Dundee United 23/24

10 hours ago, Molotov said:

Is there any governance at the SPFL to stop another club getting into financial difficulties?

Na they just tell the clubs to pretend they are companies and to move on like nothing ever happened. 

ETA - So was the sell on money referred to earlier included in these results or not? 

Edited by Sortmeout

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Na they just tell the clubs to pretend they are companies and to move on like nothing ever happened. 

ETA - So was the sell on money referred to earlier included in these results or not? 

It was.  

19 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

There was a (small) profit the previous year.  There is no reason why this year did not have a profit, for some reason United decided to splash cash on something which isn't detailed in the accounts (£1m extra on the wage bill and £450k on transfers don't make up a £5m loss)

I’m not an expert on corporate finance, but I’m pretty spending a huge wedge on something and not including it in your accounts would be fairly illegal.  Or do you mean it’s in the accounts but not been pointed out?

Exactly where do you massage £5m into your figures?  That’s a lot of faces for a face painter to paint. 

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

I’m not an expert on corporate finance, but I’m pretty spending a huge wedge on something and not including it in your accounts would be fairly illegal.  Or do you mean it’s in the accounts but not been pointed out?

Exactly where do you massage £5m into your figures?  That’s a lot of faces for a face painter to paint. 

Its in the accounts just under a general amount.  Football clubs United's size are classed as small businesses most times so they don't need to have the most detailed breakdown in accounts

Had there ever been a player that's played for both Dundee sides but one more than the other? 

I was thinking earlier and can't recall anyone. I've always thought Murray is absolute hupny and he reminds me of a farmfoods Kenny Miller. 

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Had there ever been a player that's played for both Dundee sides but one more than the other? 

I was thinking earlier and can't recall anyone. I've always thought Murray is absolute hupny and he reminds me of a farmfoods Kenny Miller. 

Paul McMullan

I

21 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Neil Duffy technically, although I don't think he actually played for United in his first spell

EDIT - Actually 3 spells with United, but the first two were just spent as a regular in the reserves

Edited by WhatDayIsIt

1 hour ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Its in the accounts just under a general amount.  Football clubs United's size are classed as small businesses most times so they don't need to have the most detailed breakdown in accounts

There is a pretty hefty accrual (circa £1m) in the general expenses relating to compensation owed to Morton for Imrie.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

If I've understood your question, Tommy Coyne? United-Dundee-Celtic-Tranmere-Motherwell-Dundee

Billy Dodds? Dundee-St Johnstone-Aberdeen-United-Rangers-United

Jim McInally? First spell at Dens on loan, but 2 different spells with United, then back to Dundee.

There are others, but I'll leave it here in case I have the wrong end of the stick.

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

If I've understood your question, Tommy Coyne? United-Dundee-Celtic-Tranmere-Motherwell-Dundee

Billy Dodds? Dundee-St Johnstone-Aberdeen-United-Rangers-United

Jim McInally? First spell at Dens on loan, but 2 different spells with United, then back to Dundee.

There are others, but I'll leave it here in case I have the wrong end of the stick.

You've got it correct. I actually thought about JugLugs but never went to see if he had.

Tommy Coyne, wit a b(h)oy.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Billy Kirkwood,  unless I'm being thick. Which is highly likely.