Clyde Season 23/24

9 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Has Jimmy Choo been on to say we are getting relegated yet? Cause I for one won’t believe it until he says so….

Clearly someone needs a cuddle.

in my opinion we have turned the corner but so has Elgin Forfar and Stranraer and it’s our earlier form that will get us relegated.We will fight to the end but for me the board should hang their head in shame and they will slip away when the shit hits the fan and that day is coming soon as maths will come into play soon.

What I find hard to except is at 16:40 yesterday afternoon I'm looking at the league table thinking if all games finished with the scores the way they were we'd be 6 behind Stranraer. At 16:45 we find ourselves 8 behind facing the near impossible. 

Next week is a massive game. If Tuesday night away at Elgin wasn't a must win then next Saturday 100% is. If we can't beat them then it's curtains. I'd even like to say if we could go there and ideally put 3 or 4 past them it would help confidence immensely.

Having played football over the years, one of the most frustrating and hard things to except is conceding equalisers or winners with literally the last kick of the ball. Heads will be down after yesterday if they weren't already down after Tuesday. The players will be hurting knowing whatever they do they're getting beat by 1 goal. If you get hammered 5-0, aye its a beating but you move on. Going into over game and getting beat by 1 goal or needing 1 goal to win is a harder pill to swallow and that's more or less been the way since McCall has came in. 

1 hour ago, BonnieClyde said:

Thinking about the remaining fixtures gives me the fear. Going by last season you need close to 40 points to avoid bottom spot. Say this year it ends up being around the 30-35 mark. That means finding promotion type form and probably winning more games than we have from last season up until now. Lose or draw next week and its preparing for Brechin or EK.

Albion Rovers got relegated last season with something like 38 points - the league is far too competitive to try and claw this deficit back imo. Even at 1-0 yesterday, results elsewhere were going against us and that’s been the case for a number of weeks when we’ve either gotten a positive result or been on track to get one before we self destruct. 

We are now in a quite frankly ludicrous situation whereby we have given ourselves 14 games to potentially treble the current points total we’ve managed in 22 games. The people running this club should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. 

4 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Albion Rovers got relegated last season with something like 38 points - the league is far too competitive to try and claw this deficit back imo. Even at 1-0 yesterday, results elsewhere were going against us and that’s been the case for a number of weeks when we’ve either gotten a positive result or been on track to get one before we self destruct. 

We are now in a quite frankly ludicrous situation whereby we have given ourselves 14 games to potentially treble the current points total we’ve managed in 22 games. The people running this club should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. 

Great post and you make some great points. Needing to beat Stranraer is in my opinion a bridge to far but if by some miracle of chance we do take all 3 points it will drag them in. I personally think Stranraer will set up not to lose the game and it will finish a draw which in the grand scheme of things will relegate us.

27 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Absolutely correct and all the more galling given the fact we apparently have a multimillionaire benefactor putting a load of cash in at the moment. On that point, I seem to recall the board stating that the significant sums being donated would only continue providing progress was being made. Should we be relegated, I assume the mystery benefactor will be pulling the plug? 

28 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Great post and you make some great points. Needing to beat Stranraer is in my opinion a bridge to far but if by some miracle of chance we do take all 3 points it will drag them in. I personally think Stranraer will set up not to lose the game and it will finish a draw which in the grand scheme of things will relegate us.

Nice to see yer da' is moderating your posts now before allowing you to post. 

Next Saturday is massive, anything less than a win just won’t do. It might not relegate us mathematically but we desperately need some positive momentum to put pressure on the teams above.

We’ve still to play both Stranraer and Forfar home and away, all of which look pivotal.

The problem we have is we’ve only won 2 games all season so seeing a string of results to turn things around doesn’t seem likely. The other problem is we increasingly have no margin for error, whilst draws and the odd win are keeping the others ticking over we need to win almost every week. I want to keep believing we can get out of this but the evidence just isn’t supporting that.

The only slight bit of positivity is that the argument of only winning twice all season doesn’t necessarily apply fully to the majority of players who you would now consider our strongest XI. For example, from yesterday’s starters, only Parry, Cuddihy, Dunachie and Scullion started our first game of the season vs The Spartans and all of those four bar Dunachie have missed big chunks of this season. Our league form since the 1st January reads P5, W1, D3 and L1. Still not good enough, and particularly frustrating given we should probably have taken three more wins that would have things looking a whole lot better but it’s slightly harsh to say that we can’t still hit a bit of form given what we’ve seen so far since January. However, I’m under no illusions that it’s a massive task and failure to win next Saturday will have me accepting our fate in the play-offs.

Telling you what you already know, but to get chucked out of Broadwood was poor...you need to get a permanent home in Glasgow to start building your fan base as soon as you can. Why would I come and watch Clyde playing in Hamilton when I can go and watch Hamilton, better club playing in a higher league? 

Your board must be clueless the number of managers you have gone through, but you currently have a manager who will give it his best shot. I think the danger is you could run out of games and you need to get on a run very soon. Funnily enough if you get EK in the play off I think you could get past them, goalfest Brechin might be more difficult. If you went down I'm not so sure you would find it as difficult as the others have done (Albion Rovers, ES, Cowden and Berwick) - just a gut feeling.

1 hour ago, Diamonds Are Red said:

Telling you what you already know, but to get chucked out of Broadwood was poor...you need to get a permanent home in Glasgow to start building your fan base as soon as you can. Why would I come and watch Clyde playing in Hamilton when I can go and watch Hamilton, better club playing in a higher league? 

Your board must be clueless the number of managers you have gone through, but you currently have a manager who will give it his best shot. I think the danger is you could run out of games and you need to get on a run very soon. Funnily enough if you get EK in the play off I think you could get past them, goalfest Brechin might be more difficult. If you went down I'm not so sure you would find it as difficult as the others have done (Albion Rovers, ES, Cowden and Berwick) - just a gut feeling.

The main problem the club has is the chairman. He’s a slippery character and he seems to survive every bad decision he has made and it gets better 80% voted him back on as chairman. When you read all this none sense on this chat everyone is missing the common denominator. We are in this mess because of one man and if anyone disagrees please understand this Gordon Thomson has been in charge of us getting relegated into league 2 and he will oversee us getting relegated into the lowland league. He will probably announce we are building a stadium or something stupid like that.

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Fans of other teams come on this thread with decent input and get more grief for doing so than folk like Jimmy choo get for his repetitive keyboard bashing ramblings. 

I think that's because most people just have JC on mute now.

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Fans of other teams come on this thread with decent input and get more grief for doing so than folk like Jimmy choo get for his repetitive keyboard bashing ramblings. 

How many times does it have to be said, Jimmy Choo is NOT a Clyde supporter. He never had been. He's simply a troll.

Mute the bore.