The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

And John McGlynn is a diddy? He very nearly done the double promotion with Raith the last time he took them up. Probably with less resource than he’ll have at Falkirk. 

This season having the 2nd best squad another plus in his managerial career.

I'd guess we are about 6/7 wins away from sealing the league, we are now at the stage where Hamilton drawing is a really a defeat for them.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

This season having the 2nd best squad another plus in his managerial career.

I'd guess we are about 6/7 wins away from sealing the league, we are now at the stage where Hamilton drawing is a really a defeat for them.

Not necessarily remember we are bottle merchants apparently and the chase is on.

I posted this elsewhere but I feel it highlights the money wasted.

Plenty posts/comments about the Manager and rightly so,but when you look at the size of the squad the money being squandered is off the scale for this League and  it is not sustainable with decreasing crowds and neglecting our reputation for developing young players.

Squad:

G: Ryan Fulton,Dean Lyness,Jamie Smith

D:Ryan Tumilty,Jackson Longridge,Stephen Hendrie,Fergus Owens,Lee Kilday,Dylan McGowan,Jamie Hamilton

M: Marley Redfearn,Connor Murray,Lewis Smith, Mikey Hewitt,Kyle McDonald,Ben Williamson,Jake Davidson,Scott Martin,Jamie Barjonas, Paddy Meechan

F: Andy Winter,McKenzie Kirk,Kevin O’Hara,Jake Hastie,Euan Henderson,Akheem Rose

Out on loan:Chrissy McGinn,Cian Newbury,Joel Mumbongo,Joe McGlynn

Youth:Ben Black,Lewis Morgan,Kravala?,Lewis Latona

You could easily get 2  first teams out of this large squad who would be capable of beating most teams in this League with a decent Manager.

It looks to me that The Club Supremo has been playing Champ Manager with John Rankin gladly accepting all the incoming signings with no clue how to shape a team out of them.

A Poundshop Chelsea at this level with too many players.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

2 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I posted this elsewhere but I feel it highlights the money wasted.

Plenty posts/comments about the Manager and rightly so,but when you look at the size of the squad the money being squandered is off the scale for this League and  it is not sustainable with decreasing crowds and neglecting our reputation for developing young players.

Squad:

G: Ryan Fulton,Dean Lyness,Jamie Smith

D:Ryan Tumilty,Jackson Longridge,Stephen Hendrie,Fergus Owens,Lee Kilday,Dylan McGowan,Jamie Hamilton

M: Marley Redfearn,Connor Murray,Lewis Smith, Mikey Hewitt,Kyle McDonald,Ben Williamson,Jake Davidson,Scott Martin,Jamie Barjonas

F: Andy Winter,McKenzie Kirk,Kevin O’Hara,Jake Hastie,Euan Henderson,Akheem Rose

Out on loan:Chrissy McGinn,Cian Newbury,Joel Mumbongo,Joe McGlynn

Youth:Ben Black,Lewis Morgan,Kravala?,Lewis Latona

You could easily get 2  first teams out of this large squad who would be capable of beating most teams in this League with a decent Manager.

It looks to me that The Club Supremo has been playing Champ Manager with John Rankin gladly accepting all the incoming signings with no clue how to shape a team out of them.

A Poundshop Chelsea at this level with too many players.

That last sentence is somewhat pretentious for even an Accies fan with delusions of grandeur……..🤔

As one of my fellow Bairns suggested yesterday time for you to recognise & accept this now your level, particularly if the rumours of squad size being financially unsustainable despite public statements to the contrary.

4 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

That last sentence is somewhat pretentious for even an Accies fan with delusions of grandeur……..🤔

As one of my fellow Bairns suggested yesterday time for you to recognise & accept this now your level, particularly if the rumours of squad size being financially unsustainable despite public statements to the contrary.

Point of my post is that there is no need to have a squad this size at this level no matter what team it is.

The sale of 4 of our top youth players has funded this and all we needed was a core of experience and bringing youth through to learn from them…not 2 whole teams.

It is reminiscent of what John Lambie used to do years ago completely neglecting the youth which is what we are all about.

If Rankin was the Manager years ago, the likes of the 2 James,Brian Easton,Lewis Ferguson, Greg Docherty etc would never have got a chance.

4 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Point of my post is that there is no need to have a squad this size at this level no matter what team it is.

The sale of 4 of our top youth players has funded this and all we needed was a core of experience and bringing youth through to learn from them…not 2 whole teams.

It is reminiscent of what John Lambie used to do years ago completely neglecting the youth which is what we are all about.

If Rankin was the Manager years ago, the likes of the 2 James,Brian Easton,Lewis Ferguson, Greg Docherty etc would never have got a chance.

It’s a fair point and I hadn’t realised you had that size of squad.  That’s mental anywhere other than the Premier.

A stat on WAH Facebook group shows how bad this run is with only 12 points out of the last 27.

Keep this up and we may even drop to 4th.

Top at the start of December after beating QOS 5-0 on the 2nd to 14 points behind is some turnaround in any League and fair play to Falkirk for ruthlessly taking advantage.

6 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

A stat on WAH Facebook group shows how bad this run is with only 12 points out of the last 27.

Keep this up and we may even drop to 4th.

Top at the start of December after beating QOS 5-0 on the 2nd to 14 points behind is some turnaround in any League and fair play to Falkirk for ruthlessly taking advantage.

You were only top as you had played more games. Stop trying to make it sound like you threw it away rather than we won it. Any team would struggle to match our consistency and regular blowing away of opposition. Even before that you were grinding out results apart from against QOS who seemed to struggle against you.

