The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

6 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

I want to say that after goal 3 Hamilton played absolutely out of their skin whilst Falkirk were as bad as they’ve been all season at that point. Does show the gulf in class between the teams when Falkirk can have as bad a performance at home   all season and Hamilton have a fantastic performance and still lose. Really reiterates that Rankin is doing a fine job with the players he has. The boo boys clearly have no real concept of what he’s working with. 

If it wasn't for Falkirks 3 lucky breakaways at the start Hamilton would have walked that. Rankin Must Stay

Edited by Bigbrbairn

14 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We'll soon see if you're able to do it on a regular basis. I'm not saying that you won't either. At the end of the day Falkirk fans watch you're team every week so you will know more about your own team than we will. I just don't think you've been excellent in any of the games against us even though you have been the better side in probably all 3 of them but will you be able to do that against better managed sides? 

Fair play if you don't think we were excellent in the game at NDP and the first half of yesterday's game. Hamilton must be playing some brilliant stuff in the other games. 

This narrative that we're not very good in this league and we're only at the top because Accies have chucked it is total total pish. We've been top since about 8 games in 😂

52 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Fair play if you don't think we were excellent in the game at NDP and the first half of yesterday's game. Hamilton must be playing some brilliant stuff in the other games. 

This narrative that we're not very good in this league and we're only at the top because Accies have chucked it is total total pish. We've been top since about 8 games in 😂

They seem to think that because they managed to get equal on points having played a game extra for about two weeks that counts as us having been below their standard as recently as our last game in December. 

16 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We'll soon see if you're able to do it on a regular basis. I'm not saying that you won't either. At the end of the day Falkirk fans watch your team every week so you will know more about your own team than we will. I just don't think you've been excellent in any of the games against us even though you have been the better side in probably all 3 of them but will you be able to do that against better managed sides? 

The Airdrie team than finished 7 points behind a poor Falkirk side last season are up challenging for the playoffs. They literally signed nobody of note in the summer, it’s essentially the same squad. 

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The Airdrie team than finished 7 points behind a poor Falkirk side last season are up challenging for the playoffs. They literally signed nobody of note in the summer, it’s essentially the same squad. 

I'll caveat that by saying Dunfermline who won it fairly comfortably added to theirs and have gotten worse. I certainly didn't think they'd be in a relegation battle.

59 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Airdrie have arguably the best manager in the championship though only a matter of time before McCabe gets a job elsewhere. 

26 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Airdrie have arguably the best manager in the championship though only a matter of time before McCabe gets a job elsewhere. 

And John McGlynn is a diddy? He very nearly done the double promotion with Raith the last time he took them up. Probably with less resource than he’ll have at Falkirk. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

51 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

And John McGlynn is a diddy? He very nearly done the double promotion with Raith the last time he took them up. Probably with less resource than he’ll have at Falkirk. 

I don't know about that we all know how it ended for McGlynn at Raith.

6 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I don't know about that we all know how it ended for McGlynn at Raith.

I’d ended because he rejected a contract extension and singed one with Falkirk , don’t see how that changes the fact he finished 2nd with them in the season immediately after promotion. 

We’ve learned more than most where hubris and getting ahead of yourself gets you. Just over half of this squad, including hopefully 9 or 10 of the regular starting XI, should stay. A decent season ticket campaign should mean we’ll be able to put a competitive squad together. Just need to wait and see. Play offs would be the upper end of my hopes, but just stay up and consolidate first. 

(if we go up, of course)

6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’d ended because he rejected a contract extension and singed one with Falkirk , don’t see how that changes the fact he finished 2nd with them in the season immediately after promotion. 

He's an OK manager and usually does get results however it ended at Raith because he signed a certain player which put Raith in jeopardy (not saying he was the only person who made the decision though) there's certainly a big difference from the championship to league 1 in my opinion which will be hard for players who've played in league 1 for a couple of seasons to get used to. Arbroath likely going down means unless a PT team won the playoffs all of the championship will be FT next season it will certainly be interesting to see what happens in that league next season. 

17 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

He's an OK manager and usually does get results however it ended at Raith because he signed a certain player which put Raith in jeopardy (not saying he was the only person who made the decision though) there's certainly a big difference from the championship to league 1 in my opinion which will be hard for players who've played in league 1 for a couple of seasons to get used to. Arbroath likely going down means unless a PT team won the playoffs all of the championship will be FT next season it will certainly be interesting to see what happens in that league next season. 

That’s not factually correct is it? The baggage the Goodwillie signing entailed obviously factored in his decision to leave but at the end of the day he was still offered a years extension when Falkirks interest became apparent and despite unrest from some Raith fans he could just as easily have chosen to stay and front it out. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

12 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

we've been down the fresh up and coming young coach before dude and look where it got us. a cautionary tale, there's nothing like experience and McGlynn has been like a breath of fresh air for us across the board, honest, a steady pair of hands and a dab hand at recruitment. 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That’s not factually correct is it? The baggage the Goodwillie signing entailed obviously factored in his decision to leave but at the end of the day he was still offered a years extension when Falkirks interest became apparent and despite unrest from some Raith fans he could just as easily have chosen to stay and front it out. 

Doesn't shock me that the people that approved Goodwillie in the first place tried to keep McGlynn those new owners that have came in and Raith would have probably gotten rid of him

1 hour ago, AJ1981 said:

we've been down the fresh up and coming young coach before dude and look where it got us. a cautionary tale, there's nothing like experience and McGlynn has been like a breath of fresh air for us across the board, honest, a steady pair of hands and a dab hand at recruitment. 

Fair enough.