The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

And they live in denial too down in South Lanarkshire as they are not prepared to accept they have serious cash flow challenges. Maybe today’s news re walk up prices will be a starter for ten in their reality check. 

2 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

This is where you have to be realistic with expectations. Hamilton have a fan base equal to East Fife and Clyde. what level do they play at? If your ambitions are higher with the same fanbase, the money has to come from somewhere to buy players to compete with clubs who have  substantially higher attendances. 

We have a much bigger Fanbase than those clubs you mentioned; the problem is we lost 50% of them the last 10 years and this in no way will help people come back.

5 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

That’s brought about through a financial shortage. Hamilton don’t have a big enough fanbase to justify being a full-time club. How else are they going to make up for this? 

Been a full-time club for 20 years starting in this League and survived okay with all the businesses around the Stadium and the many Sponsorships.

Eleven years in the top League while crowdwanks like yourself were stuck down here for years…wonder who caused that eh.😂😂

Imo there's no point pushing the boat out if it means that fans will struggle to afford to actually watch the team put together. The moneymen at clubs across England and Scotland (and undoubtedly elsewhere) take advantage of fans' emotional attachment to their club, so I think it's unfair to blame them for getting landed with such unreasonable pricing. There are fans who pretty much don't leave the house unless it's to go to the football, which is especially true for home games, and it can be the only way for others to see friends or for families to have a proper emotional connection. Owners exploit how ingrained football is in our culture. 

Zengin's excuse last year was that he was paying over the odds to sponsor the shirts so he asked fans to do the same with ticket prices. That might have been fair enough from someone just through the door and essentially trying to operate the club at a higher level than we were at, but is that now just going to be a recurring cycle? When does it end? 

I can't imagine that I'll be bothering with too many home games next season. It's too expensive, and I don't feel right paying £26 every fortnight and essentially telling the club that it's an acceptable price. 

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Imo there's no point pushing the boat out if it means that fans will struggle to afford to actually watch the team put together. The moneymen at clubs across England and Scotland (and undoubtedly elsewhere) take advantage of fans' emotional attachment to their club, so I think it's unfair to blame them for getting landed with such unreasonable pricing. There are fans who pretty much don't leave the house unless it's to go to the football, which is especially true for home games, and it can be the only way for others to see friends or for families to have a proper emotional connection. Owners exploit how ingrained football is in our culture. 

Zengin's excuse last year was that he was paying over the odds to sponsor the shirts so he asked fans to do the same with ticket prices. That might have been fair enough from someone just through the door and essentially trying to operate the club at a higher level than we were at, but is that now just going to be a recurring cycle? When does it end? 

I can't imagine that I'll be bothering with too many home games next season. It's too expensive, and I don't feel right paying £26 every fortnight and essentially telling the club that it's an acceptable price. 

In our 150th year, they could have went the opposite way and went for £150 Season Books/ £15 for kids as a one off and heavily marketed it.

Many fans would have chipped in whether by aggressively promoting it Online or leafleting all of South Lanarkshire.

We did this numerous times in the past-especially during our homeless years.

The sad thing here is many fans are saying “enough is enough” including folk I know who had Season Books this season but who are angry at the way PATG punters are being treated.

Right away, the team will find themselves even more against it due to folk saying fcuk this.

The Accies support have went through a lot over the years: seven years without a ground, over £6 million disappearing from the sale of the old Douglas Park , the crooks regaining control from Alistair Duguid/David Campbell and The Nigerian scam etc etc.

Every time we seem to get back on an even keel, there is something that happens that scunners the Accies Fanbase to remove any resurgence of support/ optimism and this is it.

A Community Club where we have fans now stating they can’t afford to attend with their kids.

Get in the bin.😡🤬

Hopefully the anger at these prices will force a rethink as it affects away fans also and is a disgrace all round.

Posted (edited)

Genuinely don't think I can afford the football alongside everything else right now. Mental. Especially since I don't live in Hamilton so have to spend about £5 minimum to travel to home games anyway. 

It genuinely is cheaper to go and watch Celtic in some cases, especially if you're a student (and we of course haven't got round to offering student rates despite having UWS in the town). Can you really blame half the town, and most of Bothwell, Blantyre etc for looking towards Glasgow rather than us at this point? 

Edited by Moysterclass

^^^THIS^^^ 

After factoring in travel it makes it highly unlikely that I will get to many home games this season….🤬

On 29/05/2024 at 12:22, FuzzyBear said:

Accies announce a PATG figure of £26 for next season. They live on a different planet if they think that is acceptable.

I’m guessing the thinking behind this is that there’ll be more away fans, so they might as well milk them, even if it hits home PATG. Depressing. 

On 29/05/2024 at 12:22, FuzzyBear said:

Accies announce a PATG figure of £26 for next season. They live on a different planet if they think that is acceptable.

That is just ridiculous.

On 29/05/2024 at 06:22, FuzzyBear said:

Looking at the ST prices, that’s shocking. A 27.3% ST discount for an adult is telling…it’s telling you that they want ST sales, not PATG sales. It’s obvious they’re counting on their “fans” stumping up for ST and figure to soak Falkirk, the Pars and Raith fans for all (or more than) the market will bear. Based on the ST cost, they should be at about £23 for a PATG adult ticket…

6 hours ago, StuartA said:

I’m guessing the thinking behind this is that there’ll be more away fans, so they might as well milk them, even if it hits home PATG. Depressing. 

This.

I didn't go to the Hamilton away games last season due to the way Hamilton treated Falkirk fans over ticketing and won't be going again this season, I'm not encouraging behaviour and pricing like that. I'll go to both the home games this season, as I did last season and support our club.

Thank goodness our board treat the fans much better, reading the disconnect between Accies fans and their board and the positive relationship between our fans and our board is like night and day.

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Looking at the ST prices, that’s shocking. A 27.3% ST discount for an adult is telling…it’s telling you that they want ST sales, not PATG sales. It’s obvious they’re counting on their “fans” stumping up for ST and figure to soak Falkirk, the Pars and Raith fans for all (or more than) the market will bear. Based on the ST cost, they should be at about £23 for a PATG adult ticket…

Very poor decision from your club. We have a very loyal support and a decent away support, however this decision could have a drastic affect (significant numbers) those supporters that are considering/attending the two away games. Dreadful decision that may hugely backfire. As post above many fans were pissed off at Accies last season but put the issues to the side, this year I’m not convinced. On a side note thought you thoroughly deserved to go up. 

• Beckford changed the title to The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread
On 31/05/2024 at 01:00, TxRover said:

A fair observation, but very random list of teams who Accies are apparently trying to “soak”.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

A fair observation, but very random list of teams who Accies are apparently trying to “soak”.

It’s the teams with the biggest crowds that I was highlighting. It’s not a target on them, per say, simply that it reeks of the management team trying to squeeze the turnip.