Clyde Season 23/24

We couldn’t pull the “rehabilitation” or “second chance” card either as it looks like he claimed mistaken identity, as an American football team were also there, “60% of whom were black”.

2 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Probably most clubs could manage to pull the “rehab, he’s served his ‘sentence’ card” we can’t. Media would be all over this. 
We need to be squeaky clean for next few years.

He has served his sentence tbf. He's not on the sex offenders register any more and hasn't been for 3 years. He's still a wrong yin and a fairly shite footballer so should be avoided but I don't think you'll get anywhere near as much press as the Goodwillie saga. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He has served his sentence tbf. He's not on the sex offenders register any more and hasn't been for 3 years. He's still a wrong yin and a fairly shite footballer so should be avoided but I don't think you'll get anywhere near as much press as the Goodwillie saga. 

Agreed, probably not but there is absolutely no need to take the chance in this we don’t need it. 

Even on football terms which is irrelevant really he’s not even on the same stratosphere as Goodwillie. 

Like yesterday, any updates would be very much appreciated. Seems like the No. 6 yesterday was Conor McLaughlin who was at Rossvale last season. If it’s the same guy (and I’ve not idea whether it is), he was at Airdrie when he was younger too.

21 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Probably most clubs could manage to pull the “rehab, he’s served his ‘sentence’ card” we can’t. Media would be all over this. 
We need to be squeaky clean for next few years.

So begs the question - “why the hell is he pulling on the strip at all?” Sounds like Duffy made his peace with him if he has signed him before but this is the first major test of the board allowing Duffy to make. “ football decisions” as that must surely come within the framework of not dragging the club through the court of public opinion again, especially this close to the crown point decision.

Leighfield

Cuddihy No2??  Sula  P Grant Cameron

Scullion No8?? No3??

No10??  Issac Layne

No3 could be carswell

dont recognise 2, 8, 10.

Back 3 with Cameron at lwb not looking great.

weve just gone 1-0 up no10 scored.

3 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Isaac Layne/Carlos Lyon 

He had a short spell at Cowdenbeath last season, I think most fans would have known about his past issues, and the name change thing.

I remember he looked an ok player at times, but no end product as didn’t manage a goal in the (relatively short) time he was there.

I’d therefore be surprised if he was the type of player you were looking for if he wasn’t great shakes in the Lowland League.

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’d therefore be surprised if he was the type of player you were looking for if he wasn’t great shakes in the Lowland League.

Unfortunately, I think he definitely fits the bill for us.

IMG_2352.jpeg.29454e7298b20e12980c5afc020ebbd8.jpeg

A photo of the players involved in today’s game with obviously a few more well-known faces missing. Carlos Lyon is in there on the kitman’s right and that’s another trialist on his left. A part of me feels I recognise the guy next to Barry Cuddihy but no name is jumping out. I believe the guy in between Cameron and Peter Grant is Conor McLaughlin and I don’t recognise the guy beside Sula either.

Let the speculation commence!

4 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

IMG_2352.jpeg.29454e7298b20e12980c5afc020ebbd8.jpeg

A photo of the players involved in today’s game with obviously a few more well-known faces missing. Carlos Lyon is in there on the kitman’s right and that’s another trialist on his left. A part of me feels I recognise the guy next to Barry Cuddihy but no name is jumping out. I believe the guy in between Cameron and Peter Grant is Conor McLaughlin and I don’t recognise the guy beside Sula either.

Let the speculation commence!

I also recognise the guy between Cuddihy and Sula but just can't put a name to him.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I think it’d probably be different if it were another club, but not us. A) after the Goodwillie farce and B) when we’re trying to show our value to a new community in order to move into a new home base. We shouldn’t be doing anything to jeopardise this new move, and signing a second sex offender is certainly doing that.

2 hours ago, bhoonaman said:

How is McQueen doing? Always liked him in his time at Clyde. 

Came off at half time, didn’t do much of note up till then. Was a good player for us, that’s a few years ago now mind.