2023–24 Highland League Chat

welshbairn

On 30/05/2024 at 10:56, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It would be nice if the SPFL could organise the League Cup fixtures so that both Buckie and Banks can play in the league on the opening day, but I doubt they are overly keen on doing Buckie any favours at the moment.

22 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

IIRC, there's never been a season where this hasn't happened yet, but there's a first time for everything.

... Buckie at Ayr on Saturday 27th July.

Posted (edited)

From Strathspey Facebook:

A NEW ERA!

This is some very exciting times now at Strathspey football club while we go through a period of change. This is not only in playing personnel and others within the football department of STFC. These changes go to the very top.

We have a new majority shareholder and C.E.O. in the shape of Grant MacKellar, who is a successful local businessman who wants to help STFC modernise and develop in almost all areas.

A word from our new C.E.O.:

“It gives me great pleasure to become involved with Strathspey Thistle, as majority shareholder, and CEO. It is a journey that has gone full circle, starting in 1993, when as a boy aged 9, my Dad, Tom MacKellar, along with his two brothers Duncan and Fraser convened the first meeting to organise and create the team we know as Strathspey Thistle.

It is my intention to improve the playing staff and with a new management and coaching team in place, to improve our performance and results. Recruitment has already started and will continue, but that is only the beginning. I have also began the process of upgrading the facilities at Seafield Park to give the town and the wider area of Badenoch and Strathspey a team to support and be proud of.”

This is an exciting time to be involved in this project and we look forward to a new era in Grantown. Welcome Grant, let’s get to work!

Edited by welshbairn

• 3 weeks later...