Clyde Season 23/24

4 hours ago, Glorious Purpose said:

It is true, however if it was the other way it would be permissable like when Gregg Wylde was released by Dumbarton and went to Camelon.  

I’m sure there’s logic to that being a rule, but it’s beyond me to what it is. 

On 25/09/2023 at 11:30, Shetto Clyde Man said:

If he was registered with Berwick after transfer window closed he can’t sign with another spfl club.

He could be signed on loan, the loan window is still open and as long as his wages were being covered it sounds like Berwick would be happy.

Not suggesting necessarily we should btw, just that it could be done.

3 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

He could be signed on loan, the loan window is still open and as long as his wages were being covered it sounds like Berwick would be happy.

Not suggesting necessarily we should btw, just that it could be done.

I'd definitely look at getting Buchanan in and punting Mulvanny.

He hasn't done a thing since joining and we're 12 games in. Waste of a jersey.

I wouldn’t take Buchanan now. I know we need experience but he’s 38, he’s too old for league 2 and for what we need. He wouldn’t feature enough for it to be worthwhile imo. If we are going to get experience in the door then get it in midfield or defence.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

6 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I wouldn’t take Buchanan now. I know we need experience but he’s 38, he’s too old for league 2 and for what we need. He wouldn’t feature enough for it to be worthwhile imo. If we are going to get experience in the door then get it in midfield or defence.

Not sure if I quite agree, he is a natural goal scorer and if you consider the job the likes of McSwegan or Andy Smith did for us it might not be a bad shout. Given Rennie is never far from an injury or at best unlikely to complete 90 mins then someone like him for last 30 mins might be worth being part of the squad.

Having said that if we don’t or not even tried to get him I’m not upset about that either, I do agree I’d rather have a midfielder or a CH if it’s down to choice. 

12 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Not sure if I quite agree, he is a natural goal scorer and if you consider the job the likes of McSwegan or Andy Smith did for us it might not be a bad shout. Given Rennie is never far from an injury or at best unlikely to complete 90 mins then someone like him for last 30 mins might be worth being part of the squad.

Having said that if we don’t or not even tried to get him I’m not upset about that either, I do agree I’d rather have a midfielder or a CH if it’s down to choice. 

He is but Smith in particular and McSwegan were far better players than Buchanan is, imo, and were still very good when we had them. Smith and Harty up top together were outstanding to watch every Saturday.

Saying that we are two divisions worse off now so maybe he could be of use. 

My worry would be we use a chunk of our playing budget on what would probably be a bit part player when we’ve wasted enough of it on some of the current squad already!

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

9 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

He is but Smith in particular and McSwegan were far better players than Buchanan is, imo, and were still very good when we had them. Smith and Harty up top together were outstanding to watch every Saturday.

Saying that we are two divisions worse off now so maybe he could be of use. 

My worry would be we use a chunk of our playing budget on what would probably be a bit part player when we’ve wasted enough of it on some of the current squad already!

You are definitely right in terms of the level of player, as I said I’m not that bothered if he comes or not was just making the point of writing folk off due to age. 

As you say if we use the budget better at this stage then obviously we should. Not a lot of options around at the moment I’d think though. 

19 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

With Rennie being our only decent out and out number 9, I would definitely take Buchanan as he's a natural finisher.

7 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

We were only a few thousand away from signing a decent striker at this level but wouldn't go up with our offer and the player would have been a cracking signing

Doesn't mean much without the context. Did we offer £30k and they wanted £35k OR did we offer £1k and they wanted £6k?

Was it someone with a recent good record of scoring at L2 or above?

Has the player been injured a lot and is therefore a risk?

Not much point in putting that on here if you can't back it up with some details...