Dundee United 23/24

10 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

If the McMillan PCA rumours are true, it'll be the 3rd time a Thistle player has missed a crucial penalty for them signed for us.

LOL.

I hope not. He was the worst player on the park last night.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Yeah, McMillan's absolutely gash. Even worse than Grimshaw if you can imagine such a thing. I'd be happy with Milne and Fitzpatrick but they're probably out of our reach.

I'd love to get Fitzpatrick in.  I assume he is still under contract though?

33 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

I'd love to get Fitzpatrick in.  I assume he is still under contract though?

Till July apparently. Decent enough but not sure he'd make the step up.

Given our erratic (shit) journey since Ogren took over this transfer window has taken on significant importance.

It would be nice if we could emulate our city rivals and clinch a top six slot on our return to the Premiership but I don’t think anyone is demanding or even expecting that.  What’s important is a series of solid performances that mean we’re not looking over our shoulders all the time at the relegation and playoff spots.

Thats going to be dependent on a decent if not spectacular squad and a balanced squad.  Players brought in to fulfil the formation and tactics Godwin favours.

Oh, and some entertaining football would be a welcome bonus; I certainly don’t want to suffer through another Mellonesque year.

I'm expecting better than 9th. I'm also expecting to be lower than 6th.

Anywhere between those positions, to me anyway, is a pretty decent return to the top league. Best of the rest would be a good target.

We have the 6th biggest budget but we also have the spine of a top Championship team with a few lower end Premier league players in it. 

Not miles away from a solid Premiership team but expecting top 6 when Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee, Kilmarnock, St Mirren could all quite easily strengthen on what they already have seems a bit over the top to me.

Would obviously be nice though.

Not  convinced that we should be looking to emulate Dundee.  Scraped into the top six 6 by a baw hair in a season when two of the top five biggest clubs were awful, and then got absolutely scudded after the split. Massive squad, losing a fortune and most of their best players are loanees. No ta. 

8 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not  convinced that we should be looking to emulate Dundee.  Scraped into the top six 6 by a baw hair in a season when two of the top five biggest clubs were awful, and then got absolutely scudded after the split. Massive squad, losing a fortune and most of their best players are loanees. No ta. 

A million times this. I'd be happy with the team just consolidating this year. 9th upwards is a bonus. Asking as we don't get relegated or in the playoffs I'll not be displeased.

And that's not accepting mediocracy that's being realistic and not wanting the club to turn to dust spending money we can't afford.

I'd like to be able to continue supporting United for as long as possible.

On 17/05/2024 at 22:27, Accent-Unknown said:

If the McMillan PCA rumours are true, it'll be the 3rd time a Thistle player has missed a crucial penalty for them signed for us.

LOL.

Erskine and Paton the other two? 

10 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I’d happily accept that, other than the losing a fortune bit which we’ve done for a number of seasons anyway.

Some great comedy on here, from a load of comedians. Goodwin taking you into the top six, no problem at all? The same Goodwin that got you relegated and couldn't beat Darvel.

Fucking hilarious.

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Some great comedy on here, from a load of comedians. Goodwin taking you into the top six, no problem at all? The same Goodwin that got you relegated and couldn't beat Darvel.

Fucking hilarious.

Thank you.

Your lot pitch invaded for a top 6 finish after you got scudded in all your remaining fixtures.

Don't continue that minter any further there's a good chap.

The target needs to be top 6 given the resources at the club. Anything else will be a disappointment as far as im concerned

30 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Your lot pitch invaded for a top 6 finish after you got scudded in all your remaining fixtures.

Don't continue that minter any further there's a good chap.

Irony overload, your mob are never off the pitch.

Also ours wasn't a celebration, the silly Killie were goading the Derry and a few hot heads ran on to attack them.

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Irony overload, your mob are never off the pitch.

Also ours wasn't a celebration, the silly Killie were goading the Derry and a few hot heads ran on to attack them.

Thank you.

That's better than a pitch invasion then 

6 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

The irony is a BNB coming on here with the brass neck to slag us off for anything. 

They are the gift that keeps on giving.

No trophy in 50 (fifty) years, no European qualification in 20 (twenty) years and I heard they haven't even won a top 6 match in 20 (twenty) years