Dundee United 23/24

20 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Doubt that haha. 

I've no idea just someone at the club is going to be very busy in their role so could mean anything from the away kit launch to signings coming in.

Probably some nonsense like a new hospitality package and I'm gonna look like a plum 🤣

ArabianKnight new portrait.

IMG_1036.jpeg.caa7277be40c855bb34c99dd39c00224.jpeg

3 hours ago, Steven W said:

I only saw it for a second and The Courier is behind a pay-wall. Am I right in thinking he's asking us not to use the £40 (or thereabouts) voucher we'll be getting?

Thats exactly what he is saying. Absolute pile of shite to wait all close season, announce the season ticket sales, still mentioning a Championship rebate, mention news within 48 hours on the website, then announce it in an inteview with the courier. Could have at least put it on our own website or emailed the purchasers of STs direct.

Folk gave up the refund during the COVID year as that was completely unavoidable for the club. This time it's complete mismanagement that has led to this. Give up your rebate, buy some new training gear, book a cheap hospo package, buy a strip.

Edited by Tannadeechee

They can shove it up their arse. 

When the club is a community asset run for the good of the city it represents it gets donations from me.

When its a private business venture with the aim of paying profit to its investors then I'll buy goods and services from them at the advertised price.

7 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

Thats exactly what he is saying. Absolute pile of shite to wait all close season, announce the season ticket sales, still mentioning a Championship rebate, mention news within 48 hours on the website, then announce it in an inteview with the courier. Could have at least put it on our own website or emailed the purchasers of STs direct.

Folk gave up the refund during the COVID year as that was completely unavoidable for the club. This time it's complete mismanagement that has led to this. Give up your rebate, buy some new training gear, book a cheap hospo package, buy a strip.

But we are getting the voucher aren't we? He's just asking us not to spend it?

After being swizzled out of the refund we were due after the COVID season, I intend to spend every penny of this voucher 

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

But we are getting the voucher aren't we? He's just asking us not to spend it?

After being swizzled out of the refund we were due after the COVID season, I intend to spend every penny of this voucher 

Yes he is asking the fans not to take it. I doubt they will sell many more STs since the non discount prices are £460-500 (£25 a game minimum) which doesn't offer much of a discount over PATG.

Also it has been pointed out, unless it states it can't be used on the new strip, most of the repates would be spent against a top. With the way the deals are created it could lead to United having to pay Errea, costing them even more. They've made a balls up and have also commited bad PR

In part 2 today Capuano states the club " lost the trust of the fans". It did but did he really think the best way to repair that was to ask fans not to take the rebate against the most expensive tickets in the Championship, via a newspaper interview, not via official club channels, and by using the language in the below screen shot?

Screenshot_2023-07-13-23-15-36-349-edit_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Official communication from Tannadice out on the rebate this morning.

I see no mention of new kit being excluded (to my surprise)

I take exception to Capuano laying a guilt trip on those that take up the rebate. My son and I have been season ticket holders for a few years now and in that timeframe;

1/18th off the price of season ticket for  2021/22 for every match missed during the COVID season conveniently swizzled into (from memory) only the most expensive season tickets.

A 'Legends Match' for those buying season tickets during the loyalty period for 21/22 never happen.

Aside from AZ away, those buying season tickets in the loyalty period haven't ever once benefitted from getting first dibs on away tickets despite the literature stating they will.

I daresay a few other things too no doubt.

I'll be spending every penny of the vouchers thank you very much 

6 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Official communication from Tannadice out on the rebate this morning.

I see no mention of new kit being excluded (to my surprise)

I take exception to Capuano laying a guilt trip on those that take up the rebate. My son and I have been season ticket holders for a few years now and in that timeframe;

1/18th off the price of season ticket for  2021/22 for every match missed during the COVID season conveniently swizzled into (from memory) only the most expensive season tickets.

A 'Legends Match' for those buying season tickets during the loyalty period for 21/22 never happen.

Aside from AZ away, those buying season tickets in the loyalty period haven't ever once benefitted from getting first dibs on away tickets despite the literature stating they will.

I daresay a few other things too no doubt.

I'll be spending every penny of the vouchers thank you very much 

What was the premise of the rebate? Was it if fans took up the early renewal of season tickets and Utd were relegated they would be entitled to a 10% rebate? If so they have no right to then guilt trip fans in to taking it on when the club and business have under-performed. If he has then went on to say that the fans have 'lost trust' then no fucking wonder. 

6 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

What was the premise of the rebate? Was it if fans took up the early renewal of season tickets and Utd were relegated they would be entitled to a 10% rebate? If so they have no right to then guilt trip fans in to taking it on when the club and business have under-performed. If he has then went on to say that the fans have 'lost trust' then no fucking wonder. 

Think all of that is correct.

Going by Capuano's quote a few posts up, he's saying that taking up the offer will have an impact on the playing budget. A guilt trip basically 

21 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

It was any fans buying season tickets would receive a 10% rebate if we were relegated as the prices were set for Premiership survival. The details are still on the website.Screenshot_2023-07-14-08-24-09-725_org.mozilla.firefox.thumb.jpg.1fbbaf084a4e4275b1e8fca25c8a1c0a.jpgNo

Let the club keep my money from the Covid season as this was totally outwith the clubs control but will not be letting them keep the additional money this time round as it is down to complete mismanagement on the clubs part. Had we tackled the glaring issues with our squad in January I would forego the rebate (although we may well have stayed up), but the failure to do so was sheer negligence on the clubs part and it shouldn't be the fans who once again are asked to pay especially when the club have offered this rebate as an acceptance of failure on its part.

32 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

"While you're at it, if you could all buy loads of merchandise that we will never actually produce, and not bother turning up for matches so we could save on stewarding, catering, etc, that would be great. Cheers lads"

Yup, but remember your "rebate" voucher has a useby date of December 31st and if your on holiday you may miss out in the deadline.

Right lads donyou think there are enough babrriers so that if the fans ask for the "rebate"" they'll not actually use them?