Dundee United 23/24

Who is Goodwin answerable to at the club?  I’ve done an online search and cannot find an up to date management structure.  Do we have anyone who does the ‘director of football’ role or equivalent?

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Who is Goodwin answerable to at the club?  I’ve done an online search and cannot find an up to date management structure.  Do we have anyone who does the ‘director of football’ role or equivalent?

No DoF. Goodwin's boss will be Capuano.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Lungi Capuano. Its a job to him so no incentive to do anything.

This is the press release from Capuano’s appointment in 2022.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7414/LUIGI-CAPUANO-APPOINTED-AS-NEW-DUNDEE-UNITED-CHIEF-EXECUTIVE.html

This bit is significant: He will be responsible for leading the United Executive Team and all non-football parts of the Club.  That seems reasonable given that he doesn’t have any relevant experience to lead the football parts.

So in effect Goodwin has free reign and no one will question him when he makes f**k ups like he did last night.

As an aside here’s a quote from him from the aforementioned press release: “My role as Operations Director at the Club last season allowed me to implement a number of structural and operational changes leading to increased direction and productivity throughout the Club.”  Sound like management bullshitting for beginners.

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This is the press release from Capuano’s appointment in 2022.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7414/LUIGI-CAPUANO-APPOINTED-AS-NEW-DUNDEE-UNITED-CHIEF-EXECUTIVE.html

This bit is significant: He will be responsible for leading the United Executive Team and all non-football parts of the Club.  That seems reasonable given that he doesn’t have any relevant experience to lead the football parts.

So in effect Goodwin has free reign and no one will question him when he makes f**k ups like he did last night.

As an aside here’s a quote from him from the aforementioned press release: “My role as Operations Director at the Club last season allowed me to implement a number of structural and operational changes leading to increased direction and productivity throughout the Club.”  Sound like management bullshitting for beginners.

Why are you being so negative? The owner has put a lot of his own money in and he's a successful businessman.

7 hours ago, Kempes said:

On the evidence of last night, it’s hard to see how that squad has won so many games this season. To me, it has never looked strong enough to scoosh the Championship. Goodwin seemed to be doing a decent enough job keeping them top of the league, but when Raith strengthened in January their squad looked as if it would be a match for United’s. Add in that Murray looks a better manager and Ogren’s promise of immediate promotion is looking a bit naive.

It’s cos they haven’t always played as they did last night. 

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Why are you being so negative? The owner has put a lot of his own money in and he's a successful businessman.

The price of diesel has went back up. He'll be back chucking money in in no time.

19 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Any idea when tickets for the game on the 30th are likely to go on sale ? 

Holding off on releasing the tickets in the hope that the planet will be destroyed by a giant meteor, sparing any further embarrassment. Worth it, imo.

*(Probably end of the week).

12 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Raith fans greeting they've not been handed the keys to Tannadice next week.

I mean it’s not like our own fans voted twice to give United fans extra tickets at both games at Starks Park earlier in the season! 

If United fans are getting the shed then fair enough. If not its very odd. Given the people running our club either is possible.

It's United fans that did Raith a favour earlier in the season by buying up their empty seats.