Clyde Season 23/24

I remember writing to Craig to ask why Clyde had sold the one and only Gerry McCabe to Clydebank. He wrote a kind letter in response, explaining that it was an offer the club could not refuse. Years later, he signed his autobiography for me just before heading for the World Cup in France. I suggested that he had erred by not taking a Clyde player; Crawford Baptie was my light-hearted suggestion. He said he would give it some thought. I will always believe that Baptie would have defended ‘that’ corner better than those selected in his place!

RIP Craig. Top manager and the nicest guy you could ever meet.

2 hours ago, Kempes said:

I remember writing to Craig to ask why Clyde had sold the one and only Gerry McCabe to Clydebank. He wrote a kind letter in response, explaining that it was an offer the club could not refuse. Years later, he signed his autobiography for me just before heading for the World Cup in France. I suggested that he had erred by not taking a Clyde player; Crawford Baptie was my light-hearted suggestion. He said he would give it some thought. I will always believe that Baptie would have defended ‘that’ corner better than those selected in his place!

RIP Craig. Top manager and the nicest guy you could ever meet.

Big Crawf must be over 60 now, and he would still take bodies at a corner. A living legend.

4 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

50CB2B67-E5D5-4AFA-9B8E-EA3E0A4D1472.thumb.jpeg.fddcb6c48ea7a73d3fc293ebe86f414f.jpeg

I’d imagine we’ll be kicking off at about 1pm. 

The crowd has to be in by 12 in order for them to sign the NDAs needed to stop the super secret trialists from being unveiled.

Just now, Brian Carrigan said:

Surely we won't be able to pry him away from his current gig in the 'Sunday Unity League'

We have allowed him to train with us for fitness (we done the same last season). He definitely wont be signing for us and I’m hearing the Duffster has been in contact. I believe he turned out in our friendly last night but I’ve nae idea how he played.

He ticks pretty much all of the boxes in the Jim Duffy signing bingo. 

29 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Cunningham scored an absolute peach last night only on for 20 mins looks quite decent 

If he’s fit and plays through the middle he could do a job and get double figures for the season. 

We couldn’t keep him fit and moved him out wide to accommodate Kyle Doherty, some laugh. 

With our record on signing strikers with a record of sexual offences - more on that elsewhere today - it certainly sounds like us!

In all seriousness, after all of the fallout from you know who, signing another player with that record can be added to this board’s list of major errors.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We have allowed him to train with us for fitness (we done the same last season). He definitely wont be signing for us and I’m hearing the Duffster has been in contact. I believe he turned out in our friendly last night but I’ve nae idea how he played.

He ticks pretty much all of the boxes in the Jim Duffy signing bingo. 

Genuinely outrageous. I cannot understand how constantly tone-deaf these dinosaurs continually prove themselves to be.

Also, he’s garbage! Not that it’s any type of justification, but you can’t even say “Oh well given his footballing ability…” etc. 

Have to feel a bit for McLean saying he wants a fit, committed and professional squad, only for the Duffster to bring in guys like Forbes and Lyon from his merry gang.

Surely this model only works if the DoF and Head Coach are actually thinking along the same lines?

To be fair, Duffy did get a tune out of Carlos Lyon. He had to personally go and pick him up and drive him to training and basically babysit him so if he's planning to do that again you might get something from him. All in though he has a horrible attitude, questionable personality and a shit name that he actually chose himself. 

3 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Cunningham scored an absolute peach last night only on for 20 mins looks quite decent 

Won’t last he is a coward, in real games you won’t even notice he is playing 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

He had to personally go and pick him up and drive him to training and basically babysit him so if he's planning to do that again you might get something from him.

The fact that Duffy feels like he has to turn to someone like this shows exactly how goosed we are for the coming season.

He’s scored 29 goals in 149 games. Absolutely mad that Duffy feels like with those stats and the metadata he’s worth a punt. Silly b*****d.