Clyde Season 23/24

51 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Great to see that some of the ‘supporters’ are benefitting from the club’s troubles.

And why not? Not like betting against your team at the bookies has any bearing on the result.

I’m £90 up this weekend thanks to Peterhead and 3 other teams. They were a banker to beat us on Saturday.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

1 hour ago, Kempes said:

Great to see that some of the ‘supporters’ are benefitting from the club’s troubles.

Let’s be honest, wouldn’t take a genius to see the difficulties we were having with injuries and squad to see there was a slim to none chance we would get a positive result .

don’t see putting a bet on and hoping Clyde would be the team that bust that - is such a bad thing. Ffs, we have sabotage going on just now 😳😳

6 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

What’s worse; betting against your team to lose once with bet365 or abandoning the club altogether to go and watch St. Mirren every other week and trying to convince others on here to do the same?

I don’t care who or what folk bet on. Touched a nerve there, obviously. I didn’t abandon Clyde, I just refused to continue following a club that had abandoned their long held values on community, decency and humanity. I have never tried to convince any Clyde fans to follow St Mirren. I just suggested that some of the clearly very disgruntled fans might be better off watching another team and get back to enjoying their football. It’s clear that many of the posters on here have stopped going to Clyde games, for a variety of reasons, and the club’s board have an uphill struggle trying to tempt folk back. There is life after the Bully Wee but, anyway, enjoy the season.

8 minutes ago, Kempes said:

I don’t care who or what folk bet on. Touched a nerve there, obviously. I didn’t abandon Clyde, I just refused to continue following a club that had abandoned their long held values on community, decency and humanity. I have never tried to convince any Clyde fans to follow St Mirren. I just suggested that some of the clearly very disgruntled fans might be better off watching another team and get back to enjoying their football. It’s clear that many of the posters on here have stopped going to Clyde games, for a variety of reasons, and the club’s board have an uphill struggle trying to tempt folk back. There is life after the Bully Wee but, anyway, enjoy the season.

A lot of wind and pish.

Enjoy the Aberdeen game on Sunday, Buddie.

3 hours ago, Kempes said:

Made a change pocketing some cash off the back of a Clyde result instead of feeling like I’d pissed it into the wind.

Surely the bookies will cotton on quick that we are shite and not offer such decent odds on the opposition. 

Missed Saturday's game a it was my anniversary and the missus didn't fancy a massive disappointment twice in a day. Making up for it his Saturday as I'm taking the wee man to his first away game on Sat. 

P.S.  Not ashamed to say I won £105 on Saturday's result. I'm all for loyalty, but not blind stupidity. 

6 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Missed Saturday's game a it was my anniversary and the missus didn't fancy a massive disappointment twice in a day. Making up for it his Saturday as I'm taking the wee man to his first away game on Sat. 

P.S.  Not ashamed to say I won £105 on Saturday's result. I'm all for loyalty, but not blind stupidity. 

Maybe that is the cunning master plan? The mystery investor earns a fortune backing Clyde to lose every week, invests some of the dosh in new players and coins it in again as the bookies haven’t noticed the new additions. Beginning to sound like that Mel Brooks movie about Hitler.

23 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Yes and Yes

So is that an issue for you? 
I don’t think I’d be too happy about that. 
Suppose these processes always cause internal problems more far reaching than the initial intention. 

23 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

So is that an issue for you? 
I don’t think I’d be too happy about that. 
Suppose these processes always cause internal problems more far reaching than the initial intention. 

Not answering for anyone, his name might not be on any list although heavily hinted. 

and as I’ve stated before , I would be massively surprised if the lead in this went behind back(s) of people. 

just hope the absolute fraud of anti fraud who was amongst the proper fans is not behind any of this 

I have purposely not commented on the EGM issue for a few days to reflect on the main issues.

Although I do accept that the current board have made errors in particular relating to the appointment of Jim Duffy, I fail to see what a change in board would achieve at this stage. 

The board have acted and removed Duffy just as the majority of fans wanted.  It should also be pointed out that the current board have attracted substantial investment into the club for the first time in years.  The fact that this was secured slightly too late to impact signings in this window is undoubtedly a blow, but the fault cannot be laid at the door of the board.  

The other major issue is the timing surrounding the decision to call an EGM especially this close to the Crownpoint decision.  To potentially waste two years of work for the sake of an EGM at this time is myopic to put it mildly.  What would the point in changing board but losing Crownpoint/relocation and being back to square one.  It’s been clear for years that not having our own home is killing us and for the EGM group to jeopardise that is, in my opinion, ludicrous. 

Yes Duffy was a shocking decision but bad appointments are made in football all the time.  It’s not worth risking the future of the club for some unknown venture at this late stage of relocation.  

I’m not against any proposal acting in the best interests of the club as ultimately we all want a successful team on a Saturday.  Unfortunately I view this move as nothing more than a vanity project as demonstrated by the mass march on the directors box on Saturday.

Those calling for an EGM better have a watertight proposal with guaranteed investment and future home included.  If you do not, you may well have killed the club by your actions.  

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whats your thoughts on Jon Craig? In terms of being a Championship standard player in the next few years.

I think he has a bright future, but he’s not came

back and started the season like he finished the last one. Young and potential, but his worst attribute as a left back is his defending 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whats your thoughts on Jon Craig? In terms of being a Championship standard player in the next few years.

He has the physical attributes to probably do quite well in the Championship eventually, but he’s struggled a bit this season IMO. I liked him last season so was hoping he would kick on, but I haven’t really seen any progression this year.

2 hours ago, Captain Sham said:

I have purposely not commented on the EGM issue for a few days to reflect on the main issues.

Although I do accept that the current board have made errors in particular relating to the appointment of Jim Duffy, I fail to see what a change in board would achieve at this stage. 

The board have acted and removed Duffy just as the majority of fans wanted.  It should also be pointed out that the current board have attracted substantial investment into the club for the first time in years.  The fact that this was secured slightly too late to impact signings in this window is undoubtedly a blow, but the fault cannot be laid at the door of the board.  

The other major issue is the timing surrounding the decision to call an EGM especially this close to the Crownpoint decision.  To potentially waste two years of work for the sake of an EGM at this time is myopic to put it mildly.  What would the point in changing board but losing Crownpoint/relocation and being back to square one.  It’s been clear for years that not having our own home is killing us and for the EGM group to jeopardise that is, in my opinion, ludicrous. 

Yes Duffy was a shocking decision but bad appointments are made in football all the time.  It’s not worth risking the future of the club for some unknown venture at this late stage of relocation.  

I’m not against any proposal acting in the best interests of the club as ultimately we all want a successful team on a Saturday.  Unfortunately I view this move as nothing more than a vanity project as demonstrated by the mass march on the directors box on Saturday.

Those calling for an EGM better have a watertight proposal with guaranteed investment and future home included.  If you do not, you may well have killed the club by your actions.  

100% correct, I really hope this is not the actual nail in our coffin.

I repeat could they not have held fire for a little longer especially since Duffy was booted?