Clyde Season 23/24

On 12/03/2024 at 19:30, Right turn Clyde said:

Has no-one picked up that despite resigning as chair at season end....he is magnanimously staying on the Board to "advise and help the incoming Chair".......how lucky are we?

I appreciate that this resignation is official, but where was it announced? No sign of it on the club website? All very strange, but no surprise there.

11 minutes ago, Kempes said:

I appreciate that this resignation is official, but where was it announced? No sign of it on the club website? All very strange, but no surprise there.

Smoke and mirrors but if the club avoid relegation he will probably stay on as chairman. if we get relegated he resigns like a rat of a sinking ship but  if we survive he stays on to continue his reign of terror.  We are feked either way.

Absolutely buzzing to get another 3 points on board. I’m really hopeful of survival at this current time as I really do believe Bonnyrigg are doomed. I think the team is looking much, much improved compared to the start of the season. Jordan is scoring goals, Lee is a perfect captain at the back, he regularly gives 8/10 performances unlike “captain” Ross Lyon. I trust McCall to keep us up although I still just can’t work out why the LB Mcginn never starts as he hasn’t put a foot wrong when played. Hopefully the Liam Scullion outcome isn’t bad and we get a good result against Spartans. If we do complete the survival escape I think credit needs to go to AM, as he came in at a rough time and has changed things when needed.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Absolutely buzzing to get another 3 points on board. I’m really hopeful of survival at this current time as I really do believe Bonnyrigg are doomed. I think the team is looking much, much improved compared to the start of the season. Jordan is scoring goals, Lee is a perfect captain at the back, he regularly gives 8/10 performances unlike “captain” Ross Lyon. I trust McCall to keep us up although I still just can’t work out why the LB Mcginn never starts as he hasn’t put a foot wrong when played. Hopefully the Liam Scullion outcome isn’t bad and we get a good result against Spartans. If we do complete the survival escape I think credit needs to go to AM, as he came in at a rough time and has changed things when needed.

If we stay up, I think every Clyde fan who is able should donate £100 directly to Alan Maitland for his retirement fund - hopefully many years in the future mind! Absolute hero. 

On 16/03/2024 at 23:41, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Wasn't there so this is based only on reports and you tube...if Bonnyrigg are doomed and we are moving towards safe; how come.we strugged so badly on Saturday againt a team in freefall?

I get the momentum bit, but i just dont feel too convinced.  I'm not sure how many points we'll get against Spartans, Stenny and Dumbarton.  That then leaves E F, Stranraer and Elgin

45 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

how come.we strugged so badly on Saturday againt a team in freefall?

I don't think we did struggle. That Bonnyrigg park is like a minefield and the ground is on a slope that's extremely difficult to navigate. The game descended into a battle at times because BR are for the most part hammer throwers. Coming away from there with three points is an absolutely superb result.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

We won at a ground/pitch that the undefeated and runaway league one leaders were unable to navigate in the Scottish Cup not too long ago.  That in itself isn't enough to start planning for life next season in League Two but it did answer the long held question as to whether this squad could win a match that required less technical ability and more dig/fight to see it done.  It will likely be required again before May.    

Edited by Glorious Purpose

Some folk really are never happy! The only teams to have beaten Bonnyrigg by more than a single goal, in what's been a stinking 2024 for them, are Aberdeen and East Fife. We've won more points in our last four than they have in their last twelve (ten for Stranraer), and have most of a quarter to make up three points on either side. There's absolutely no room for complacency and it's so finely poised that one-off freak results, injuries or suspensions could derail things, but we've got a tremendous opportunity now that we didn't remotely look to have after the loss at Stair Park last month.

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Wasn't there so this is based only on reports and you tube...if Bonnyrigg are doomed and we are moving towards safe; how come.we strugged so badly on Saturday againt a team in freefall?

I get the momentum bit, but i just dont feel too convinced.  I'm not sure how many points we'll get against Spartans, Stenny and Dumbarton.  That then leaves E F, Stranraer and Elgin

If the previous quarter of fixtures is anything to go by, 7 out of 9.

I do understand where you're coming from, most of our wins haven't been vintage displays and I still get worried when we go 1-0 up. The team has played themselves right back into contention after looking dead and buried though and has earned the belief being shown in them.

3 hours ago, Glorious Purpose said:

We won at a ground/pitch that the undefeated and runaway league one leaders were unable to navigate in the Scottish Cup not too long ago.  That in itself isn't enough to start planning for life next season in League Two but it did answer the long held question as to whether this squad could win a match that required less technical ability and more dig/fight to see it done.  It will likely be required again before May.    

Playing at NDP is just a battle. If you can battle and have at least a tiny bit of quality, you'll likely sneak a win by virtue of having at least a tiny bit more quality than Bonnyrigg.

4 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I don't think we did struggle. That Bonnyrigg park is like a minefield and the ground is on a slope that's extremely difficult to navigate. The game descended into a battle at times because BR are for the most part hammer throwers. Coming away from there with three points is an absolutely superb result.

I say this and I get cried at btw 🤣

On 19/03/2024 at 19:52, Brian Carrigan said:

Nah you talk absolute shite and get laughed at normally wee man

On 20/03/2024 at 23:45, Brian Carrigan said:

Ok boomer

Absolute state of you btw. Can guarantee you're one of the wee gobby shites who bursts into tears every time you get a bit back. Fanny

6 hours ago, Wee man the jackass said:

Absolute state of you btw. Can guarantee you're one of the wee gobby shites who bursts into tears every time you get a bit back. Fanny

You're a complete bell end. Thought Jimmy Choo took the biscuit but you're the worst Clyde fan on here.