Clyde Season 23/24

Absolutely need new management in as soon as possible. Total shambles especially first half. Players out of position, unbelievable set up and continue to lose soft goals.
Another 3 points dropped against a bang average side. 

Must get someone in this week!

We’re in deep trouble if Elgin are to improve in any way.  That was shocking today, one of the worst performances I’ve seen us ever put in.  No fight or desire from any of them today, maybe Liam Scullion excluded.  Have we found out where the midfield have been hiding all season?

Good luck to whoever comes in, cos he’s going to need a fucking miracle to do anything with that rabble of useless fuckwits that call themselves footballers.

Who knows how many points we could be behind Elgin by Christmas, if we don’t get anything off of them, we won’t earn another point until we can change the squad. If this investment is ever going to happen, it needs to be soon. Fowler seems on the more expensive side to me, but to get anything off the current squad will be a struggle for anyone. 

Absolutely grim to be associated with Clyde at the moment. 

Decent post-match from Millar. Certainly more engaging than McLean was. Wouldn’t mind Millar staying on as part of the new management team. Would certainly have sympathy for him were he to be turfed out after about 6 weeks in the role but no doubt whoever comes in will have their own ideas.

7 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Feel like I’ve said this every season for about 12 years bar one or two seasons but it’s shite being a Clyde supporter.

Try being a Cowden Supporter since beating the pars in May 2014. 

Mon doon, it's fun.

No idea why we persist with Lyon at right back when Hynes is there, Lyon has shown umpteen times he isn’t up to it in that position.

Also, would it not have made more sense to drop Whyte into centre back and Carswell into midfield? 

We absolutely love playing folk out of position. 

38 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

No idea why we persist with Lyon at right back when Hynes is there, Lyon has shown umpteen times he isn’t up to it in that position.

Also, would it not have made more sense to drop Whyte into centre back and Carswell into midfield? 

Carswell is much better deployed as a CB these days, imo. But overall he just isn't upto this level anymore. No consistency and doesn't seem arsed most of the time. 

45 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Carswell is much better deployed as a CB these days, imo. But overall he just isn't upto this level anymore. No consistency and doesn't seem arsed most of the time. 

Our issue is that our managers both previously and interim seem to have a blind spot and only ever play Sula or Grant beside Dunnachie. Both of whom are either completely passed it in Grants case or just not good enough in Sula’s. They much rather play someone who we are all told is a good CH in Whyte out of position in midfield and in Carsewell’s case in any position but CH. 

For what it’s worth I actually quite  like Carswell, I think he is still a decent player at L2 level. 

Grant done absolutely fine in this league with us last season. A marked improvement in what we seen from Carswell outside of our first 7 or 8 matches last year.

Not going to lie, reading some of the comments on this thread about a lack of fight etc and all I can think is that I'm not surprised with players like Carswell and Forbes on the books. Duffy really has ruined you guys and it'll take some turnaround to see any kind of challenge at the right end of the table. Still early days though so plenty time for someone else to come in and get the guys pulling in the right direction at least 👍

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Watching the Scottish Cup game, I noticed that Lyon seemed incapable of running in a straight line without falling over. He looked like a toddler whose legs were going too fast for his wee brain. Says a lot that he was captain.