The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Interesting signing Makenzie Kirk. Was hoping for either his signature or Bobby Wales after seeing our struggling forwards for a few weeks.

We're running a big squad this year but that's definitely not a recipe for keeping your forward line happy. Assume there's movement going out?

Edited by LeodhasXD

Our forward line's looking pretty stacked now, so I'd like to think some of the deadwood will start getting moved on. Mumbongo will almost certainly leave this month, Lanarkshire Live mentioned there being an offer for Zanatta on loan and McGlynn isn't all that fancied. 

Embarrassing announcement for Ben Williamson. 

Disappointed in the club drawing that level of attention on ourselves, especially in such an important season. 

Really interested to see how Kirk gets on. There's been a bit of fans wanting him put onto our bench, but a loan to this level is ideal IMO. See if he can handle the step up from the LL and also go to a team who aren't toiling. 

The LL is obviously a mixed standard but he has 27 goals in 21 games this season and is 19, so he's obviously got something about him.

20 hours ago, Skondras said:

Embarrassing announcement for Ben Williamson. 

Disappointed in the club drawing that level of attention on ourselves, especially in such an important season. 

Bit of a Twitter meltdown on both parts?

To think, he missed out the “International” bit!🤦🏻‍♂️😂🤣😂

3 hours ago, Beckford said:

And now an apology for our shambolic social media posts. Club needs to get someone in to run the socials

And an insincere apology if I've ever read one. 

did you eat the chocolate cake?

*5yr old covered in chocolate*

"no I didn't mean to eat the chocolate in any way."

Definitely not against Newbury going out on loan providing we get another CB in. I think Jamie Hamilton was around the age Newbury is now when he turned into John Stones for around six months, and that was with a good number of appearances under his belt, so I think it'll be good for Newbury to get some exposure to adult football in what should hopefully be a low-pressure environment. That said, if the league truly is gone for us then we could probably try and provide him the same, though I don't expect the club to think like that. 

Hopefully McGinn gets back fit and sent out on loan too as this season's been a waste for him after showing some promise last season. 

On 09/01/2024 at 18:54, accies1874 said:

Definitely not against Newbury going out on loan providing we get another CB in. I think Jamie Hamilton was around the age Newbury is now when he turned into John Stones for around six months, and that was with a good number of appearances under his belt, so I think it'll be good for Newbury to get some exposure to adult football in what should hopefully be a low-pressure environment. That said, if the league truly is gone for us then we could probably try and provide him the same, though I don't expect the club to think like that. 

Hopefully McGinn gets back fit and sent out on loan too as this season's been a waste for him after showing some promise last season. 

Puzzles me and plenty others how Stephen Hendrie always gets a start/Sub appearance before Chris McGinn.

As for Jamie Hamilton I thought perhaps he would have been the one going out on loan since he has basically missed not far off 2 years.

By not doing so,they must be planning on integrating him back in the team before the end of the season and ditto for Marley Redfearn who I also thought may have went out on loan.

Crazy to think it was not that long ago Jamie Hamilton was looking the next big thing after great displays in the top League.

Have you guys seen much of Cian Newbury? Either in the first team or youth games? I was up at Peterhead and really liked what I sae from him; it was no coincidence that we crumbled a bit when he went off.

He was playing directly against Rory McAllister, so won't probably face another striker all season who plays in the way Rory does. He knows every trick in the book and can be a cunning/clever/dirty big guy. But he wasn't getting any change out of Newbury at all. I was stood in line with our defensive line in the first-half and his reading of the game looked excellent for such a young guy; McAllister was getting frustrated with this wee child continually popping up to win the ball from him.

He looks very, very aggressive. A bit raw obviously, but the sort of guy who was just built to be a hardman on a football pitch. It's obviously incredibly early days, so I'll keep you posted on how he does. But I'm already praying that he's over the knock that forced him off and will be ready for a scrap at Bonnyrigg tomorrow. He didn't strike me as the sort of guy to be bullied by their endless long balls, team of big lumps and tricky, tight park.

19 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Zanatta, Mumbongo and O'Brien all look like they are leaving soon.  That will free up space/money to get another couple in.

Queens seem to be interested in Mumbongo he looked decent when he came for you at Palmy but not hearing good reports  about him.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Have you guys seen much of Cian Newbury? Either in the first team or youth games? I was up at Peterhead and really liked what I sae from him; it was no coincidence that we crumbled a bit when he went off.

