Clyde Season 23/24

9 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Clyde should just fold if they go down.

The “club” is only a couple of years away from turning into a bunch of friends asking around for an 11-aside game.

Give up. You’re done.

This type of comment is so weird. Not even an attempt at humour. Tinged with melancholy from the author, like they know they don't have anything to add but feel the need to say something regardless to appear relevant. Must try harder, 1/10.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This type of comment is so weird. Not even an attempt at humour. Tinged with melancholy from the author, like they know they don't have anything to add but feel the need to say something regardless to appear relevant. Must try harder, 1/10.

It made me laugh 😆

13 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Clyde should just fold if they go down.

The “club” is only a couple of years away from turning into a bunch of friends asking around for an 11-aside game.

Give up. You’re done.

Someone’s given their 11 year old access to their p&b account.

On 12/02/2024 at 17:42, the bigger picture said:

You weren’t there, so you don’t know the facts. Guy should more passion than our esteemed chairman has done for the past 2 years. The camera of course will not have picked up the Stranraer fans attacking a wee lassies’s dad 5 mins into the game  or their vicious attack with weapons outside the ground, or their  team walking to the away end to gesture to the away support that they had ‘humped us etc’ or that they wanted to fight with half the Clyde team anytime they were tackled. In this world of click bait you should be careful who you vilify. 

Why did the man not declare to our support he was the father of a young child. 
I’m sure they would have then stepped back and let the intoxicated Clyde morons ( sorry to the genuine, football fans among you ) fling punches for free. 

8 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

I can't believe (you'd think I'd have learnt by now) that folk on the official Clyde forum. 1. Seriously want David Goodwillie back and 2. Actually think he would make a difference. Grim. 

I’d rather play Ebbo up too

On 12/02/2024 at 00:57, 420 said:

What an absolute semen stain you are to accuse us of bigotry. Whenever we employ ex-Celts (Sean Fallon, John Clark, Billy McNeil, Latchford, McCluskey, McGarvey to name but a few) we're accused of bias. Similarly, we employ some ex-Gers (John Brown, Graham Roberts, Albertz, Miller and McSwegan again, to name just some) and the same accusation gets levelled by tha same halfwits in different colours. So what if we put on a bit of an exhibition match to boost the coffers? 

A: It's an absolutely nauseating bigot fest that will rightly be punished with you being flushed out of the Scottish professional leagues, never to return - that's what. 

Must be quite a feeling knowing you’re the only person in the world still bothered by a few ex rangers players playing in a friendly for Clyde 15+ years ago. Can’t imagine having so little having happened in my life since, but each to their own. 

2006 Clyde fc beat Celtic in the Scottish cup. 2024  civil service strollers fc  v Clyde fc and their ground is a shithole but to be fair at least they have a home ground. The adventure that awaits us will be horrendous. Nothing will stop this shitshow of Clyde going south and god knows when it stops getting more and more embarrassing.

14 hours ago, same_ol_g35 said:

I can't believe (you'd think I'd have learnt by now) that folk on the official Clyde forum. 1. Seriously want David Goodwillie back and 2. Actually think he would make a difference. Grim. 

I don't think anyone really wants this - there's just an odd wee minority of folk that bring it up because they don't like the way he was essentially chased out of the club/football in general. I'm sure they don't actually think he'd make a difference now. It still sticks in their craw and gets brought up as some daft point-scoring exercise - 'See what happens when you give in to the snowflakes?! We get RELEGATED!' etc.

Either way, it's best not to pay attention. As a general rule if someone tries to bring up Goodwillie still being able to do a job, give them the JC treatment and mute them. Life is so much better when folk that just try and stir shit are ignored.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

34 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I don't think anyone really wants this - there's just an odd wee minority of folk that bring it up because they don't like the way he was essentially chased out of the club/football in general. I'm sure they don't actually think he'd make a difference now. It still sticks in their craw and gets brought up as some daft point-scoring exercise - 'See what happens when you give in to the snowflakes?! We get RELEGATED!' etc.

Either way, it's best not to pay attention. As a general rule if someone tries to bring up Goodwillie still being able to do a job, give them the JC treatment and mute them. Life is so much better when folk that just try and stir shit are ignored.

There definitely is a few wanting to get him on the phone going by the owners forum. 

There’s absolutely no doubt that ability wise Goodwillie would make a difference to the team.

But he should never be brought back to the club and I don’t think anyone with the authority to do so would ever consider signing him again.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Given that he is signed with a club, even in the unlikely event we tried to re-sign him, it would be utterly pointless as he couldn't play (or even be registered).  He would need to have been a free agent before the end of the January transfer window to be signed now.  

Edited by Glorious Purpose

48 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

If Clyde FC attempted to bring Goodwillie back, would you think Hamilton would rescind your tenency?

Let’s hope it’s not a risk anyone in authority thinks it’s worth taking. 

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

There’s absolutely no doubt that ability wise Goodwillie would make a difference to the team.

This isn't even remotely true. He's a month off of being 35 and hasn't played professional football in two years - absolutely mad to think that he could be dropped in to a relegation fight and make any sort of difference.

3 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

If Clyde FC attempted to bring Goodwillie back, would you think Hamilton would rescind your tenency?

If a tree falls in the woods, would you just take your boring patter back to the Thistle thread or do they just make fun of you there too?