Who will be the next Celtic manager?

The next Celtic manager  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Trpsovsky is the latest manager to be linked with Celtic. As someone who has watched Slavia for the last 15 years, I can see why he is linked with Celtic. 

Didn't play the game to any serious level but made the move in to coaching early, managing part time while working in a bar that showed British football. He was a Liverpool fan growing up (He asked Gerrard to sign a book for him when they played Rangers in Prague and Gerrard refused) and said a couple of years ago he wanted to meet Liverpool and Celtic in Europe to experience the atmosphere at the grounds. When they got to the Semi-Finals in Europe a couple of years ago, there were reports that he had started learning English due to the interest coming in for him. 

His recruitment is very domestic, taking the top players from other clubs round about and developing, he also plays a lot of youth players. His recruitment has been good over the last few years and made Slavia a fortune in transfer fees. Soucek and Coufal at West Ham, Kral who just moved to Union Berlin, Bah of Benfica. Olayenka has just left on a Bosman and is expected to make a big move. 

He has been the most consistent manager in my time following Slavia and continually rebuilds every year after the heart is ripped out of his team every year in player sales. I can see why he would be linked with Celtic. 

Would he move? he most likely has a job for life at Slavia, Slavia are a wealthy club and he is virtually guaranteed European football every year so a move to Celtic doesn't appear to be a massive step up in managerial terms. In terms of size of club, Celtic are bigger. The most likely attraction would be the medium term goal of managing at the top end of English football and a few good years at Celtic would make that more likely for him.  

That’s a decent post IMO.

Never heard of the guy, but it sounds like someone who should be considered.

Seems he would be a safe and solid appointment but could he cope with the Old Filth goldfish bowl?

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

That’s a decent post IMO.

Never heard of the guy, but it sounds like someone who should be considered.

Seems he would be a safe and solid appointment but could he cope with the Old Filth goldfish bowl?

It is a decent post however the link appears to be a wind up from that Kev Murray on twitter 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Then explain Neil Lennon failing to win a single trophy in 20/21 nevermind a treble. I’m sure Neil Lennon still qualifies as anyone

That still hurts so, so badly doesn't it? So bad you had to edit a 22-word, one line post.

Oooft!

18 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

That still hurts so, so badly doesn't it? So bad you had to edit a 22-word, one line post.

Oooft!

Was the question that difficult the only thing you could reply with is me editing a typo? That’s the flex? 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Was the question that difficult the only thing you could reply with is me editing a typo? That’s the flex? 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Ok then. Lennon is a shite manager who's ego beat sellk.

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So not anyone then, glad we cleared that up

Obviously, the man was mentally ill and driven by a misguided ego.

However, the fact that you have miraculously overcome unheard of difficulties to "pick yourselves up off the floor" is clearly testament to the messiah like qualities of Ange. Just to win a game in the seasons since Lennon is worthy of a Vatican-approved miracle.

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Obviously, the man was mentally ill and driven by a misguided ego.

However, the fact that you have miraculously overcome unheard of difficulties to "pick yourselves up off the floor" is clearly testament to the messiah like qualities of Ange. Just to win a game in the seasons since Lennon is worthy of a Vatican-approved miracle.

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

Anyway, Jinky, should you no be in bed by now?

Tucked up under your Ange duvet set?

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Celtic is the easiest managerial job in football no matter how much the fans like to say otherwise to pretend it's interesting after winning yet another treble spending 10x more than anyone else.

11 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Then explain Neil Lennon failing to win a single trophy in 20/21 nevermind a treble. I’m sure Neil Lennon still qualifies as anyone

Didn’t Lennon win the treble in 19/20?

12 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

He won the Scottish cup in that season and completed the quadruple treble but that's not good enough for Entitled FC fans.

15 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Lennon won f**k all 2 yrs ago

I get...

Ange Postecoglu

Trebles: 2022/23

Doubles: 2021/22

Neil Lennon

Trebles: 2019/20

Doubles: 2018/19

Brendan Rodgers

Trebles: 2016/17, 2017/18

Ronny Deila

Doubles: 2014/15

Neil Lennon

Doubles: 2012/13

Tony Mowbray

-

So, really, since Rangers died a decade ago and your only real financial rival vanished into the abyss, only Deila has failed to win a treble, alongside Lennons complete mental collapse during the Covid season. 18/19s treble was split between Rodgers and Lennon. Before that it wasnt as common as Mowbray/Strachan never managed a treble (havent checked but i think O'Neill did?).

Sometimes one trophy isn't enough for the board (or fans). Lennon sacked after 1 trophy in 13/14, Deila sacked after 1 trophy in 15/16, Lennon sacked with 0 trophies 20/21.

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 hours ago, Raidernation said:

As I suspected, clueless.

I’m clueless as to why you find the question too hard and avoided answering it directly and instead opt to post a lot of guff.

And you didn’t need to post twice you could have just edited it like I have here, it really isn’t a big deal 😉

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Didn’t Lennon win the treble in 19/20?

As others mention he hasn’t managed a treble winning season from start to finish

1 hour ago, bennett said:

He won the Scottish cup in that season and completed the quadruple treble but that's not good enough for Entitled FC fans.

Interesting take since you just papped out a manager who won 1 of the only 2 trophies you have won since your return and took you to a European final.

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

As others mention he hasn’t managed a treble winning season from start to finish

Who else was in charge in 19/20?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That was my thoughts exactly. Unless he is insinuating a treble doesn’t count for Lennon because the SPFL season of 19/20 was curtailed early. If so, that would be some climb down.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

That was my thoughts exactly. Unless he is insinuating a treble doesn’t count for Lennon because the SPFL season of 19/20 was curtailed early. If so, that would be some climb down.

Thats the only way out for him, so yeah, its clearly whats coming.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

No sorry will hold my hands up here, didn’t read what you wrote properly so made a c**t of that one and was thinking I was still talking of the BR leaving season where he didn’t manage from the start. 

Edited by Jinky67