanket pish to try and claim all the pressure is on us

Hibs almost missed out on top 6, we looked like we might just be in a battle for 5th spot, now we have a one game shootout for 4th.

Hearts were comfortably in 3rd, 9 points ahead of Aberdeen with a game in hand (iirc?)at one point - now you have dropped to 4th with a possibility of dropping to 5th.

I would say its more of a statement of fact that most of the pressure is on hearts...............

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Hibs almost missed out on top 6, we looked like we might just be in a battle for 5th spot, now we have a one game shootout for 4th.

Hearts were comfortably in 3rd, 9 points ahead of Aberdeen with a game in hand (iirc?)at one point - now you have dropped to 4th with a possibility of dropping to 5th.

I would say its more of a statement of fact that most of the pressure is on hearts...............

Depends what you mean by pressure. The season is a failure anyway, and 4th or 5th really doesn't matter much. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see quite a free performance from Hearts in that regard. If anything, the pressure is now off.

Derbies are always must win, but this isn't especially more significant than normal in that regard. There's no huge deal about finishing 4th.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Depends what you mean by pressure. The season is a failure anyway, and 4th or 5th really doesn't matter much. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see quite a free performance from Hearts in that regard. If anything, the pressure is now off.

Derbies are always must win, but this isn't especially more significant than normal in that regard. There's no huge deal about finishing 4th.

The real comfort blanket's coming out. Now 3rd is gone is doesn't matter whether you finish below your rivals after being a shoe in for 3rd.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Probably fair, as you say missing out on 3rd is a massive letdown if youve been there most of the season.

Its been a season of missed opportunities for lots of clubs...........again !

4 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

The real comfort blanket's coming out. Now 3rd is gone is doesn't matter whether you finish below your rivals after being a shoe in for 3rd.

Losing to Hibs or finishing below them is obviously shite. But the context of 4th or 5th doesn't really matter.

I doubt there's an atmosphere of fear at Tynecastle about this one.

It's just a derby like any other. As I said, they're always big games. I just disagree with the idea there's some kind of major heat on Hearts here. The target was third and that's been missed. Fourth or fifth doesn't matter much.

It’s a free hit because Hearts have been above us all season and it would be hilarious if they fucked it, absolutely 0 Hibernian supporters expected us to finish above Hearts this season, the fact we have a chance to do so is funny in itself.

With the assumption that Celtic win the cup, it really makes very little difference who 4th and who gets 5th, a hundred grand or something extra.

However Steven Naismith will know that if he loses this he doesn’t get the job, the Hearts supporters are clearly shit scared of finishing below us considering how bad Hibs fans think they are and how good Hearts fans have been saying that they are.

Of course on the day I’ll be right up for it however it’s the most relaxed I’ve gone into a derby in years.

Have always been in the Roseburn lower last few years - could only get tickets in the "upper tier" this time. Good memories of the last couple of times up there - got a particularly good view of Horgans 2nd, basically just below the camera

9 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

But hearts fans assured us all that being miles behind a shite Aberdeen early in the season was because of the Europa conference league, then once they were miles ahead, it was because they were out of said conference league and they had all their players back fit. Then they sacked neilson and it would all be well. 

The first part worked out pretty well, despite still having Gordon, Halkett, Baningime and Boyce long-term crocked.

I don't think any of us saw Neilson having an absolute breakdown against Rangers at home then throwing the players under the bus when we inevitably got pumped. You can trace it all back to there. That the board then took ages to sack him is on them.

Hearts have looked better since Naismith took over, players are clearly up for the scrap again and made a decent fist of the fight for third. St Mirren match/performance is probably the only blot against Naismith's name (can't really blame him for Hibs away). And even then the players fought back to earn a point in Paisley in difficult circumstances.

I've a lot more faith in Hearts finishing fourth with Naismith in charge at the weekend than Neilson. Doesn't mean it'll happen, mind.

If we were still in the hunt for this, I'd have been absolutely buzzing for it. After last night, it's all a bit meh for me.

That said, it might actually be one of the more enjoyable derbies to watch (not that any **** can watch it unless you're there) as while neither side necessarily 'need' to win, both teams will really want a win. Draw does nothing for Hibs and does suit Hearts, but after the season we've had, and Naismith's last chance to prove his worth in the dugout perhaps, I'd imagine we'll be right up for this.

Not happy how the season has gone at all, but I guess ending with a derby win and securing 4th is the best we can do. Although the petulant child in me thinks it would be funny if we lost, finished 5th and bottled Europe altogether just to see how the happy clappers would respond then.

Viaplay Cup group stages in July baby. 8) 

Well with results last night, I don't need to feel the discomfort of wanting Hearts to win on Saturday and Celtic to win the following Saturday.

A Hibs/ICT double forcing Hearts to stick the passports away would be peak banter.

4 hours ago, Darren said:

I don't think any of us saw Neilson having an absolute breakdown against Rangers at home then throwing the players under the bus when we inevitably got pumped. You can trace it all back to there. 

Nah, this was where it started.

A43EEE23-37EB-4E28-BA89-50AFF5431675.png.54367f3a9e858cdcfc3de55a1e414943.thumb.png.ac6bd0769f6d758942d0faebe5bd57ab.png