Fairytale stuff huh 2nd best squad in division romps to title 

On 18/02/2024 at 15:11, Ian Mcleod said:

I don't know about that we all know how it ended for McGlynn at Raith.

On 18/02/2024 at 15:34, Ian Mcleod said:

He's an OK manager and usually does get results however it ended at Raith because he signed a certain player which put Raith in jeopardy (not saying he was the only person who made the decision though) there's certainly a big difference from the championship to league 1 in my opinion which will be hard for players who've played in league 1 for a couple of seasons to get used to. Arbroath likely going down means unless a PT team won the playoffs all of the championship will be FT next season it will certainly be interesting to see what happens in that league next season. 

This and the rest of ur messages from Sunday night scream absolute sour grapes x 

An okay manager and a squad inferior to Accies Galaticos and the club supremo now sit 14 (fourteen) points head of you x

Aye claiming Accies 'were top' at the beginning of December is an extremely false narrative.

Only went top on goal difference because they had played a game more. I'd need to look back but we've been ahead for the vast majority of the season.

Accies are clearly a good side on their day but a bit like us last season, no where near consistent enough 

This really isn't meant as a dig but Accies are a club on a downward spiral.

Why do I say that? Because I see you having all the same symptoms we have had in the past 5 plus years - drop from Premier League to Championship, drop from the Championship to League 1, bloated well paid squads, inexperienced manager, absolute roasters running the club, communication failings between the club and fans, losing the focus on bringing your own youth players through, falling attendances with unhappy fans - it's the same recipe we had.

If you guys don't somehow get up this year it just gets harder every year with less and less revenue coming in and there is always another club that is investing or has a good year. I think Queens, to an extent, have similar issues at the moment.

If we don't/didn't go up this year who knows what the coming years would bring.

52 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

This really isn't meant as a dig but Accies are a club on a downward spiral.

Why do I say that? Because I see you having all the same symptoms we have had in the past 5 plus years - drop from Premier League to Championship, drop from the Championship to League 1, bloated well paid squads, inexperienced manager, absolute roasters running the club, communication failings between the club and fans, losing the focus on bringing your own youth players through, falling attendances with unhappy fans - it's the same recipe we had.

If you guys don't somehow get up this year it just gets harder every year with less and less revenue coming in and there is always another club that is investing or has a good year. I think Queens, to an extent, have similar issues at the moment.

If we don't/didn't go up this year who knows what the coming years would bring.

This is the one. And its why I feel sorry for Accies fans. Where do these fucking p***ks come from that get their claws into our clubs.....

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This is the one. And its why I feel sorry for Accies fans. Where do these fucking p***ks come from that get their claws into our clubs.....

I don't think many owners, board members etc go into clubs with bad intentions; I reckon the vast majority genuinely want the club to succeed. Imo the issue is that you usually need to have enjoyed some financial success in your time to be able to invest in a football club, and financial success like that results in an ego (or was the product of one) which fans often confuse for 'ambition' when a new person invests. When you're on a downward trajectory, the prospect of your fortunes being turned around by a millionaire with an ego is tantalising, so you don't tend to question these "p***ks" looking to invest. 

Most of them don't have any noteworthy experience in football until they buy their way into it, but they think they're experts because a) their success in a different field, b) their egos, and c) football is the biggest thing in the country so everyone wants to be a part of it - how hard can it be for a successful entrepreneur? That means you're left with a bunch of inexperienced rich folk with huge egos leading a pretty unusual business (a football club), so it's really no surprise that it goes tits up and those in charge don't have a clue what to do.

Right now, Zengin's goal is the same as the fans': to get promoted. He's done some good in terms of his moves to buy the stadium, stumping up some cash for players and improved communication with fans. Point number two needs the caveat of that cash being used on a bloated squad, and the improvement in communication has taken a hit since results started getting worse (always a likely outcome). He has some leeway as he's not been in the door long and it hasn't been all shite, but all of the above means that I'm naturally sceptical towards how much we'll improve in the coming years. Hopefully in a few years time this is made to look unfairly cynical. 

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

TBF i also see the parallels between us and the Accies, we were a few months from oblivion and the fans stepped up, dug deep into their pockets firstly clearing up the mess then kicked on with funding etc etc. we now have a bod appointed by us, a manager who gets it, a stadium with atmosphere and a squad to be proud of. it took what, 2 years? with some real disappointments and frustration along the way. the way forward for the Accies is fan ownership, fan representation on the board and open, honest communication. that bs around our three players was an embarrassment. the wind ups are class, but as fans we have a lot in common. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I have been watching Accies since 1977 and only once-under Alistair Duguid and David Campbell have we had Owners with the best interests of the fans/club at heart.

This was the club remember who sold the ground for £6.5 million, got another £2 million from the the Retail  Park  and were left with £650,000 to build a ground after certain individuals got their hands on the money.

Hence the 2 Stands and not 4 and the extra money from The Retail Park  was to pay for a  covered roof which would have been a first up here.

Add in stopping a lottery winner joining the Board and a million other things and it has mostly been grim.

48 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I have been watching Accies since 1977 and only once-under Alistair Duguid and David Campbell have we had Owners with the best interests of the fans/club at heart.

This was the club remember who sold the ground for £6.5 million, got another £2 million from the the Retail  Park  and were left with £650,000 to build a ground after certain individuals got their hands on the money.

Hence the 2 Stands and not 4 and the extra money from The Retail Park  was to pay for a  covered roof which would have been a first up here.

Add in stopping a lottery winner joining the Board and a million other things and it has mostly been grim.

Who tanned all the money?

(I think that I know)