Dundee United 23/24

Murray still has his pace for sure. He would be a big loss for County. His effort, positive attitude is faultless.

Can you not sign White instead? Hehe :)

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not sure I'd read too much in McLeod and Thomson returning. McLeod wasn't getting a game so he'd be as well sitting on the bench/ in the stand at Tannadice; Thomson's loan was only ever intended to last until January. If another striker comes in then I'd expect to go back to Montrose at the end of the window.

Miller is injured also so can’t see him featuring on bench for a while. 

On 03/01/2024 at 18:11, Pull My Strings said:

We were pretty close to the incident and it looked like the Arbroath player played the ball quite cleanly. The follow through wasn't great and it might be argued that it was overly aggressive but it wasn't late and I'm not convinced it was a foul. It wasn't given as a foul.

Fair enough. I only saw it in real time from a bit further down the line; probably a combination of my tangerine tinted spectacles, annoyance at the outcome and general disposition against that ref. that has played to my faulty perception there.

Different topic, but see all the tears over Willie Collum's recent VAR performance from Sevco, aided by the media?

It brought back memories to me of his achievements some years ago at Tannadice where he sent off three United players and awarded three penalties against us in a heavy 0-4 home defeat, a couple of weeks after we'd beaten the same team 3-2 at their ground. Opponents were the original Rangers.

I thought he was biased towards Rangers that night, but over the many years since, I've realised that he's just a useless cunt.

9 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Different topic, but see all the tears over Willie Collum's recent VAR performance from Sevco, aided by the media?

It brought back memories to me of his achievements some years ago at Tannadice where he sent off three United players and awarded three penalties against us in a heavy 0-4 home defeat, a couple of weeks after we'd beaten the same team 3-2 at their ground. Opponents were the original Rangers.

I thought he was biased towards Rangers that night, but over the many years since, I've realised that he's also a useless cunt.

Ftfy.

Sevco fans should have a look at the CIS final when Carlos Cuellar choke slams Kalvenes in the box. Kenny Clarks last game wasn't it?

Bunch of clowns really.

Send Tilson back to County.

Send Denholm back and use Bisland or O'Donnell (before we punt him) as back up RCB

Use Grimshaw as the back up midfielder.

Get a decent right back in.

Another striking option.

Punt Cudjoe to anyone that offers any money for him.

Get rid of Glass or Mochrie, probably Glass as he's had enough chances now.

Recall Chalmers and give him his final opportunity to show he can actually handle having the shirt on his back as it clearly plays on his mind.

That's about all I've got after today. Team didn't work at all today, would have been better with a back 3 I think.

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Send Denholm back and use Bisland or O'Donnell (before we punt him) as back up RCB

Another striking option.

Recall Chalmers and give him his final opportunity to show he can actually handle having the shirt on his back as it clearly plays on his mind.

That's about all I've got after today. Team didn't work at all today, would have been better with a back 3 I think.

All true but think you are being kind to a manager with a 50% home win record.

35 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Another striking option.

I think Tilson is bang average but considering how lacking we are in depth, as it stands I'd keep him. I'd rather he was a bench option, but at least he is an option.

For me, if we assume that Wotherspoon is a done deal, the other changes we need to make are...

In - Striker, right footed experienced player who can play as a central defender or central midfielder (the fabled 'Butcher Type')

Out - Denham

Then beyond that it would be some like for like changes if players were to leave.

54 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Another striking option.

Tony watt apart from that 1 assist was a disgrace. Far too Hot and cold. Mostly stone cold. 

I actually thought glass was one of the better ones when he came on but the fact he’s an older “graduate” I expect better. Mochrie didn’t get involved enough and Tilson should be sent back asap. 

That new striker is an absolute must. Heard Simon Murray was spotted in crowd today, could be a Dundee lad just going to local game cause I’ve not heard any progress on deal so far. 

crying out for Docherty back in that team who is still a while from coming back. 

Think that was the refs first championship game and it showed. United very poor but some shocking decisions. 

Glass and Mochrie are essentially the same player; decent technically but lacking in substance. Neither looks to have a natural position and though they have chipped in with a goal or two, you don't ever really think that they will change the game.

Our bench right now is so paper thin at the moment. 

Newman - mediocre young goalkeeper who you wouldn't want starting a game
Duffy - untested at this level. Did ok in League One but that's about it
Freeman - broken husk of a former footballer
Cudjoe - Hot and cold player who very rarely delivers off the bench
Mochrie - See above
Glass - See above
Macleod - Not good enough to get a game for the second worst team in League 2
Denham - Ragdolled by Spartans and Partick
Petrie - Who?

The narrative that United have this strength in depth that will see us over the line simply isn't true. Of that entire bench, I would imagine that Mochrie and Cudjoe would be the only two players who would regularly start in the league for another team. And I do include Glass in that considering how he couldn't get a game for the team who were relegated last season.

I'm not saying he was wrong to do it, but I was surprised when Goodwin made two changes at half-time, given we'd scored two goals in the previous 10 minutes.

I'd tend to leave Moult on no matter how poorly he's playing - he at least gives you an option - I remember Watt in the last 5 mins picking the ball up in the right-back position.

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I'm not saying he was wrong to do it, but I was surprised when Goodwin made two changes at half-time, given we'd scored two goals in the previous 10 minutes.

I'd tend to leave Moult on no matter how poorly he's playing - he at least gives you an option - I remember Watt in the last 5 mins picking the ball up in the right-back position.

Moult was injured. 

Team showed great character to come back from two goals where previous Utd teams would have chucked it. Probably should scored in those first 20 minutes of the second half when they battered Morton. Disappointing to lose it at the end but that’s football. 

Don’t think we should overreact, although a couple of experienced signings in Jan wouldn’t go amiss.