Clyde Season 23/24

14 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Totally agree

I was one calling for an EGM however now that Duffy has gone now isn’t the time for further disruption

I can understand the reasoning of those who have raised the proposal.  I am as frustrated by things as them the way things are at the moment

However unless those that have raised the action have an alternative(s) that is willing to stand up and show their plan to take the club forward any “no confidence” motion is futile.  We can’t just operate with no board

I would put any further disruption on the back burner until the Crownpoint matter is decided and we see evidence of the mystery supporter and to give McLean a run of games on his own to see what he can do 

There is two others teams on 1 point and one on 2 at the moment so we aren’t the only ones to start off badly

So by calling for an egm, as far as I know they would need a minimum number of owners to support that and put their name to it 

4 minutes ago, Shetto Clyde Man said:

Great time to call an egm ;)

Exactly. As I said earlier if the group have something to bring to the table then brilliant, but internal power struggle will kill the bid I think. Better to wait just a little while. 

Window closes in week so nobody coming in will improve the team on the part till January in any case. (Although I pray we get some bodies in next week). 

23 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Exactly. As I said earlier if the group have something to bring to the table then brilliant, but internal power struggle will kill the bid I think. Better to wait just a little while. 

Window closes in week so nobody coming in will improve the team on the part till January in any case. (Although I pray we get some bodies in next week). 

Loan window doesn't close until the end of September.

1 hour ago, Shetto Clyde Man said:

So by calling for an egm, as far as I know they would need a minimum number of owners to support that and put their name to it 

To call an EGM there needs to be 5% of owners in favour of it.

There is currently 336 members so means that 17 owners must have signed the motion to call for the EGM which was handed to the chairman at the game in the first half yesterday.

If this person is on this list of names calling for the EGM but they are stating they haven't signed anything and doesn't want to pursue this currently, does this potentially invalidate the motion based on misrepresentation?  Are there others in a similar position?  Did anyone sign the thing if actual signatures are required?  

The question raised by HHFC would suggest knowledge this person is on this list of owners pushing for EGM despite no longer wishing to do so.  

Hardly a stellar start if folk are being named when not wanting to be.  Amateurish really.  

15 minutes ago, Glorious Purpose said:

If this person is on this list of names calling for the EGM but they are stating they haven't signed anything and doesn't want to pursue this currently, does this potentially invalidate the motion based on misrepresentation?  Are there others in a similar position?  Did anyone sign the thing if actual signatures are required?  

The question raised by HHFC would suggest knowledge this person is on this list of owners pushing for EGM despite no longer wishing to do so.  

Hardly a stellar start if folk are being named when not wanting to be.  Amateurish really.  

The fan who presented to Chairman is an honest passionate Clyde fan. 

in a way I’m hopeful he’s not being exploited , as you say if there’s a name(s) on a list without permission, I highly doubt this fan was responsible for that.

Just been catching up on all of this as been enjoying my holidays.  Firstly, obviously at least it's a mercy that at least one sorry chapter of this club's recent inglorious history has been closed in the shape of Duffy finally being given the tin tack.  Maybe it's just the cynic in me (years of false dawns, amateur hour decisions at the highest level of the club etc have given me a world weary view on things) but it seems funny that punting Duffy came on the eve of potential fan protests and talk of the fan revolt leading to calls for an EGM.  It's almost as if Gordon Thomson had an inkling his card had been well and truly marked...

Yes, with Duffy now gone I can understand why some are calling for a moratorium on any further action to prevent greater unrest, but it's clear to me that serious questions need asking around some of the decision making that has gone on at Clyde FC, and the buck ultimately stops with the chairman.  I'd be all for giving someone else on the board an opportunity in the interim if that's what needed,  but for me Gordon (and I'm sorry to say it because I know, like us, he's a fan of the club and I'm sure has its best interests at heart) has made his position untenable and should do the honourable and stand down.

The club is needing direction and unfortunately we can't be rewarding failure, which we appeared to do when we moved Jim Duffy to DOF. 

On 18/08/2023 at 15:11, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Unc - get down to Didsbury in the morning, buy a nice coffee and fry-up and then abandon all morals by putting £50 on P'head. Then treat yourself and Auntie Albert to a curry at Rusholme on Saturday night.

I did just that, put a bet on (not £50 because I am not much of a gambler, Peterhead along with 4 others) and got £155 quid back. So a curry and a few drinks were had on Saturday night!! :) 

15 hours ago, Glorious Purpose said:

I have verbally called for an EGM but I havent signed anything.

In light of Duffy resigning I wouldnt have signed the call for an EGM.

As you say sounds likes HHFC thinks that I am on the list of names calling for an EGM for some reason.