The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

7 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi guys. Congratulations!

Just thought you'd like to know that Cian Newbury won YPOTY for us last night. He was also MOTM in the first leg win against Spartans, and was superb in Friday's final second leg. If you didn't manage to catch either on TV I'd recommend watching the first leg on the iPlayer if you're at a bit of a loose end. It basically summed up how good he's been for us in a 90 minute nutshell.

I think he could step into your side in the Championship next season and do a really good job. But if you're not wanting to risk that, then send him back to The Rock and we'll give him 36 games in League One next season.

Congratulations to yourselves as well. 

Don't think it would be a bad idea, I think it will be very hard for him to get regular game time, assuming everyone we have stays, centre back postion is very crowded, and I expect it will mostly be Martin and Macdonald in the middle.

1 hour ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Right, it's Monday.

When is GTF Day? Cos we are outta here 😁😁😁

Usually end of May IIRC ... anyway, congrats, deserved to win the playoffs but sorry to lose a nearby ground (for me).  Also not sorry to see the back of a club that Queens just never ever win against and who would be too strong for us again next season.  Enjoy.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Usually end of May IIRC ... anyway, congrats, deserved to win the playoffs but sorry to lose a nearby ground (for me).  Also not sorry to see the back of a club that Queens just never ever win against and who would be too strong for us again next season.  Enjoy.

Us and Falkirk both going up must have the likes of yourselves, Cove and probably even Alloa licking their lips about their prospects next season.

Massive opportunity for L1 clubs to win that league (In the same way plenty clubs will fancy a tilt at the Championship title) as the division is without any "Big" clubs or clubs like us who appear to have had a bit of backing from somewhere.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Us and Falkirk both going up must have the likes of yourselves, Cove and probably even Alloa licking their lips about their prospects next season.

It's certainly a tantalising prospect, but I'll hold my fire until I see what the Queens squad actually starts to look like.  Also need to see what ICT look like after the relegation/financial turmoil chaos settles down a bit.

7 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

It's certainly a tantalising prospect, but I'll hold my fire until I see what the Queens squad actually starts to look like.  Also need to see what ICT look like after the relegation/financial turmoil chaos settles down a bit.

Arbroath look like they've made a couple of decent early signings and have some decent prize money to invest too

On 19/05/2024 at 20:40, Laid-back Accie said:

Congratulations to yourselves as well. 

Don't think it would be a bad idea, I think it will be very hard for him to get regular game time, assuming everyone we have stays, centre back postion is very crowded, and I expect it will mostly be Martin and Macdonald in the middle.

I know Cian is a top prospect but I watched the first leg and he couldn't have touched the ball more than ten times. I was looking out for him. The ball went long a lot down to the conditions so he didn't have much of a chance. Bizarre that Cammy Bell  gave him it. Ruth, Lennon and a few others stood out far more.

56 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

I know Cian is a top prospect but I watched the first leg and he couldn't have touched the ball more than ten times. I was looking out for him. The ball went long a lot down to the conditions so he didn't have much of a chance. Bizarre that Cammy Bell  gave him it. Ruth, Lennon and a few others stood out far more.

I thought Cian looked decent in the second leg didn't do that much in the first leg. Quite liked the look of Ruth as you mentioned and Hilton as well. With Cian I think he needs to be playing regular first team football and I don't know if he'll get that with us next season I wouldn't be against sending him to an Alloa, Kelty or back to Dumbarton for another season or until January. 

21 hours ago, Owsley 2 said:

20 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I thought Cian looked decent in the second leg didn't do that much in the first leg. Quite liked the look of Ruth as you mentioned and Hilton as well. With Cian I think he needs to be playing regular first team football and I don't know if he'll get that with us next season I wouldn't be against sending him to an Alloa, Kelty or back to Dumbarton for another season or until January. 

He's barely put a foot wrong since we've had him and it seems clear to absolutely everyone at our club he's capable of playing at a higher level, potentially much higher. I'll be delighted if we get him back next season. 

According to the Daily Record former Motherwell midfielder Barry Maguire is a transfer target I've heard the name before but can't say I know much about him. He has been at Motherwell for a while now but has spent the past 2 seasons out on loan at Kidderminster and Dundee.

24 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Greg Docherty signing up, great business. Will really compliment the attack prowess of Morrison, Miller and Agyeman.

"Oh boys, you score some really lovely goals!"

MATCH REPORT: FALKIRK 3-2 HAMILTON ACADEMICAL - Falkirk Football Club

18 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

^ actual transcript of Gerry Strain’s contract talks with them.

Is Gerry Strain the aulder gentleman that sits on the bench laughing with Rankin or the knob bouncer looking bloke who was suited and booted at the weekend?

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Is Gerry Strain the aulder gentleman that sits on the bench laughing with Rankin or the knob bouncer looking bloke who was suited and booted at the weekend?

Guy in suit at weekend with Accies scarf on. Easily recognisable by the large beetroot heid !

2 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2024/05/22/spfl-proposal-to-ban-artificial-pitches-in-the-scottish-premiership/
joint statement between us, hamilton, raith and QOTS about the plastic pitch vote

Accies and Falkirk to complete double promotions next year just to piss them off and see the 2 clubs knocked back because of the pitches.

27 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I want nothing to do with That Particular Club. Won't be buying a season ticket as a result of this. 

I honestly can't tell if that's a joke or not? So you are not buying a season ticket because we spoke up about the future of Scottish football just because Falkirk did as well?