He was playing directly against Rory McAllister, so won't probably face another striker all season who plays in the way Rory does. He knows every trick in the book and can be a cunning/clever/dirty big guy. But he wasn't getting any change out of Newbury at all. I was stood in line with our defensive line in the first-half and his reading of the game looked excellent for such a young guy; McAllister was getting frustrated with this wee child continually popping up to win the ball from him.

He looks very, very aggressive. A bit raw obviously, but the sort of guy who was just built to be a hardman on a football pitch. It's obviously incredibly early days, so I'll keep you posted on how he does. But I'm already praying that he's over the knock that forced him off and will be ready for a scrap at Bonnyrigg tomorrow. He didn't strike me as the sort of guy to be bullied by their endless long balls, team of big lumps and tricky, tight park.

Not sure if you saw my post when he signed, so I'll just copy it over again:

On 09/01/2024 at 18:39, accies1874 said:

Really interested to see how Newbury gets on. He was excellent at CB for the u18 title-winning side, but there are big concerns about him physically if he wants to stay in that position. I'm not sure he's the best technically, either, as his lack of strength also results in quite weak passing. V composed though.

He can play in midfield and at right-back, which is where Rankin said he was expected to play this season and I wouldn't be surprised if you guys end up moving him to one of those positions. He's started two senior games at CB and was very good against Kelty but struggled a wee bit more against Edinburgh City, which is why I'm so interested to see if he can hack it as a centre-back in adult football, especially as I'm not sure how much growing he's got left to do. 

His aggression helped him to be excellent in the air in the u18 league, but I hadn't seen any evidence of it in senior football so didn't think it was worth bringing up. If he ends up holding his own in the air for Dumbarton then that's a good sign. I think his background is as a midfielder and you can see that sometimes in how he approaches ground duels.

9 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Queens seem to be interested in Mumbongo he looked decent when he came for you at Palmy but not hearing good reports  about him.

He peaked in that game (his debut). It wasn't until he came on against Falkirk that I realised we'd signed a complete dud. Maybe he could be useful if you get him running in behind, but I'm being completely serious when I say his sub appearance away to Annan was one of the worst I've ever seen. 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Not sure if you saw my post when he signed, so I'll just copy it over again:

His aggression helped him to be excellent in the air in the u18 league, but I hadn't seen any evidence of it in senior football so didn't think it was worth bringing up. If he ends up holding his own in the air for Dumbarton then that's a good sign. I think his background is as a midfielder and you can see that sometimes in how he approaches ground duels.

That's really interesting, cheers.

He certainly looked like a centre-half on Tuesday night. He is really small and slight, but he didn't ever get bullied by McAllister - who is still a strapping big guy and probably as good as anyone in the league at holding player up. 

I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing more of him. Driving back from a fairly bleak night in Peterhead, he was one of the very few positives.

Our upcoming games 

Stirling A

Montrose H 

QOTS A

Annan H  

We really need to be getting 12 points here and if we do manage to do that it really does start putting the pressure on Falkirk as we have them the game after Annan. Today's results have given me a bit of hope but there's still a lot of work to do and it could end up being too much but I do think we're in with a chance all games now should be treated as cup finals and must win games we really can't afford anymore stupid points dropped. Would be really nice if we could make a big signing or 2 this upcoming week to lift the place up a bit more.

17 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Our upcoming games 

Stirling A

Montrose H 

QOTS A

Annan H  

We really need to be getting 12 points here and if we do manage to do that it really does start putting the pressure on Falkirk as we have them the game after Annan. Today's results have given me a bit of hope but there's still a lot of work to do and it could end up being too much but I do think we're in with a chance all games now should be treated as cup finals and must win games we really can't afford anymore stupid points dropped. Would be really nice if we could make a big signing or 2 this upcoming week to lift the place up a bit more.

You'll drop points but so will we. And if McGlynn hadn't had a brain fart yesterday we wouldn't have dropped two points. The only positive from yesterday for us is it kept the unbeaten run going..just. 

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

You'll drop points but so will we. And if McGlynn hadn't had a brain fart yesterday we wouldn't have dropped two points. The only positive from yesterday for us is it kept the unbeaten run going..just. 

I would hope we win every game now going into that Falkirk clash. QOTS Away is the game that worries me the most out of those 4. Stirling and Montrose have potential to be difficult games but we really should be winning both. The Annan game is the game we need to get our goal difference up imo their the worst team in the league and I can see them finishing bottom. Our manager has cost us plenty of points this season as well.