Clyde Season 23/24

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It hasn't happened as far as I know and been going regularly since about 2008. Union Jacks were put up for St Rochs visiting this season, a first in my time as well. There were a few very obvious Rangers supporters there that day wearing club colours. I know St Rochs supporters were, understandably, unhappy because I was standing with one.

What point are you trying to make and why are you making it here?

Sinister as feck, bro.

Especially when middle aged men are shouting about slitting peoples throats and all that pedo stuff. 

Well worth the watching as they say in Possil.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Still getting over Covid, plenty of games in hand and regular fixtures to go.

I'm still waiting for you to explain the KKK stuff.

I'm calling you out bro as a quite sinister Lanarkshire bigot.

No idea what the Clyde connection is for you.

3 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

I'm calling you out bro as a quite sinister Lanarkshire bigot.

No idea what the Clyde connection is for you.

Evidence of the first?

As posted before Clyde are a bit of a talking point. A bit like Darvel and Livingston are now, Falkirk were a few years ago. It's an open multi club forum.

eta, didn't you previously identify me as a League official?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've limited my post to Clyde though, where else do you suggest? Whether you like it or not, they have become a talking point over the past few years.

Absolutely and it's an open forum so everyone is free to comment.

If someone has a point to make to you though and you're here all day then it seems a pretty convenient place to get a hold of you to make said point.

After Tuesday I had a feeling of acceptance, and today has only confirmed it. 

This team are simply incapable of winning games, incapable of holding onto leads, and incapable of scoring enough goals to bury teams. The amount of individual errors that lead to goals is genuinely incredible, it is nearly every single game. 

You can’t see a run of results coming to catch up. The inevitable is coming. 

18 hours ago, rossf1984 said:

‘no greater right to exist in the SPFL or indeed the Lowland League than Broomhill or Caledonian Braves’

surely the history of the club proves there is a greater right to exist. 

No it does not. In the same way that Falkirk don't have a right to exist in the second tier, or Brechin or Berwick a right to exist in the fourth tier. 

The entire purpose of competitive league sport is to demonstrate your right to play at a respectable level by, erm, putting together a credible team and winning games. You're confusing it with some sort of ludicrous franchise competition - in which absolutely nobody is coming for Clyde's historic brand either. 

Perhaps spend more time reflecting on your predicament instead of trying to cast shade on the LL teams you might have to deign to play next season. Because if you go down, it won't just be one level you'll drop in our lifetime. 

2 hours ago, Clyde_MM said:

Absolutely and it's an open forum so everyone is free to comment.

If someone has a point to make to you though and you're here all day then it seems a pretty convenient place to get a hold of you to make said point.

I missed two hours there, sorry, I couldn't get anybody to cover for me.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

No it does not. In the same way that Falkirk don't have a right to exist in the second tier, or Brechin or Berwick a right to exist in the fourth tier. 

The entire purpose of competitive league sport is to demonstrate your right to play at a respectable level by, erm, putting together a credible team and winning games. You're confusing it with some sort of ludicrous franchise competition - in which absolutely nobody is coming for Clyde's historic brand either. 

Perhaps spend more time reflecting on your predicament instead of trying to cast shade on the LL teams you might have to deign to play next season. Because if you go down, it won't just be one level you'll drop in our lifetime. 

Casting shade 😂😂😂

The Clyde board should face the following charges.

1. Extending Danny Lennons contract

2. allowing DL to recruit dross such as Peter grant Sula Ewan Cameron etc

3. Appointing Alan Moore as caretaker manager and not giving him a chance.

4. Appointing Jim Duffy as head coach and we now have to listen to the shite he talks on the phone in.

5. Appointing Brian McLean as manager who had no previous managerial experience.

6. The jury is out on Ian McCall and Alan maitland but it looks as if it’s following the same pattern.

Since the first five league games - from which Stranraer took eleven points, and Clyde just two - we have outscored them by a point, albeit they have three wins to our two (having recently beaten Peterhead at home, in addition to Elgin and Bonnyrigg like ourselves). It really is do or die next week, and our horrible away form combined with Stranraer's passable home form obviously factors heavily against us, but if they continue along the path they're on then they're firmly in the shit here too. No doubt they've had it tough this season with injuries which seem to have eased up of late, but if we can perform how we did today - and crucially take our chances - then a win next week isn't completely beyond us, and that could make things very interesting. Hopefully plenty of fans can get down for it - was looking at trains myself earlier on but the ongoing situation with Ayr station makes that method of travel a bit of a farce.

I really want to go next week as the trip earlier in the season was one of my wee man's favourite away trips(despite the last minute loss). But not sure how the transport is down to there just now? If its just the train change at Prestwick to Ayr then a train to Stranraer then we'll probably go. But if there's replacement busses at points it might make it too much of a pain. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Worm said:

This graphic from FifeSons is quite sobering 

IMG_3013.jpeg

Fair play to Elgin. Changed manager and made new signings and actually pushed on to make a difference on the park. Shame we’ve fallen at the last hurdle so far.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

8 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Since the first five league games - from which Stranraer took eleven points, and Clyde just two - we have outscored them by a point, albeit they have three wins to our two (having recently beaten Peterhead at home, in addition to Elgin and Bonnyrigg like ourselves). It really is do or die next week, and our horrible away form combined with Stranraer's passable home form obviously factors heavily against us, but if they continue along the path they're on then they're firmly in the shit here too. No doubt they've had it tough this season with injuries which seem to have eased up of late, but if we can perform how we did today - and crucially take our chances - then a win next week isn't completely beyond us, and that could make things very interesting. Hopefully plenty of fans can get down for it - was looking at trains myself earlier on but the ongoing situation with Ayr station makes that method of travel a bit of a farce.

The injuries haven't really eased up much.

Ben Armour, Grant Gallagher, Dean Hawkshaw, Chris Johnston were out yesterday. Sesn McIntosh on bench yesterday was his first time in squad for 2months.

We look better at the back after two new signings. However are struggling up front.

The Bully Wee still have time on their side but the main problem is as much as they have improved so have the other dross that they want to catch. Elgin and Forfar seem to be picking up a bit at the worst possible time for The Bully Wee.

It's difficult to go on a run in this league, apart from us obviously, where the teams are all much of a muchness. The Bully Wee need to put two or three together on the spin sometime soon but pretty much every team is scrapping for something and although player pool has drastically improved at Clyde it still looks a mid table team on paper, which might not be enough to get the desired results and up to 9th.

Some mixed thoughts about yesterday. Why was Parry dropped earlier in the season? 

The back 4 looked good. My only frustration was Dunachie. He rarely gets beaten but will win the ball and automatically launch it to the opposition. It would be good if he could occasionally try to pick out his own team mate. 

The midfield at times looked like they didn't know what to do with the ball and a bit slow with their decisions.

I also don't think Allan should be played up front by himself. Those Peterhead defenders needed to be pressurised more and one up front just isn't enough to do it.  I've read others mention Young. I'd personally stick Rennie up there with him. We need to start scoring more than once to kill the game, which could have happened yesterday if we'd taken chances. 

Thinking about the remaining fixtures gives me the fear. Going by last season you need close to 40 points to avoid bottom spot. Say this year it ends up being around the 30-35 mark. That means finding promotion type form and probably winning more games than we have from last season up until now. Lose or draw next week and its preparing for Brechin or EK.