Clyde Season 23/24

22 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Really? Was it not mentioned here that he lives in Broughty Ferry? A three hour round trip on Monday and Wednesday to Ochilview for training seems like it'd be a bit much.

I'd be happy with that. I'd probably be equally as happy with Stevie Aitken.

Geddes, Jardine, Moffat, Herd etc would be good shouts at a more stable club imho. It'd be fairly mad to give the job of keeping Clyde in the leagues to someone like that.

You are thinking of Jim McInally. Jim McIntyre lives central Scotland and if he was to get the job I'd be very happy with it, was doing a very good job at Cove part-time before they sacked them so Sheerin could get his son in law back as manager. 

51 minutes ago, bullywee2010 said:

You are thinking of Jim McInally. Jim McIntyre lives central Scotland and if he was to get the job I'd be very happy with it, was doing a very good job at Cove part-time before they sacked them so Sheerin could get his son in law back as manager. 

He lives in Dunblane I believe. He's known for popping into Forthbank every now and again to watch games so obviously knows a good number of League 1 & 2 players.

3 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

No chance, does he not have a coaching role at Newcastle just now ?

Very much doubt he would give that up to take up a 'dream role' with Clyde ! 😂

No.

He's a personal trainer based in Dunblane. You're thinking of Eddie Howe.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Really? Was it not mentioned here that he lives in Broughty Ferry? A three hour round trip on Monday and Wednesday to Ochilview for training seems like it'd be a bit much.

I'd be happy with that. I'd probably be equally as happy with Stevie Aitken.

Geddes, Jardine, Moffat, Herd etc would be good shouts at a more stable club imho. It'd be fairly mad to give the job of keeping Clyde in the leagues to someone like that.

15 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Chris Geddes (Stirling Uni) & Gary Jardine (Civil Service) are doing good work at LL level.

Just on Chris Geddes.

He has a full time role at UoS as Head of Football, it's his 9 to 5. It harks back to the constant linking of Stewart Petrie to full time clubs but Geds is quite content with UoS by all accounts, he's local, they train during the day and he takes the first team Wednesday/Saturday and the 20s on a Friday night, cannot see him giving that up for a shot at Clyde and having to find a new job. Unless UoS let/support him to progress to a higher level and still continue as Head of Football 

2 hours ago, bullywee2010 said:

was doing a very good job at Cove part-time before they sacked them so Sheerin could get his son in law back as manager. 

Given the budget he had at Cove he done fairly pish and was bagged after a bad run of form that culminated in an absolute shagging off ICT.

Now that we have the financial backing, there’s no excuse for going for someone currently in the Lowland League or below. 

Jack Ross and Scott Brown are clearly both mental shouts but I don’t see why we can’t go for some of the other names mentioned who you wouldn’t normally consider as being willing to drop down to League 2. 

I’ve no doubt Jack Ross will have enjoyed his time at Clyde as a player, but the idea that he’s sitting down in Newcastle misty eyed about our current position and would want to help us out is absolutely insane. 

Some of the suggestions on here are class. We’re rumoured to have a bit of cash in the background and all of sudden we’re big enough to attract a coach at Newcastle and Scott Brown who’s managed in league 1 down south. 

who in the right mind honestly believes they’d drop down to our level and ruin their coaching/ management careers unless they have us in the championship by 2026.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

22 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Now that we have the financial backing, there’s no excuse for going for someone currently in the Lowland League or below. 

How much of this financial backing (and not much has been said about it on the website) will go towards paying off Jim Duffy and Brian McLean?

17 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

How much of this financial backing (and not much has been said about it on the website) will go towards paying off Jim Duffy and Brian McLean?

I think the very fact Duffy and then subsequently McLean were appointed (and before money was available) I doubt very much they were on much at all. Doubt it’s a major concern. 
Also misconception that contract are paid out in full after dismissal it’s  percentage of what left seems to be the terms at football clubs. 

17 hours ago, mrmystery said:

Kevin Harper could be a choice as done a great job at Albion Rovers when they were cut adrift and kept them up

This is probably one of the more realistic options. There aren't many managers about that have taken over a squad at the bottom of league 2 like he did with Albion and survived. Albion also noticeably improved from what I can recall and started grinding out results with him as manager.

6 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

He lives in Dunblane I believe. He's known for popping into Forthbank every now and again to watch games so obviously knows a good number of League 1 & 2 players.

Jim McIntyre goes to the same barber as me. I'd fully endorse Clyde appointing him for the potential of some good League Two chat if our haircuts were ever to clash.

2 hours ago, Kempes said:

Glasgow Times is reporting that the greyhound track (Shawfield) could be demolished, as a planning application has been submitted for housing and a hotel. I know that ship had long sailed, but it’s still sad to hear.

But ... if planning permission is refused, the owners may be desperate to sell. Any Clyde supporters still living locally should be objecting.