The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 2023/24

Frank Grimes

23 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I’ve now watched the highlights and I’d like to ask the question. 
Was there a VAR check on the penalty claim? 
If there was a VAR check I do find it incredible that the referee was not asked to review the TV monitor. 
Definitely a penalty in my book. 

I don't think there was a check. No idea why not. It's the inconsistency that gets you

16 hours ago, bennett said:

Hibsing sheeping it.

Not even Hibsing it - Hibs inflict their own unexpected and often hilarious self-injuries. Aberdeen were shafted by the ref and VAR last night, plain and simple.

I doubt we'll see a more blatant penalty not given this season - even at Celtic Park or Ibrox.

15 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

It's as obvious a penalty as you'll see.

For VAR to intervene on the PAOK one and not ours is ridiculous.

As the fan reaction to Kyogo's tumble against Hearts showed, there are different rules for what amounts to a 'clear and obvious error' for Celtic fans.

Though I didn't expect to see this fact demonstrated so clearly on here in less than a week.

14 hours ago, HibsFan said:

The biggest load of shite I have ever heard a manager come out with in my life, and I've spent the last year listening to Lee Johnson. :lol:

Kicked in his door, aye? Raging at his mistake was he, aye?

Aye, this is clearly absolute shite from Robson. The ref was so raging at a mistake he presumably had no idea he'd made that 20 minutes later he kicked the dressing room door in fury at his own incompetence?  Aye, so he did.

Still should have been a penalty and a pretty likely 3 points, mind.

5 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Not even Hibsing it - Hibs inflict their own unexpected and often hilarious self-injuries. Aberdeen were shafted by the ref and VAR last night, plain and simple.

I doubt we'll see a more blatant penalty not given this season - even at Celtic Park or Ibrox.

Aberdeen's substitutions lost them the game,  they were 2 nil up with less than 20 minutes to go.  

That was as tough to take as the late collapse at home to Sevco last season. More controversial though with VAR missing a clear foul on McKenzie. Had the similarity of the subs changing the game unfortunately. 
Sometimes fans have been critical of Robsons reluctance to make subs, it’s a fine line that he hasn’t mastered yet but it’s still early days for him. 
Another good game for McKenzie though, delighted for the lad. Had a lot of doubters who are now hopefully supporting him. 

13 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

So its purely down to the ref that they lost after being 2-0 up on 70 minutes?

Classic P&B. If Hibs do that its a bottle job, anyone else its someone else's fault :lol: 

14 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

That was as tough to take as the late collapse at home to Sevco last season. More controversial though with VAR missing a clear foul on McKenzie. Had the similarity of the subs changing the game unfortunately. 
Sometimes fans have been critical of Robsons reluctance to make subs, it’s a fine line that he hasn’t mastered yet but it’s still early days for him. 

I hope we can win the league cup. This will give Robson and the players the time with the fans to develop. He should then be able to link well with our academy in the coming years. The plan would have been for him to start as our manager a few seasons later, but he forced the boards hand. I hope with a bit of luck he can bridge that gap.

22 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

So its purely down to the ref that they lost after being 2-0 up on 70 minutes?

Classic P&B. If Hibs do that its a bottle job, anyone else its someone else's fault :lol: 

Well, in this case....yes. Or not purely perhaps, but in large part.

It's hardly a Hibs-ing it to compare with some of the absolute classics to come out of Easter Road over the years.