The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Hamilton fans on here seem like a decent bunch, congratulations in your return to the Championship.

Well done to Rankin and the team, well deserved in what I saw this season.

Top 3s for all comps this season (hopefully beaten Struthers to the punch):

Appearances:

1. Barjonas (46)
2. O'Hara (45)
=3. Tumilty (44)
=4. Longridge (44)

Goals:

1. O'Hara (19)
2. Henderson (11)
=3. Rose (8)
=4. Lewis Smith (8)

Assists:

1. Lewis Smith (15)
2. O'Hara (9)
3. Barjonas (8)

21 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Hamilton fans on here seem like a decent bunch, congratulations in your return to the Championship.

Well done to Rankin and the team, well deserved in what I saw this season.

Good luck for next season as well obviously not the season Stirling were wanting. It didn't feel like you were that bad for most of the season seems like the final quater you collapsed and Annan went on a good run winning the majority of their games. Will be interesting to see who replaces Darren Young. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We've fucking done it what a game credit to everyone at the club at times criticism has been rightly given to the board and especially Rankin this season however we need to give them all credit tonight where it's due as John got it spot on tonight delighted for everyone at the club a real buzz now going into next season in our 150th year what a day. 

Say it @Ian Mcleod

image.gif.461c886a96581c2719e2748dedcee68f.gif

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Posted (edited)

Congrats to Hamilton and John Rankin, in most normal seasons that Hamilton side would have walked league one, said this consistently. Hamilton at the moment a very decent side and bouncing back up immediately after any relegation is never easy so fair play. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Say it @Ian Mcleod

image.gif.461c886a96581c2719e2748dedcee68f.gif

I still think the criticism Rankin has received at times this season has been justified as he has got it wrong too many times. However he definitely deserves credit for yesterday as he did get it spot on and ultimately got us promoted. he'll be backed this time in the championship unlike last time where the previous owner was running the club into the ground.

Hi guys. Congratulations!

Just thought you'd like to know that Cian Newbury won YPOTY for us last night. He was also MOTM in the first leg win against Spartans, and was superb in Friday's final second leg. If you didn't manage to catch either on TV I'd recommend watching the first leg on the iPlayer if you're at a bit of a loose end. It basically summed up how good he's been for us in a 90 minute nutshell.

I think he could step into your side in the Championship next season and do a really good job. But if you're not wanting to risk that, then send him back to The Rock and we'll give him 36 games in League One next season.

Congratulations on the promotion guys. See you again next season. Thoroughly deserved to go up on that playoff final showing with some good goals scored as well

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hi guys. Congratulations!

Just thought you'd like to know that Cian Newbury won YPOTY for us last night. He was also MOTM in the first leg win against Spartans, and was superb in Friday's final second leg. If you didn't manage to catch either on TV I'd recommend watching the first leg on the iPlayer if you're at a bit of a loose end. It basically summed up how good he's been for us in a 90 minute nutshell.

I think he could step into your side in the Championship next season and do a really good job. But if you're not wanting to risk that, then send him back to The Rock and we'll give him 36 games in League One next season.

I watched the first leg and bits of the second and thought he slotted into midfield nicely. Not expecting him to start for us - not immediately, anyway - but I hope he'll be given the opportunity to prove himself as Scott Martin's backup. 

One thing that Zengin and Martin Mulligan deserve credit for is that they've been pretty good at sending players out on loan. Owens has come back from Kelty and had an incredible half-season, and it seems their fans have quite liked McGlynn too. Unfortunately, it sounds like McGinn's loan at Clyde has been unsuccessful. Kalala, Lane and potentially Redfern are the three who I think could benefit from a loan move next season. 

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I watched the first leg and bits of the second and thought he slotted into midfield nicely. Not expecting him to start for us - not immediately, anyway - but I hope he'll be given the opportunity to prove himself as Scott Martin's backup. 

One thing that Zengin and Martin Mulligan deserve credit for is that they've been pretty good at sending players out on loan. Owens has come back from Kelty and had an incredible half-season, and it seems their fans have quite liked McGlynn too. Unfortunately, it sounds like McGinn's loan at Clyde has been unsuccessful. Kalala, Lane and potentially Redfern are the three who I think could benefit from a loan move next season. 

Well your old pals in G82 will happily take them if they are half as good as Cian has been. Hopefully the Sean Crighton connection (and our promotion) means we can get someone in to benefit both clubs. We’ll need some reinforcements next season with the three loanees plus Michael Ruth and Finlay Gray likely moving on.

23 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

If we were to sign another keeper then maybe it would be beneficial to send Jamie Smith out on loan. 

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I still think the criticism Rankin has received at times this season has been justified as he has got it wrong too many times. However he definitely deserves credit for yesterday as he did get it spot on and ultimately got us promoted. he'll be backed this time in the championship unlike last time where the previous owner was running the club into the ground.

Would have thought a lot more of you had you held your hands up. One day doesn’t get you up. You were wrong you simply ran into a bigger club who finally got their act together. In hindsight It was always going to be difficult to win that league with us in it and the changes behind to scenes and in the squad we had made.