Clyde Season 23/24

18 minutes ago, Wee man the jackass said:

I am pleased to today confirm that the mission has been a complete success.

This is, in no uncertain terms, the most pathetic waste of precious time on earth I’ve ever encountered in my life. What an absolute turnip.

2 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Anyway, is anyone aware of the contract situation for next season? Hamilton and Leitch I know are signed up, but who else?

What about the coaching staff?

Dunachie and Peter Grant are, Josh McCulloch as well I think.

10 minutes ago, David W said:

Dunachie and Peter Grant are, Josh McCulloch as well I think.

I’ve said this before, but if Peter Grant staying at the club as a pal for his wee brother means Ray Grant extends his stay, then I’m all for it!

46 minutes ago, Wee man the jackass said:

Some 7 months ago I watched on in despair as I saw my wonderful club in turmoil. I was deeply disturbed by League Two’s finest supporters turning against one and other. It was clear for all to see that Clyde had lost a sense of unity. The division was visible, the air we shared toxic. But it was not the time for panic, anger or blame. It was the time for action.

On a pathway to doom, I knew that I had to step in and bring unity to this fantastic football club.

On August 18th 2023, it thereby became my job to carefully craft the kind of universally-hated roaster that could bring The Bully Wee together once more - a figure to focus minds and to get people on the same side. Jimmy Choo on steroids. With that, wee man the jackass was born; a smarmy, pompous, arrogant and abrasive figure who would waste no time in showing himself to be a repugnant individual. 

Having quickly gained credibility by landing a scoop on the impending arrival of Ian McCall, wee man settled in and showed he was a quick learner, soon developing to use punctuation and capitals, and even finding his now trademark thumbs up emoji :thumsup2 Of course, he couldn’t resist but indulge in a bit of low-quality Stenny and Cowden baiting here and there, but old habits die hard.

I am pleased to today confirm that the mission has been a complete success. Over an insufferable six months, wee man’s presence has undeniably brought with it a total shift in fortunes for The Bully Wee, as well as an end to the petty arguments which plagued the club earlier in the season. By the season’s end, all could agree that with Maitland and McCall the Clyde would ball, and that with wee man the jackass on mute, Stranraer would get the boot.

But now, with my work done, I must bid thee all farewell from the beaches of sunny Greece and slip away into the night. It has been my pleasure to safeguard the future of Clyde FC. Know that if needed, I will always find new ways to protect the club again - and shield it from the fate of jobbing non-entities like Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Cowdenbeath, East Stirlingshire and soon, Stranraer. Today, I am raising a Clyde coloured beverage to The Bully Wee.

I do however want to leave my fellow supporters with one final parting gift. As a man close to the club I have my sources, demonstrated perfectly when I got the big McCall right. I am thereby pleased to confirm that Clyde have moved to bolster their forward ranks with the pre-contract signature of former hitman, Craig O’Reilly. I am sure we can all agree that this is a magnificent move, and all look forward to seeing big Craig in a Clyde top once again next year.

Love you always,
Wee man the jackass x

PXL_20240505_095827247~2.jpg

Ebbo don't go, we love you!

I would be offering whatever money we have to keep Liam Scullion, and I know it is a long shot, but get JA signed up.  He left for FT football but he’s not getting it at Falkirk, maybe, just maybe he would like a stab at a promotion challenge?

I’d also do all I could to get Hamilton adding another year to his contract.

If we have the money from the backer then use it ASAP.  I fully trust AM to look for the players we need, and to keep the ones we want too.

That was absolutely tremendous yesterday. On top of the performance and survival, got the wee one along for her first game with her great grandad. Proud moment for me as Clyde enters the fourth generation in the family.

On to next season, first order of business should be ensuring McCall is here or, if not, bringing in a suitable replacement. Would like him to stay though.

I think one of the board's less crazy decisions last summer was trying to keep a core of a squad for continuity to then build around. We just lost most of our best players whereas Peterhead, who came down in worse shape than us, did a good job keeping hold of their better players.

With that in mind, the only players I wouldn't offer a new contract to would be Neil Parry, Peter Grant*, Josh McCulloch*, Euan Cameron and Conor Scullion. Just assuming all the loan players are away for good too. Would be great to somehow get Allan back though. I think Ballantyne has come in for some criticism in his time too but when I've seen us get the ball down and pass it rather than shelling it long the first chance we get, I think he's looked a good player.

