Steve Clarke - in/out/general discussion

54 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Not aimed at anyone specifically mate. Just general fan culture from Scotland to Arsenal to Man United. 

No matter how much information fans have there will still we a knowledge and information gap. Fans don't look in depth at the opponents either.

Indeed we do, some fans like yourself don't even understand the offside rules.

5 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

He's really not.

Ralston wouldn't be good enough to play for Aberdeen. 

Of course he would, it's Aberdeen for f**k sake.   He plays for the best club in the country. And played for them last season around the same amount of times RMc played for Britsol and the majority of them weren't at full back.

McRorie was utter pish against the mighty Gibraltar, why would we then throw him into a must win game?  He wasn't even very good at full back for your mob.   

Edited by Hoose Rice

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Of course he would, it's Aberdeen for f**k sake.   He plays for the best club in the country. And played for them last season around the same amount of times RMc played for Britsol. 

McRorie was utter pish against the mighty Gibraltar, why would we then throw him into a must win game?  He wasn't even very good at full back for your mob.   

Ross McCrorie missed half of the season with a bone infection in his pelvis.

McCrorie is not good enough for Scotland either but is far better than Ralston.

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Ross McCrorie missed half of the season with a bone infection in his pelvis.

McCrorie is not good enough for Scotland either but is far better than Ralston.

Then was used mainly as a right midfielder.

I disagree, otherwise the died club wouldn't have punted him or would have bought him back or celtc would have signed him for a scottish quota for him to sit on the bench.  Just a normal case of supporters backing former players.  

He showed in his last appearance for Scotland he is anything but far better than Ralston, and if he was he would be playing this evening. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

23 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Then was used mainly as a right midfielder.

I disagree, otherwise the died club wouldn't have punted him or would have bought him back or celtc would have signed him for a scottish quota for him to sit on the bench.  Just a normal case of supporters backing former players.  

He showed in his last appearance for Scotland he is anything but far better than Ralston, and if he was he would be playing this evening. 

What a heap of shite.

Celtic were going to sign an ex Rangers defender from Aberdeen for over £2m to sit on the bench? Rangers were never going to make an offer for an Aberdeen player under contract.

I've already said I don't think he's good enough for Scotland, but neither is Ralston. 

f**k, if he's only as good as his last appearance then most of them should have been dropped after Germany.

I’ve always supported Clarke, but that was a coward’s performance.

First shot on goal from Grant Hanley in the 96th minute against a poor Hungary team.

The level of fear in that team can only be a cultural thing and that only changes at the top.

Against the Swiss we won a corner within 2 minutes and the Tartan Army roared like it was a goal, because it indicated some oompf and urgency.

Tonight we were too shit scared to make two forward passes in a row.

Honourable mention to someone I’m very fond of… Andy Robertson was an absolute shambles. Was he injured?

Anyway, rant over.

Absolutely bottled two tournaments now where qualification was there for the taking.

Thanks for everything Steve, but it’s time. Give it Moyesy for the World Cup and the next euros.