2023–24 Highland League Chat

welshbairn

Seems like caged astro is the way forward for the SFA, Banks O Dee offers the worst fan experience in the Highland League, and charge 50p extra for paying the gate with a card, which I'm pretty sure is illegal. I really hope they get promoted. 

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Seems like caged astro is the way forward for the SFA, Banks O Dee offers the worst fan experience in the Highland League, and charge 50p extra for paying the gate with a card, which I'm pretty sure is illegal. I really hope they get promoted. 

Reason why it’s always best to pay in cash. Thought the soup at half time was ace. 

12 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Banks O'Dee promoted and replaced by Banks O'Dee Juniors.

That seems to be the plan, hoovering up players from the North Juniors catchment area by offering the potential of making the big team.

On 15/05/2024 at 21:22, welshbairn said:

Out of interest: suppose B O'D make it eventually to SPFL how far can B O'D Js rise? If they're a separate club could they make SPFL too or is HL their limit?

3 minutes ago, Gladstone said:

Out of interest: suppose B O'D make it eventually to SPFL how far can B O'D Js rise? If they're a separate club could they make SPFL too or is HL their limit?

Tier 6 - North Region Premier is their limit, same as Stranraer Reserves

Unless they pay the other teams 3k each and the other teams are desperate enough for another home league game 

On 15/05/2024 at 19:47, Gladstone said:

Wishing them well for 24/25. IMO  any club with ambition should be working for this. Shame on the Buckie dinosaurs who could not be arsed,  I noticed East Kilbride in LL had no problem there, and  it will be touch and go between them and Stranraer.  Pity as Buckie could well have beaten EK.

We should see if Buckie next season had ambition to go further if they achieve their Bronze and all the time it was a genuine f-up on their part. They probably won't be as strong next season as this season, someone else might be. BoD or Fraserburgh? Just enough to for another meltdown at Glebe.

I'd go for Stranraer to retain their place, usually a lot better at home than away. 5th best team in L2.

My guess next season club 42 very well might be Edinburgh City in freefall back to level 5 as either HL or LL champions will be too strong for them. Big opportunity for Banks O' Dee to go up two levels within three season, something we might never see again for a club from the North.

On 17/05/2024 at 14:00, CityDave94 said:

We should see if Buckie next season had ambition to go further if they achieve their Bronze and all the time it was a genuine f-up on their part. They probably won't be as strong next season as this season, someone else might be. BoD or Fraserburgh? Just enough to for another meltdown at Glebe.

I'd go for Stranraer to retain their place, usually a lot better at home than away. 5th best team in L2.

My guess next season club 42 very well might be Edinburgh City in freefall back to level 5 as either HL or LL champions will be too strong for them. Big opportunity for Banks O' Dee to go up two levels within three season, something we might never see again for a club from the North.

Could also be Brechin 24/5 win.

On 15/05/2024 at 19:47, Gladstone said:

Wishing them well for 24/25. IMO  any club with ambition should be working for this. Shame on the Buckie dinosaurs who could not be arsed,  I noticed East Kilbride in LL had no problem there, and  it will be touch and go between them and Stranraer.  Pity as Buckie could well have beaten EK.

Certainly from speaking to one or two of the directors when down seems like they are keen to make the step up 

On 16/05/2024 at 05:35, Vale Vale Vale said:

Reason why it’s always best to pay in cash. Thought the soup at half time was ace. 

Need to add more pie options. Bread guy baker up the road should be in discussion 

On 16/05/2024 at 12:40, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It would be some laugh to see Banks O' Dee get promoted. They are obviously well run, but they have pretty much zero fanbase.

Would be similar to cove rangers went up the interest would be there for a while then slowly drift off

• 2 weeks later...

A bit quiet on the pre season friendlies front. Maybe the excitement of the fixtures being out so early.

hoping BOD have another couple home games. Was down at the Peterhead one last season. First game took my son too who’s now got into going. 
guess will be waiting for the league cup fixtures to be arranged 

6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It would be nice if the SPFL could organise the League Cup fixtures so that both Buckie and Banks can play in the league on the opening day, but I doubt they are overly keen on doing Buckie any favours at the moment.

IIRC, there's never been a season where this hasn't happened yet, but there's a first time for everything.

I wonder if a few of the Cove fans might start heading down Wellington Road on a Saturday now there appear to be new big spenders south of the Dee. Some pretty impressive signings due at Spain Park going off rumours.