Clyde Season 23/24

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

McCall would be an absolutely top class appointment. 

Dangerously competent stuff from Clyde here. It has me feeling extremely suspicious.

For real though, extremely happy with that if true. The guy can obviously come across as a weapons-grade helmet sometimes, but he's managed over 800 games since 2000 and has had decent spells at some top clubs.

The pessimist in me is still itching to get his feelings across though. This is a completely different animal for him. At the moment, we're Team 42 and staring down the barrel of the Lowland League. Hopefully it works out but I'll feel much more at ease in a few weeks time.

On 27/10/2023 at 14:16, Wee man the jackass said:

Good to see the Stennie fans are obsessed with us still. Must be hard for them knowing they'll always be microscopic in comparison.

Funny this... I got out my car last weekend to hear a bunch of Stenny fans get out their car singing "Clyde are falling apart again". No idea who they are or if they even know who I am. Thought it was quite cute :lol: 

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

McCall would be an absolutely top class appointment. Assuming he was backed in January and could bring in a few players, I'd genuinely fancy Clyde to push for the top four. They certainly wouldn't be anywhere near the drop under him imo.

Lol. He was backed when he returned to us. Started well. Come January his dealings in the market were disastrous except Brian Graham and we went tits up, and covid assisted he relegated us. He knows a good player to sign, but struggles to know hiw to use them. Genuinely all the best to you if he does take over.

Edited by Highlandmagar

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Lol. He was backed when he returned to us. Started well. Come January his dealings in the market were disastrous except Brian Graham and we went tits up, and covid assisted he relegated us. He knows a good player to sign, but struggles to know hiw to use them. Genuinely all the best to you if he does take over.

This is Scottish League Two we are talking about though. Not the big boy leagues of the Championship and even the top end of League One. The fact a lot of players love him and will sign for him is probably as big as any other factor at this sort of level. You don't have to be a tactical genius to succeed at this level, you just need to be streetwise and have a group of guys pulling in the same direction.

Clyde's massive issue this year is that they don't have enough players in their squad who are League Two quality. With a decent bit of dough that won't be an issue for McCall to address in January.

7 hours ago, Bucky said:

Malky MacKay’s available. A football marriage made in heaven.

So is Chipper Rice, having divorced Alloa.  Id be happy with McCall tbh.

I suggested him on Oct 22nd, just in care anyone is interested.  Could have been a great Clyde man if we'd got him at Broadwood when he was in his prime.

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC
Typo

5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

So is Chipper Rice, having divorced Alloa.  Id be happy with McCall tbh.

I suggested him on Oct 22nd, just in care anyone is interested.  Could have been a great Clyde man if we'd got him at Broadwood when he was in his prime.

Rice left Alloa to go to Livingston in some coaching capacity.

36 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

This is Scottish League Two we are talking about though. Not the big boy leagues of the Championship and even the top end of League One. The fact a lot of players love him and will sign for him is probably as big as any other factor at this sort of level. You don't have to be a tactical genius to succeed at this level, you just need to be streetwise and have a group of guys pulling in the same direction.

Clyde's massive issue this year is that they don't have enough players in their squad who are League Two quality. With a decent bit of dough that won't be an issue for McCall to address in January.

Keep well clear here @Jan Vojáček or you may find yourself being interviewed for the job.

Given I've seen McCall being touted for Ross County that's an outstanding appointment for Clyde. Given McCall managed Clydebank and old Airdrie when they were both in the shitter he should fit right in

I'm delighted with that. I genuinely think that it's the best appointment we could possibly make. For all the stick the board take they've absolutely nailed a candidate that ticks nearly every box.

It is very important he is now given time to clean up a considerable mess. It won't be a quick fix, will probably take until January at least. However, I also think that such an appointment will be given a bit of patience that others would not.

Great appointment, a club in Clyde's position couldn't hope for a better appointment. Very surprised he's dropping that far down and hasn't got a club higher up to be honest. Assume they'll be some agreement that he can move on should he do well.

Absolutely bizarre that anyone would consider that balloon at East Kilbride over McCall.