The rest of that squad can all contribute to success to varying degrees. It's important we build the remainder of the squad with real quality though, something we've failed to do since at least our first season back in League One.

*Believe these two are contracted for next season anyway.

17 minutes ago, Davy the Dug said:

I would be offering whatever money we have to keep Liam Scullion, and I know it is a long shot, but get JA signed up.

Agreed on both. I’d be going all out to get those two.

Potentially Brian Kinnear too, although given his background he may want to return to full time football. I’d argue a season being first choice for a team chasing promotion is better than a season warming the QOTS or Hamilton bench though.

I’d be trying to keep Howie and Ray Grant too.

Youd like to think we have irons in the fire and will have bodies brought in rapid for next season.

Posted (edited)

I think Ross Lyon has improved massively recently. He's versitile and can play either side of full back. I'd personally keep him. Even at a squad player.

Already here : Hamilton, Leitch, P. Grant, Dunachie, Mcculloch.

Keep (If Possible) Kinnear, Lyon, Howie, Cuddihy, L.Scullion, R.Grant, Ballantyne, Kabia, Rennie & Allan.

Release: Parry, Kennedy, Sula, Cameron, Hynes, C.Scullion, Young ( I would hope to add Peter Grant and Mcculloch to this list if we can shift them)

Also with the termination of Leslie, King, Ballantyne and Mcginns loan. I think that Ballantyne would be good for league 2, I know some games he hasn't looked like much but I think he would benefit from a fresh start. I would also ask Hamilton if we could get Mcginn again for the full season.

Edited by MonTheClyde_MonTheBullyWee

22 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

Can we please get rid of Ross Lyon this summer too?

Lyon has been brilliant since the turn of year (Bonnyrigg at home aside). He’s played as much of a part in us pulling this off as anyone else. 

13 hours ago, 420 said:

Not a popular opinion, I know, but I can't stand Stranraer and never could and would have hoped whoever they got in the play-off would pump them and relegate them and I'm not going to change my mind cause it's EK.  Can't stand Stranraer fans or their ground and don't have any sympathy for their 4th-oldest-club-in-Scotland status : they've done naff all in their entire history.

EK are pissing people off because (a) money has been pumped into them and (b) their management team are twats.  Is that it?

Lots of auld Clyde fans shunted out of Glasgow in the '60's ended their days there and some if their offspring followed the Clyde. Met many people over the years from EK who had a soft spot for Clyde and only ever wished us well. At least if they do come up it might put to bed (once and for all) the chance of us ever relocating to EK and changing our name.

These are the kind of Imbeciles that give decent Clyde supporters a bad name ,most clubs have a few,They are as thick as Pig Shit, And should be rooted out and told to F off

7 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Lyon has been brilliant since the turn of year (Bonnyrigg at home aside).

I agree, but the time has come to cut the cord. Keeping him about does nothing to improve us. Unfortunately I think the same can be said for Barry Cuddihy. I wouldn’t be averse to keeping them solely as squad players but they’re not going to want to hang about purely to sit on the bench.

More than happy to be proven wrong, but I think to improve we probably need to look beyond players we already have that aren’t “obvious” keepers.

Sorry but Ross Lyon has had plenty of chances and there are just better players out there. 

Would be trying to keep Kinnear if we can, he’s been a big upgrade on what we had. 

Would imagine mcculloch won’t be here, and neither will that fraud Euan Cameron. 

Keep

Kinnear
Hamilton
Dunachie
Howie
Leitch
Cuddihy
Liam scullion 
Ray grant
Kabia
Rennie

Would maybe keep Connor young

Release

Parry
Lyon
Peter grant
Josh mcculloch 
Sula
Hynes
Conor scullion

Get the furthest thing to f**k

Euan Cameron

41 minutes ago, MonTheClyde_MonTheBullyWee said:

Keep (If Possible) Kinnear, Lyon, Howie, Cuddihy, L.Scullion, R.Grant, Ballantyne, Kabia, Rennie & Allan.

No way would I keep Lyon

Cuddihy is too injury prone

Ballantyne is mostly anonymous

Kabia, sorry I don't see it 

Rennie has too many poor matches. 

All five, I think we can sign better for next season

Ballantyne will be back to st Johnstone anyway, Rennie scored 14 this year which is a decent return and with better players could get the same or more. 

Kabia has shown in flashes the quality he has, but would be worth keeping but also needs to show he can stay fit.