Clyde Season 23/24

12 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

How can you give the BOD any credit whatsoever for this. Last week the Chairman was telling us how great it was that they had someone of Duffy's knowledge and experience because the Board had none....telling us that Duffy would take us to the Championship now the money was coming in.

The Board are wholly culpable for this shit show and the previous shit show last season and we are now left with no-one at the Club capable of spending the new found money in the remaining 2 weeks of the transfer window.

And so let's hope someone is appointed over McClean and they have contacts in the game and bring 6 at least competent footballers in during the loan window in September, or we really are done.

What I mean is credit to them for admitting their mistake appointing Duffy in the first place

They could have just dug in their heels.

Not easy for anyone to admit their wrong

18 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I dont mean to put a downer on things, but a mate saw Bomber throwing back a hauf in the Academical Vaults earlier.

I'm sure there's not a pub in Hamilton he hasnt thrown a half back in and "you can stick that on yer website "

19 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

What I mean is credit to them for admitting their mistake appointing Duffy in the first place

Not sure anything was admitted. Seemed apologetic to me. 

1 hour ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

I'm not sure they have admitted they made a mistake. They certainly haven't yet with Diamond, Corry and the recruitment team or any other mess up.

However, by firing James, there is a certain about of culpability being displayed....far too late though sadly.

On 15/08/2023 at 08:52, Ocelot1877 said:

I don’t get it because there is none. You are on here to try and spread as much ill feeling as possible. 

You seem to have a history having a go at volunteers of this club, and it’s not enough that the person in question has given up their position but now you are still gunning for them after they have left the club. Let it go. 

You have put out multiple claims

incoming takeover bids

shadowy figures that ACTUALLY control the board

Feeding a narrative Duffy was the money man

Saying there was no investor and alluding to the chairman making it all up. 

now it’s ex volunteers of the club out to somehow harm us because they have a position elsewhere 

You can’t back any of it up or wont. It’s all very tiring to read so good knows how you have the energy to consistently post it. 

Either put all your cards on the table or wrap it man

I don’t get it because there is none. You are on here to try and spread as much ill feeling as possible. (The CEO of a competitor club receiving sensitive information about Clyde, is most decidedly a conflict of interest, simply by definition.)

You seem to have a history having a go at volunteers of this club, and it’s not enough that the person in question has given up their position but now you are still gunning for them after they have left the club. Let it go. (sorry, but I don't agree that volunteers should be protected from doing the job correctly by virtue of the fact they are unpaid)

You have put out multiple claims

incoming takeover bids (proved correct today)

shadowy figures that ACTUALLY control the board (this is also correct although I can't agree with your literary talents in that I never used the words "shadowy figures")

Feeding a narrative Duffy was the money man (nope, don't remember that one)

Saying there was no investor and alluding to the chairman making it all up. (yes, I may have got that one wrong but in the absence of details of said investor and details of investment and no signings made with not long until signing window closes, I might just have fluked that one.)

now it’s ex volunteers of the club out to somehow harm us because they have a position elsewhere (he's the CEO of a competitor in our league, not a turn-style operator)

You can’t back any of it up or wont. It’s all very tiring to read so good knows how you have the energy to consistently post it. (I have the energy because I care and the tiredness comes from trying to get people like you to see what's been happening and continues to happen under your nose)

Either put all your cards on the table or wrap it man (Why should I continue to think for you...you are clearly lazy of thought if you can't work this out, seriously why do you think we have a chairman telling us we are shooting for promotion and we now sit second bottom and being told Duffy is going to take us to the Championship, then days later he's gone. It is an absolute disaster happening in front of our eyes and all you can say is "put your cards on the table or wrap it". How about doing some thinking for yourself.)

A formal request under the articles of the Club for an EGM with the requisite number of Owners signatures was served to the Chairman today. Whether or not there is a credible proposal behind is as yet unknown.....but there's the incoming takeover bid I earlier alluded to. I may be right on the other stuff also.

Have a lovely evening.

Interesting wee quote from McLean’s post-match:

”Things are now my decisions - which is what I crave, and what I have been craving. It’s just unfortunate that we’re limited at the top end of the pitch at the present moment.”

Fair play, Brian.

To quote the US Office:

”It doesn’t take a genius to know that that any organization thrives when it has two leaders. Go ahead, name a country that doesn't have two presidents. A boat that sets sail without two captains. Where would Catholicism be without the Popes?“

15 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Interesting wee quote from McLean’s post-match:

”Things are now my decisions - which is what I crave, and what I have been craving. It’s just unfortunate that we’re limited at the top end of the pitch at the present moment.”

Fair play, Brian.

To quote the US Office:

”It doesn’t take a genius to know that that any organization thrives when it has two leaders. Go ahead, name a country that doesn't have two presidents. A boat that sets sail without two captains. Where would Catholicism be without the Popes?“

You'd like to think the solo Captain, President and Pope had some experience of the job though.

3 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

You'd like to think the solo Captain, President and Pope had some experience of the job though.

Rhys McCabe to quote one example didn’t have any experience either and look at the job he’s doing at Airdrie.

Willing to give McLean a fair crack now that he doesn’t have Duffy breathing down his neck. He needs to get some players in and sort things quickly though, he’s been left in a right mess.

Fair play to McLean for coming out to say what he did if that’s how he feels

As he says it is on his shoulders now and by start of things didn’t show up too well today - though in fairness the squad assembled would be difficult for anyone to do anything with them

Lets see who he get in before the end of transfer window and on loan - but need at least 5-6 starters

2 full backs, 2 midfielders and a couple of forwards

23 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Rhys McCabe to quote one example didn’t have any experience either and look at the job he’s doing at Airdrie.

Willing to give McLean a fair crack now that he doesn’t have Duffy breathing down his neck. He needs to get some players in and sort things quickly though, he’s been left in a right mess.

Ok fair play, let's see how he gets on then.