Clyde Season 23/24

12 hours ago, Clyde85 said:

McCalls front runner for the queens job apparently in the daily record this morning 😫

The same Daily Record that reported that the wee chicken chap at EK was about to be unvailed as Clyde manager about 6 months ago?

I'm no expert but I'm sure Clyde would be a tempting vacancy for any aspirating manager looking to enhance their CV.

Were currently second bottom of League Two. The only way is up.

Posted (edited)

I would hope that already the decision on McCall staying has been reached and by that I mean I hope the budget to build a squad to win the league next year will have been set and his work starts immediately on his return from honeymoon. Some of the current squad are just that, squad players. New faces are required on 2 year deals to see us out of League 2 and challenging for promotion out of League 1 the following season. This season to season player recruitment has to stop and we need players to buy into the journey. After all, do we not have a benefactor providing money "the likes of which we have not seen before"?

This should allow for further ahead forward planning and I think this is what McCall will buy into, if his words in the PM interview in Elgin are any sort of measuring stick.

He basically said the Club is a mess, changes required all over the place....from Board to training and lots in between I should imagine. If he "shakes hands and leaves" I think questions will need to asked and quickly, as to why he left. Of course, if he does leave, the Club will spin the story to make them look blameless.....but already, if any of you have seen comms on the owners forum...the board seem a little rattled at the questioning of the Benefactor. Two directors engaging with owners who have had the cheek to question the benefactor and the sums of money involved and the fact he still requests anonymity.

We are instructed to be respectful and polite when referring to the benefactor, we are chastised and warned about conspiracy theories and threatened with posts being removed and even with being banned from the forum, or worse, refused being an owner, (how democratic is that?) just because as owners/fans we wish to discuss our thoughts on the situation at the Club and they don't align with the Board.

Fans owned Club? Utter tosh!

Wishing Allan Maitland all the very best.....I think he's got a tough time ahead if the Board as it is now,  the Board which took us into this fight for survival with ludicrous decisions over the past few years, does not self analyse and have the decency to realise they have systematically failed in their duties, and resign en masse.

An interesting summer ahead methinks.

Edited by Right turn Clyde
grammar

7 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I'm no expert but I'm sure Clyde would be a tempting vacancy for any aspirating manager looking to enhance their CV.

Were currently second bottom of League Two. The only way is up.

Let's hope they are more aspiring than aspirating

23 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Hopefully the fact that he got sacked after playing an ineligible Jamie Adams in the cup and copping a huge fine combined with his woeful record there goes against him and he stays.

Plus, surely if you've escaped the borders twice you'd have really learned your lesson and won't want to go back.

Hahaha, aye fingers crossed!

On 07/05/2024 at 09:32, Right turn Clyde said:

You're forgetting we now have a proper football man as Chairman.

Not at all. What I'm saying is Maitland needs to make sure we know who the manager is for next season, ASAP. I have faith in his abilities to do that but I was just stating the implications of him failing to do so.

3 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

I would hope that already the decision on McCall staying has been reached and by that I mean I hope the budget to build a squad to win the league next year will have been set and his work starts immediately on his return from honeymoon. Some of the current squad are just that, squad players. New faces are required on 2 year deals to see us out of League 2 and challenging for promotion out of League 1 the following season. This season to season player recruitment has to stop and we need players to buy into the journey. After all, do we not have a benefactor providing money "the likes of which we have not seen before"?

This should allow for further ahead forward planning and I think this is what McCall will buy into, if his words in the PM interview in Elgin are any sort of measuring stick.

He basically said the Club is a mess, changes required all over the place....from Board to training and lots in between I should imagine. If he "shakes hands and leaves" I think questions will need to asked and quickly, as to why he left. Of course, if he does leave, the Club will spin the story to make them look blameless.....but already, if any of you have seen comms on the owners forum...the board seem a little rattled at the questioning of the Benefactor. Two directors engaging with owners who have had the cheek to question the benefactor and the sums of money involved and the fact he still requests anonymity.

We are instructed to be respectful and polite when referring to the benefactor, we are chastised and warned about conspiracy theories and threatened with posts being removed and even with being banned from the forum, or worse, refused being an owner, (how democratic is that?) just because as owners/fans we wish to discuss our thoughts on the situation at the Club and they don't align with the Board.

Fans owned Club? Utter tosh!

Wishing Allan Maitland all the very best.....I think he's got a tough time ahead if the Board as it is now,  the Board which took us into this fight for survival with ludicrous decisions over the past few years, does not self analyse and have the decency to realise they have systematically failed in their duties, and resign en masse.

An interesting summer ahead methinks.

Was there not a shitstorm that occurred re: Roberts and miller and money going missing? Maybe the person wants to remain anonymous so they can concentrate on getting the club back to where they want rather than dealing with the crap.

I reckon there is something going on in the background, I even look at that lottery and how 4 numbers haven’t been selected for that £20k jackpot. Sitting in a wee shares account accumulating those dividends perhaps…

so aye, I’m intrigued with the financial setup just as much as anyone but as long as it helps Clyde get back up, I don’t care who it is that’s doing it. Hopefully a massive thank you somehow gets to them if they get us up the leagues!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Sounds like Ewan Cameron is away judging by his tweet.

That's good.

However, I do feel bad for him and a lot of the other lads that were signed but clearly not good enough like Dylan Duncan, Fraser Malcolm, Nathan Hendji, Cameron Mulvanny etc. These boys weren't the real issue over the past few seasons and it was almost like they were thrown into the fire to prove some kind of shite point. He would get dug out for not trying but his head must have been gone. He's been played all over the place too - centre midfield, striker, 10, winger. A couple of seasons playing consistently in one position at a lower level will probably see him improve. Good luck to him.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

Posted (edited)

Parry, Conor scullion, Young and Sula also released.

Peter Grant and Josh McCulloch free to find new clubs despite still being contracted.

It’s refreshing to see business being conducted early in the summer months for a change!

Hopefully we get new signings agreed and announced nice and early, too.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Parry, Conor scullion, Young and Sula also released.

Peter Grant and Josh McCulloch free to find new clubs despite still being contracted.

It’s refreshing to see business being conducted early in the summer months for a change!

Hopefully we get new signings agreed and announced nice and early, too.

Only Clyde would sign players because their brother was already playing.  We wouldn't even do that in a 10 - 21er!  

Sula could be a player, if he could eliminate the numerous mistakes he made and young Conner has something about him.  

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC

23 minutes ago, BWAClyde said:

Suprised Hynes has been offered a deal given he hasn't really done anything since signing.

Having a quick glance of matches mainly towards the tail end of the season he seemed to appear off the bench in the latter stages of just about every game we were winning to help see it out. Perhaps McCall/Maitland see a role like that for him going forward and if the player is happy with that and not on a lot of money then I suppose it makes more sense in that regard.

37 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Just tell us now whether it's McCall or Maitland making these decisions...

I was wondering about this too. Got to imagine they've been working together to come to these decisions with the vague idea that McCall will be staying.