Clyde Season 23/24

McInally I can be open to. Knows the leagues and knows how to win it. Won't be the best football to watch but we need to start winning and he can get us doing that. 

Scott Brown absolutely no chance, Barry Ferguson MKII. We don't have the luxury of experimenting...

Kevin Thomson I can also be open to but there must be a good reason why he hasn't had a gig since Kelty.

Ian McCall my preferred option as he has a track record of turning things around very quickly. He also is well respected within the game and has a good network, if he could bring Archie then that'd be even better.

There is one fan cutting about suggesting Danny Lennon, he is a fucking idiot.

Seen Yogi Hughes mentioned above, no thanks. His recent positions haven't been great for him and when tasked with turning around a failing team, he failed.

5 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

The interim management situation  has been mentioned.  I have no real issue with Miller, if it’s him, for this weeks game (we need someone to take training and prepare the team best he can for the cup game after all) but as long as it is very short term until a permanent manager is appointed.

BTW absolutely not Yogie Hughes, Peter Grant etc. McInally would be ok I suppose, he certainly had us on his mantle piece for years. Not my first pick though although the pick may be a limited pool.. who knows, as long as there is a process where we cast the net a bit.
I’m pretty sure it’s Maitland who is leading this and if so I’m slightly more confident, I repeat slightly!

I'm pretty sure Maitland is orchestrating this.

59 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

McInally I can be open to. Knows the leagues and knows how to win it. Won't be the best football to watch but we need to start winning and he can get us doing that. 

Scott Brown absolutely no chance, Barry Ferguson MKII. We don't have the luxury of experimenting...

Kevin Thomson I can also be open to but there must be a good reason why he hasn't had a gig since Kelty.

Ian McCall my preferred option as he has a track record of turning things around very quickly. He also is well respected within the game and has a good network, if he could bring Archie then that'd be even better.

Seen Yogi Hughes mentioned above, no thanks. His recent positions haven't been great for him and when tasked with turning around a failing team, he failed.

Reckon Scott Brown is in a different bracket than Barry Ferguson. He signed a new 2 year deal in July at Fleetwood after a decent first season at a decent level of football and was sacked 2 months later after 6 league games. They haven’t improved much in his absence either. He will get a shot at a championship job or a premier league job if he holds out. Ferguson is done as a a manager in my opinon

Kevin Thomson is out a gig because he done what was expected as minimum at Kelty and bought into his own hype after 1 season and resigned believing he was getting the Dundee United job or the Raith job. He also made absolutely no secret about it, think that is a huge black mark on his record and warning to clubs. That being said if we brought him in to steady the ship and he used us as a stepping stone I would have absolutely no issue, however if you thought Brian McLean was dull wait until you hear him. 

Edited by Ocelot1877

6 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Yogi would be a disaster, so I make him odds on

15 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Jim McIntyre is a done deal.

I'd imagine announcement imminent with him being unattached.

Source?

I was just about to post tonight’s latest unrealistic suggestion as well! With Maitland leading the search I was thinking out of work Clyde legend and looking to get his career back on track Mr Jack Ross. 

8 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Source?

I was just about to post tonight’s latest unrealistic suggestion as well! With Maitland leading the search I was thinking out of work Clyde legend and looking to get his career back on track Mr Jack Ross. 

No chance, does he not have a coaching role at Newcastle just now ?

Very much doubt he would give that up to take up a 'dream role' with Clyde ! 😂

17 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Do you think he could do a job? I honestly don't know much about him as a manager.

He has quite a low win % from his time at the Sons and didn't do well at EK but of course that won't tell the whole story.

It's been a while since he was in football, but a fired up Stevie Aitken is a good manager. Especially when he isn't given a huge budget to blow and has to work with what he's got.

He had a mixed time with us. But he still kept us in the Championship for two seasons, lead us to a cup final and put together one of the best Dumbarton teams of my lifetime in the second-half of 2016/17. 

If he'd jumped at the end of his contract in the summer of 2017 I think he'd have gone on to manage at a higher level. But he stayed even though our squad had been decimated, that season struggled to replace the quality we'd lost and we went down via the playoffs playing some pretty miserable stuff. The start to the next season was a disaster too and he got his jotters.

Like I said, I'm not sure he'd be interested. But he could be a decent left-field shout if he was. His time at EK was obviously an absolute disaster, but he did enough with us and Stranraer to earn another crack at league management imo.

Whoever it is, I just hope there's been a solid chat about players coming in in January *. Which players, why they're coming in, and how they're going to fit with the new coach.

Otherwise, a fucking waste of time.

*With most clubs I understand this would be a given. Not clyde.

Edited by DoingThe42

10 hours ago, Neilly said:

Jim McIntyre is a done deal.

I'd imagine announcement imminent with him being unattached.

Really? Was it not mentioned here that he lives in Broughty Ferry? A three hour round trip on Monday and Wednesday to Ochilview for training seems like it'd be a bit much.

I'd be happy with that. I'd probably be equally as happy with Stevie Aitken.

Geddes, Jardine, Moffat, Herd etc would be good shouts at a more stable club imho. It'd be fairly mad to give the job of keeping Clyde in the leagues to someone like that.