Clyde Season 23/24

In terms of raw technical ability, King is a cut above League Two level but he's not where Imrie wants him to be in terms of the nitty-gritty of knowing his role and following instructions (and Imrie's very particular about that). I would've liked to have seen him have a chance to start games and learn at Championship level, but Imrie wasn't going to give him that. You never know how these things are going to turn out, but if he settles quickly I think he'll tear League Two up. Quality player.

2 minutes ago, Deego said:

What’s the sketch with Hynes? How’s he been doing? 

Advertised as a right back which didn't help, he's basically only played in midfield. Didn't do much in L1 but been good in his two L1 starts. 

14 minutes ago, David W said:

Advertised as a right back which didn't help, he's basically only played in midfield. Didn't do much in L1 but been good in his two L1 starts. 

He mostly played wing back for us. Not the worst at going forward, a bit sketchy defensively. He had some good games but wasn't ever consistently near good enough for us. I wasn't sure how he'd get on after leaving us, but he did seem like the kind of player who could have a decent career around League Two level. We gave him a stupidly long contract after he first broke through but it seemed pretty clear that Imrie never rated him very highly. 

Granted he's a child and has played very little football. But I think I remember reading some very positive things about Kyan Gunn - earlier this pre-season too I'm sure?

You lot must have the youngest squad in the country mind you.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

Considering we've been having to start guys like Conor Scullion & Euan Cameron recently, Gunn has to be a better option than them even if it's just off the bench. We are at least signing highly rated young players now, even if a bit of balance in experience would be nice.

3 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

He mostly played wing back for us. Not the worst at going forward, a bit sketchy defensively. He had some good games but wasn't ever consistently near good enough for us. I wasn't sure how he'd get on after leaving us, but he did seem like the kind of player who could have a decent career around League Two level. We gave him a stupidly long contract after he first broke through but it seemed pretty clear that Imrie never rated him very highly. 

Hynes never broke through except in the lucid dreams of Gus 'slaphead' McPherson.

If King isn't ripping up League Two on a fairly regular basis then something is going wrong.

14 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

I can remember a similar outrage when we were chasing promotion and signed a 17 year old boy from Dundee United on loan... wonder how that went?

To be fair that was one teenager in a team of relatively experienced pros

In reality Banks didn’t get much minutes on loan with us and the fact that he played a man of the match full game v Annan at Broadwood clouds many peoples memory of his loan period

Currently we have 40% of the squad who are teenagers which regardless of their ability is too much for L2 level

You need a core of good experienced pros who have played 300+ games at this level and above to succeed