Clyde Season 23/24

3 minutes ago, mo83 said:

500 maybe!😜

Aye perhaps. However, by this point our esteemed board, artificially sustained as Futurama heads, will have Clyde and what remains of the fanbase strategically groundsharing with an amateur team in the Cairngorms or something 😎

Clyde 1-0 Montrose. Case closed.

13 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Rumours through here are Colin McGowan and Ronnie McDonald may want to clamber aboard?

What's this about?

Ronnie was obviously heavily responsible for turning around the fortunes of Clyde and Accies at one time and I know it's maybe gone a bit stale for him at Accies but McGowan from everything I read is a crook and not to be trusted.

6 hours ago, Ghostoftommyring said:

Tin pot club. Fans are absolute bellends! Not to mention the underlying Nazi element amongst the support. Middle and Connor, you still got your blood and honour tattoos? Nazi scum. Good riddance! 

Maybe you shouldn't post when your drunk or just had a tiff with your boyfriend.

7 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Agreed, however Sula came on last night and was even worse!

Sad state of affairs indeed. 

We had zero pressure up front last night. Young did absolutely nothing when he was on and Rennie was just Rennie one average performance in 10. The result was that the midfield (which was also poor) had nothing to hit and if they did hit one of the “forwards” the ball came straight back and Forfar player was on them in a flash. I think a lot of the issues last night came from not have a single presence up front as a result the game just kept coming back on top of us in the middle of the park and we are just not good enough do do anything with the ball.
Ray Grant  was awful last night although not the worst. Thank God we have Hamilton or it would have been even more embarrassing than it turned.

Has to be said McCall till now has just not worked, well bankrolled personally and supported off the park which is even more worrying!

However, he sounds just as perplexed as the lack of desire. There are  loanees there really don’t care unfortunately . It’s the apathy which McCall is fighting against too. 

Lads. 

Teams like Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath and Berwick Rangers have not done too well since they went down to the Lowland league.

How hopeful can you be that Clyde will come back (once it's confirmed) will it take a couple of seasons?

3 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Lads. 

Teams like Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath and Berwick Rangers have not done too well since they went down to the Lowland league.

How hopeful can you be that Clyde will come back (once it's confirmed) will it take a couple of seasons?

Don’t know about anyone else, but my opinion is when you go into the lowland there’s only one direction you keep going. 

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Don’t know about anyone else, but my opinion is when you go into the lowland there’s only one direction you keep going. 

Or somehow use this demotion as a galvanising force to start again with a new mentality....a return to any ground in eastern Glasgow has to be the start...even if its haufies on a "junior" type ground ..you can't let Clyde die

Thomson will announce a new 500 seater ground somewhere in the east end after losing the play off will also say the play off brought in Extra revenue and somehow hail it as a success.  Gordon Thomson the Clyde fan from boyhood became Chairman and finished us off. What an epitaph.

10 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Lads. 

The whole club would need emptied from top to bottom to even stand a chance. A losing mentality right through that would only continue. We've already exited a cup competition this season to the side currently sitting 9th in that division and albeit our squad is near enough completely different now to then, they're hardly faring any better. We haven't won an away league game in nearly 2 years and going to places like Boness, Tranent and Linlithgow Rose don't make me any more confident.

Edited by CM.

Are serious questions not being asked about McCall?

Considering the level of player he has as it disposal just now every time its a must win game his team has lost.

Perhaps his time as a manager is up. 

Edited by realmadrid

Never bought on to the Thistle v Clyde rivalry ,always had a soft spot for Clyde and the old Shawfield Stadium but looks like the club is in a flaming tail spin right now .Hope you manage to pull it out the hat ,get back to Glasgow and survive in the Senior leagues .

40 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Still very raw nerve I see. 

Enjoy your club's slow excruciating death.

You're vastly overestimating the effect you have on us. We don't care about you. I'm wearing a kimono. Relaxed. You're literally on the Clyde forum frothing and button mashing. We are not the same.

Edited by Brian Carrigan