The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

It's clear as day opposition managers have Rankin sussed & know exactly how we are going to setup/play every single week.

If Accies don't score first then Rankin has zero clue how to change it to get a positive reaction on the park, we pass it about all game with little actual threat - Stirling game excepted - while still being leaky at the back.

Falkirk will be well clear by Xmas IMO & as the previous poster said Cove will be looking to catch us in 2nd.

1 hour ago, cdhafc1874 said:

It's clear as day opposition managers have Rankin sussed & know exactly how we are going to setup/play every single week.

If Accies don't score first then Rankin has zero clue how to change it to get a positive reaction on the park, we pass it about all game with little actual threat - Stirling game excepted - while still being leaky at the back.

Falkirk will be well clear by Xmas IMO & as the previous poster said Cove will be looking to catch us in 2nd.

Six goals conceded in thirteen league games.

5 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Daz shouting back at the fans again saying we don't get behind the team

This fucks me off tbh. I think the backing for the team has been as good as it has been for as long as I can remember. And those two don't deserve it.

It's unacceptable IMO for the likes of Daz to deflect from his and Rankin's failings by trying to pin the blame on the fans.

In the grand scheme of things Daz adds absolutely nothing to the club.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

This fucks me off tbh. I think the backing for the team has been as good as it has been for as long as I can remember. And those two don't deserve it.

It's unacceptable IMO for the likes of Daz to deflect from his and Rankin's failings by trying to pin the blame on the fans.

In the grand scheme of things Daz adds absolutely nothing to the club.

Agreed. Daz does it all the time as well shouted back at me a couple of weeks ago at the Cove game the guy is a complete muppet and i have no respect for him he puts the blame on everyone apart from himself. Rankin at least comes across as a nice person however he's not the man to take us forward and is a dreadful manager. Whenever Rankins time at the club does comes to a end Daz must follow him out the door. No decent incoming manager will want to work with him

13 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Not so sure we have a tricky run

Montrose A

Cove H

Kelty H

Hamilton A

We also have a few injuries and Henderson suspended on Tuesday. 

4 hours ago, Beckford said:

All the positivity we felt at the start of the season has gradually been worn away. I fear we are not even good enough to scrape 4th now tbh weak,  no real depth and a piss poor threat up front. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂won’t scrape 4th Ffs 

I think the players have mostly earned the benefit of the doubt this season, but yesterday was horrendous and a repeat of some of the issues we've seen throughout the season. Add in the fact that several players dropped absolute stinkers (pretty much all of them except Newbury who acquitted himself really well) and the result was never in doubt.

You can see from the lack of quality off the bench why Rankin has been loyal to some of the underperformers, so imo it's just a case of hoping that individuals can improve rather than changing the team too much, as well as Rankin setting them up better to defend counter-attacks. 

This may have been a cup game but  the same issues are there every week. We waste so many chances in every game and have done so all season. We were getting away with it before, now teams are punishing us. Teams below us in the league are getting their act together and we have a manager who rarely looks up to the job 

7 hours ago, Beckford said:

All the positivity we felt at the start of the season has gradually been worn away. I fear we are not even good enough to scrape 4th now tbh weak,  no real depth and a piss poor threat up front. 

Mental post - we are in absolutely no danger of finishing any lower than 3rd because we're just better than most of the other teams. We'll pick up many more points than them even by playing poorly.

If come May we've finished 3rd and gone up through the playoffs then fine, but right now we are spending league winning amounts of money and are in danger of squandering it.

Falkirk, on the other hand, are maximising their squad talent and league form by getting the job done in the cups as well.

I think there's a real chance Falkirk drop at least 2 points before they come to NDP. But we absolutely need to take 9 points ourselves. No wiggle room. Ideally we want to be ahead of them before then to ensure the bigger pressure is on them and not us.

Think you lot are over reacting. Aye getting put out the cup by Kelty is a very very poor result. But you're still 3 points behind us with over half the season to go. This time next week you could be ahead of us in the league. 

I'll be really really happy if we're still ahead of you lot after the 16th. 

TBH most accies fans expect to be out of cup competitions early doors. For whatever reason we rarely perform in cups. The issue is that on paper, we have a squad that should be performing much better.  Questions remain regarding the manager. He brought these players to the club but is not getting them playing at the level they should be. We have no right to assume we are better than part time teams unless we prove it on the park.

12 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Think you lot are over reacting. Aye getting put out the cup by Kelty is a very very poor result. But you're still 3 points behind us with over half the season to go. This time next week you could be ahead of us in the league. 

I'll be really really happy if we're still ahead of you lot after the 16th. 

There is more chance of Cove being above us after the 16th than there is of us being above you. We've been dreadful for weeks apart from the Stirling game and the second half of Montrose and the Stirling game was more due to how bad Stirling were. Yesterday wasn't a one off and if Rankin stays I can only imagine that more results like yesterday will continue to happen. 

Some good debate on here. The acciesworld forum is dying a death, total apathy. There wasn't even a match thread for yesterday. To put this in perspective, on the Albion Rovers forum there were 36 posts for their South of Scotland Challenge Cup game at Kilwinning and most of them pre- match ( so not just folk moaning about their awful defeat). Why do fans post here and not there? 

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

There is more chance of Cove being above us after the 16th than there is of us being above you. We've been dreadful for weeks apart from the Stirling game and the second half of Montrose and the Stirling game was more due to how bad Stirling were. Yesterday wasn't a one off and if Rankin stays I can only imagine that more results like yesterday will continue to happen. 

Aye, and if you beat Annan and we lose to Montrose, you'll be above us and everything in the garden will be rosy again! Accies fans do seem to overreact in both directions. Having said that, wait to you see the state of some Falkirk posters when we lose for the fist time!

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, and if you beat Annan and we lose to Montrose, you'll be above us and everything in the garden will be rosy again! Accies fans do seem to overreact in both directions. Having said that, wait to you see the state of some Falkirk posters when we lose for the fist time!

We will soon see but again we are lucky it's only a 3 point gap with the way we've played at times.