Clyde Season 23/24

4 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

I doubt it's the Hockey Centre you'll be getting, it feels far more likely that Scottish Hockey and local Clubs like Kelburne will receive sportscotland funding to re-open it.

Plus the optics of it would be awful with it being the 2014 Commies venue - especially since Scotland are rumoured to take on the Games again.

What seems more likely is that you'll get a plot of land from the football centre next door.

Chinese whispers.

Aye pitch in Glasgow Green.

Where?

Fleshers Haugh

Where's that?

Tbh, outside of the Gallant Pioneers fans of and serious football geeks that isn't completely a daft question.

Glasgow Green beside the National Hockey centre.

Maybe three conversations later and it's the SNHC rather than the grass pitch just beyond it.

9 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

I doubt it's the Hockey Centre you'll be getting, it feels far more likely that Scottish Hockey and local Clubs like Kelburne will receive sportscotland funding to re-open it.

Plus the optics of it would be awful with it being the 2014 Commies venue - especially since Scotland are rumoured to take on the Games again.

What seems more likely is that you'll get a plot of land from the football centre next door.

You could very well be right and time will tell.

The reason I thought it would have been the hockey centre and not a cage or a plot of land was the 2-3 year timeline for the development. Given Clyde’s financial situation and the timelines I would have thought that it would be somewhere with the bones in place rather than somewhere needing built from the ground up, I just feel like that would be a larger financial outlay than renovating somewhere.

The other thing was how quickly the focus shifted after Crownpoint, considering it was implied that all the eggs were in that basket either that wasn’t strictly true or something else became available shortly after or round about the decision coming in.

Interesting times ahead, fwiw I was at Petershill at the weekend and the facility that they have would be good for Clyde if we can get something similar, doesn’t need to be anything fancy just something functional with good transport links.

9 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

Think that would be a good solution all round. 

“local clubs like Kelburne” though? Paisley c***s that have focussed on their playing squad for years and so still don’t have a suitable pitch anywhere near home and need to share Glasgow Green? Plenty of football analogies there…

33 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

You could very well be right and time will tell.

The reason I thought it would have been the hockey centre and not a cage or a plot of land was the 2-3 year timeline for the development. Given Clyde’s financial situation and the timelines I would have thought that it would be somewhere with the bones in place rather than somewhere needing built from the ground up, I just feel like that would be a larger financial outlay than renovating somewhere.

The other thing was how quickly the focus shifted after Crownpoint, considering it was implied that all the eggs were in that basket either that wasn’t strictly true or something else became available shortly after or round about the decision coming in.

Interesting times ahead, fwiw I was at Petershill at the weekend and the facility that they have would be good for Clyde if we can get something similar, doesn’t need to be anything fancy just something functional with good transport links.

Reading between the lines, I think the club knew Crownpoint wasn’t going our way the longer the process went on. Maitland also said something like “I’m not surprised it went the other way” in an interview just after Christmas. 

They first confirmed that they were looking at an alternative site at the fans’ meeting shortly before the Crownpoint decision was announced. The Chairman did say that this site would require a lot more work to get it up to scratch than Crownpoint would. 

You have to laugh at these clowns. We are on the verge of getting relegated to the lowland league and they want to build a stadium. This shite just writes itself. There was a big clue in not getting crown point in case anyone didn't notice.

On 15/01/2024 at 22:48, SLClyde said:

Given you’ve bored the tits off everyone repeating the same shite 14 times a day, it’s actually impressive that you’re keeping it up. 

HERES THE PROBLEM. I DIDNT MISMANAGE THE CLUB OR THE CHOICE OF MANAGER AFTER DL. I DIDNT  WASTE ALL THAT MONEY ON MANAGER AFTER MANAGER.WASTE ALL THAT MONEY ON SUBSTANDART PLAYERS AND I DIDNT PUT THE TEAM AT THE BOTTOM OF LEAGUE 2. I DIDNT DIDNT MAKE STATEMENTS ABOUT MOVING TO A NEW STADIUM. THE PROBLEM IS GORDON THOMSON AND THE SOONER HE IS AWAY FROM THE CLUB THE SOONER IT WILL IMPROVE. IS THERE ANY PART OF THIS YOU DONT UNDERSTAND.

7 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

HERES THE PROBLEM. I DIDNT MISMANAGE THE CLUB OR THE CHOICE OF MANAGER AFTER DL. I DIDNT  WASTE ALL THAT MONEY ON MANAGER AFTER MANAGER.WASTE ALL THAT MONEY ON SUBSTANDART PLAYERS AND I DIDNT PUT THE TEAM AT THE BOTTOM OF LEAGUE 2. I DIDNT DIDNT MAKE STATEMENTS ABOUT MOVING TO A NEW STADIUM. THE PROBLEM IS GORDON THOMSON AND THE SOONER HE IS AWAY FROM THE CLUB THE SOONER IT WILL IMPROVE. IS THERE ANY PART OF THIS YOU DONT UNDERSTAND.

Nope, I think that's just capital.

18 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

You can repeat it as many times as you want on here, it’s not going to change anything. 

Did you go to the AGM and vote against Thomson? 

17 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

You can repeat it as many times as you want on here, it’s not going to change anything. 

Did you go to the AGM and vote against Thomson? 

I actually think Jimmy Choo might be Gordon Thomson.

4 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

I suspect the club had an idea the Crownpoint bid was likely to be unsuccessful.

However, there was an AGM to be had and a chairman to re-elect.

7 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Reading between the lines, I think the club knew Crownpoint wasn’t going our way the longer the process went on. Maitland also said something like “I’m not surprised it went the other way” in an interview just after Christmas. 

They first confirmed that they were looking at an alternative site at the fans’ meeting shortly before the Crownpoint decision was announced. The Chairman did say that this site would require a lot more work to get it up to scratch than Crownpoint would. 

Who is going to pay for this project?

Given that the club don’t have any asset to sell and the ground will be built from scratch you’re talking about at least £2 million.

12 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Given that the club don’t have any asset to sell and the ground will be built from scratch you’re talking about at least £2 million.

Compo for McCall?

36 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Mystery benefactor, obvs.

Glad we’re in for Duffy but disappointed to hear Peterhead are too. Given he’s played up there before, their league position against ours, and our general inability to complete the signings we’ve wanted thus far, it has me sure he’ll go to Peterhead. Hopefully I’ll be proven wrong!

Edited by Replays

9 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

You have to laugh at these clowns. We are on the verge of getting relegated to the lowland league and they want to build a stadium. This shite just writes itself. There was a big clue in not getting crown point in case anyone didn't notice.

The impression I got from the Clyde fans when they played us that was that staying up was a foregone conclusion.

19 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

The impression I got from the Clyde fans when they played us that was that staying up was a foregone conclusion.

It’s far from a foregone conclusion, we are deep in the shit. The team looks a lot better already with changes made so far but as soon as we sub a player or 2 there is a stark drop off. We are also playing catch up which heaps a lot of pressure on us (eg we probably need to win up in Elgin twice whereas a draw will likely suit them). Our business over the rest of this month is vitally important. Add in a Flynn Duffy, Jordan Allan and Liam brown to what we already have and we are looking good. Keep missing out on targets and we are in real problems. Mostly we are hoping that the damage isn’t already done and we can salvage survival but I doubt anyone’s putting the mortgage on it.