Dundee United 23/24

8 hours ago, Beave said:

Jim Goodwin has really turned this campaign around, I was dreading going into this that I was signing up to see a mid table championship finish as my first fitba season but seems like it cant really get much better.

Wait till your not expected to win the seaside league under Goodwin for you to shite the bed 😂 

14 hours ago, ArabFC said:

It looks see-through. Hope for their sakes it doesn't rain.

checking courier:

Up to 100mm of rain is possible in some parts over the coming days.

The latest yellow warning runs from noon on Thursday until noon on Saturday, covering Angus, Dundee and parts of Perthshire.

everyone in the front row just averting their eyes the entire game

Here's a great read for a crappy rainy night. 

You may know Billy Hainey scored United's first ever goal in Europe on this night in 1966. (In an easy tie away to Barcelona, obviously.)

But do you know about the other club firsts he claimed?

From Nutmeg 28: here's Craig Millar on Billy Hainey: How the first man of Tannadice set Dundee United on their way in Europe

Edited by Nutmeg Richard

1 hour ago, Nutmeg Richard said:

Here's a great read for a crappy rainy night. 

You may know Billy Hainey scored United's first ever goal in Europe on this night in 1966. (In an easy tie away to Barcelona, obviously.)

But do you know about the other club firsts he claimed?

From Nutmeg 28: here's Craig Millar on Billy Hainey: How the first man of Tannadice set Dundee United on their way in Europe

"Jerry Kerr is one of the few remaining managers who doesn’t detail individual players on exactly how he wants them to play. He picks the team on its capabilities and then expects them to go out and do the job, using the natural talents at their disposal."

Think Liam Fox tried this last year too...

Brilliant performance last night. Obviously we've dropped down a division and that should be remembered, but we look a really good side. The brand of football we play (for the first time in several years) is pleasing on the eye. Credit to Goodwin is due. There was some grumblings of discontent early in the season, but it's all coming together now - Spartans / Partick Thistle cup matches seem a distant memory.

The big thing for me after last night was that we went into the International break a point ahead of Raith Rovers, and were 7 points ahead before they had kicked a ball following the break.

2 wins from 2, 11 scored, none conceded, and one of those wins was against the team now sitting third. That's pretty impressive tbh, and we have played well doing it too.

Absolutely love Cudjoe, I'm praying he keeps up the good work and cements himself as a starter at some point.

When he started pelting it up the pitch in the 87th minute, got tackled on his arse and somehow kept running I momentarily went gorilla mode.