Clyde Season 23/24

6 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Out of curiosity how is "an ambitious club" defined?

An ambitious club is probably defined as one that wasn't in the Championship with Hearts, Hibernian and Rangers less than a decade ago and which chose to use that massive financial opportunity to marvel at and fondle the balls of their big club as opposed to actually taking advantage of the opportunity. Still, at least you got what was coming to you - your spiral into freefall and oblivion has been a delight to watch from afar. I'm sure you much prefer playing universities and fat 45 year olds, though. The financial devastation your club finds itself in is completely of your own making, and your club's embarassing behaviour has made enemies of even the likes of your own local council, who would be happy to see you put out of your misery.

Safe to say I don't think you need to worry much longer about what constitutes an ambitious club in the Lowland League. I hope this helps.

On 16/12/2023 at 10:30, Wee man the jackass said:

Hearing the goalkeeper move has fell through 😔

id imagine a lot of targets will turn the opportunity down, its a big risk of having a relegation out of the league on your CV.

Even with yet another loss at the weekend the gap between Clyde , Forfar and Elgin looks manageable and would only take a back to back win to put the pressure on the other 2.

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

id imagine a lot of targets will turn the opportunity down, its a big risk of having a relegation out of the league on your CV.

Even with yet another loss at the weekend the gap between Clyde , Forfar and Elgin looks manageable and would only take a back to back win to put the pressure on the other 2.

Thank you for your valuable input

15 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Ryan Shanley escaping the Edinburgh City situation for Falkirk, he’s one I had hopes for if we’re injecting some cash in January. Wonder where that leaves Jordan Allan?

It would make sense if Allan headed back to you guys

I do like him, just doesn't fit the system McGlynn is using, and with MacIver doing so well he just not getting a look in

Jordan Allan has continued attending Clyde games that don’t clash with Falkirk and sits with the current squad members in the stand - most recently the Jeanfield game.

Making a move for him is a no brainer, although he could probably move to any club from Hamilton downwards. It’s win-win for him though because he will certainly do well, and even if we go down, he’ll get a gig in the league. He’s not having a great time at Falkirk, so hopefully the draw of something familiar will steer him to us.

I also think we should be doing anything we can to sign Mark Stowe on loan from Arbroath. We’ve spoken about him on here before and I said myself he was beyond our scope, but I reckon McCall will be able to cajole him.

He can play across the back line, but if it's anywhere but centre back then it's usually right back, where he played a fair amount in his Stirling/Berwick days. He's not played there much in recent years, though. He's got a lot of experience of playing as the outside CB in the back three so it'll be interesting to see what set-up McCall favours once he's got a good number of his own lads in.