Stags Stay Up🔵⚪️🔴 A Kessock Bridge Too Far For Jags 🔴🟡

1 hour ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

What’s Partick’s chat in terms of contracts for next year? Got to imagine that some of your players have put themselves in the shop window for premiership teams since Doolan came in.

More to the point.....Malky has be a relieved man....until tomorrow maybe?

10 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Lot of comments saying how shite Jordan White is…

He’s played two matches with 7 stitches in his forehead. I saw him on numerous occasions today head the ball flush on his napper direct from the keeper, and had blood running down his face. He may not be the most gifted player, but fair play to him for giving it his all.

You have to admit though.........he really should have put the ball in from Samuels away.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

You have to admit though.........he really should have put the ball in from Samuels away.

Aye, agreed. But if I had 7 stitches in my heid I’d be at home on the sofa, not heading the ball at every opportunity. He’s a horse, but an extremely hard working lovable horse.

3 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Aye, agreed. But if I had 7 stitches in my heid I’d be at home on the sofa, not heading the ball at every opportunity. He’s a horse, but an extremely hard working lovable horse.

Is Alec (Samuels) still the ardent Christian as he was when @Cappielow1.....jist wondering...if anything....he looks a tad faster over 10 metres......important in his position. 

9 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I dont need to add more.

p.s. I will add more. I hope the young lad (forget his name) 16years of age (and probably not KNOWING how to commit a red card infringement)...who outrageously got sent off at Firhill.......felt like playing football again after today.

Edited by TONTROOPER

I thought it was one of the best games I have seen for a long time. Better than the English FA Cup Final yesterday!

I have a soft spot for County so I was delighted they stayed up.

The turning point for me was the clearance off the line which would have made it 0-4 on aggregate. Had that gone in it would have been an easy win for Thistle and everyone would be saying they coasted the play offs. 

Yan Dhanda for me was the class player on the pitch. His speed and cross for the third goal were world class. County played to their strengths, using the right side mostly and this paid off. 

Thistle loooked less threatening when Fitzpatrick was taken off. Yet they came back well after conceding the third. Overall they had the best of the two legs I would say. 

The Partick Manager spoke very well after the first leg on Sky. However, did he give too much away with his inexperience? I thought Malky was very shrewd in that he kept County in the tie in the first leg. He also played to a more structured system which gave his side a chance against a team flying with confidence. 

It was very fine margins at the end. But I think it's good for the game to have a Premiership presence in the Highlands.

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

BBC website says there was 4533 at the game. Either the BBC are talking shite or there's some serious fudging of figures going on as the ground looked packed on tv

Ross County always fudge their attendances. 

Just realised, quelle suprise that it's Falkirk fan talking about the crowd. I respect you for maintaining the crowd wanking tradition.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

With the Graham one i think if it doesn't hit him on the upper arm, it goes onto hit him in the ribs.

Compare the penalty against Grealish yesterday which he also knew nothing about (and shouldn't be a penalty imo ) it hit him on the hand and at least you can make the case that if his hand isn't there the ball goes towards goal where someone else can attack it. 

I fully understand why the penalty has been given today, but the handball law is broken. 

Have a look at the penalty awarded against big EFe in our Scottish Cup tie against Celtic in January.

19 minutes ago, Neilfs said:

I thought it was one of the best games I have seen for a long time. Better than the English FA Cup Final yesterday!

I have a soft spot for County so I was delighted they stayed up.

The turning point for me was the clearance off the line which would have made it 0-4 on aggregate. Had that gone in it would have been an easy win for Thistle and everyone would be saying they coasted the play offs. 

Yan Dhanda for me was the class player on the pitch. His speed and cross for the third goal were world class. County played to their strengths, using the right side mostly and this paid off. 

Thistle loooked less threatening when Fitzpatrick was taken off. Yet they came back well after conceding the third. Overall they had the best of the two legs I would say. 

The Partick Manager spoke very well after the first leg on Sky. However, did he give too much away with his inexperience? I thought Malky was very shrewd in that he kept County in the tie in the first leg. He also played to a more structured system which gave his side a chance against a team flying with confidence. 

It was very fine margins at the end. But I think it's good for the game to have a Premiership presence in the Highlands.

It was better than either of the cup-finals in my book.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

It was better than either of the cup-finals in my book.

I cannot see how anybody could claim differently. It was a bizarre game, but to come back from being 3-0 on aggregate with 19 mins to go is just stunning. Thistle should have killed the tie off at Firhill. They simply failed to take their chances, and it's a shame, but respect to County,  they took theirs. 

2 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I cannot see how anybody could claim differently. It was a bizarre game, but to come back from being 3-0 on aggregate with 19 mins to go is just stunning. Thistle should have killed the tie off at Firhill. They simply failed to take their chances, and it's a shame, but respect to County,  they took theirs. 

yep.........all of that!

Well in my book ....thats EXCITING.!

Ilove Scottish football.

29 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

yep.........all of that!

Well in my book ....thats EXCITING.!

Ilove Scottish football.

I don't watch English footy and, like you, love the Scottish game. I was at the game on Thursday and Thistle could've scored 5. A real shame, but credit to County, that was some fight back. Incredible, really.

10 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I don't watch English footy and, like you, love the Scottish game. I was at the game on Thursday and Thistle could've scored 5. A real shame, but credit to County, that was some fight back. Incredible, really.

Neil McCann nailed it though!

Brilliant game tonight.

4 hours ago, Acastus said:

What a bottle job. Only we could f**k that up so badly. Congrats to County who were remarkably the hungrier looking team.

That 2nd goal was the killer. Just conceded the penalty then we pass it straight out the park from centre - by our captain (who shat it from taking one of the first 5 pens then missed the 7th one 👏) who of all people should be showing a bit of composure after conceding but instead hands them the long throw which Brownlie just let his man turn and cross for a tap in.

Writing was on the wall then.  Didn't deserve to go up in the end. 

Finito, Bon Voyage, Au Revoir etc etc  etc