Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

1 hour ago, WattersIsGod said:

I really feel like the club have failed to capitalise on the success. Winning a league is  about a once a decade event and should be taken advantage of.

Couldn’t agree more, a lot of genuine fans were asking if Champions merch was being ordered back in……we’ve heard nothing.

The League 2 trophy is being passed around businesses and youth teams like a used scud mag (nothing wrong with that, all for it) but fans that couldn’t make the Sunday….will we have an opportunity??

Just feel flat after the huge success last season and the total lack of info takes the wind out of the sails a little.

Yeah the club have done a great job taking the league trophy on a tour of Stirling businesses and community groups, big credit for that. Seen loads of photos of kids groups with the trophy.

However it does seem a little bit of a missed opportunity with no fixtures, prices, merch or match info to go with it. 

Every single one of those 1000+ people (mostly kids) that have held the trophy in the last 6 weeks should be going home with a flyer that has details of upcoming season, club shop merch, discount code for shop/match tickets, how much matches cost blah blah.

Wee Jimmy comes home from his football training;

Jimmy: Look mum and dad, stirling albion came to our class today and we got to hold the trophy, it was so cool.

Jimmy's Maw: That would be a good thing for him to do on a weekend, maybe take him to a couple of games in new season?

Jimmy's Da: Just been on the website, no information about when season starts, any fixtures, prices or anything really.

Jimmy's Maw: Maybe will check it out in a few weeks, see if it's been updated.

Out of sight, out of mind, they never ever go back to the website and forget about it all. Especially with kids, gotta strike while the iron is hot. They will move on very quickly. 

Just frustrating as there is clearly some really good work going on behind the scenes, but every day that goes by, it feels like we are losing more and more opportunity to capitalise. 

Some information from the club regarding next season

- Away fans will be housed in the east stand for the first half of the season

- Young team will be based at Monument end of home stand

- season ticket renewal emails to be sent in next couple of days

- new season tickets will be able to be purchase from w/c 3rd July

season tickets will have to be scanned at turnstiles for entry either through your phone or the physical card

Pay at the gate prices

Adult - £18 (season ticket £245)

65 and over - £13 (season ticket £150)

Disabled - £13 &carer goes free (season ticket £150)

Student & under 18s - £8 (season ticket £80)

Under 12's with paying adult - FREE

I'm glad the club have now come out with the prices and the info. I've already got the money for mine set aside but it's handy to know so I can use money elsewhere. 

Well done to the board, I think the prices are good when you consider what other clubs are charging. A quick google search showed that Annan's were just slightly cheaper (£225) Falkirk were way higher, and Montose and Alloa were just slightly more expensive, so no complaints from me.

It always make me happy to see the club stick with the 12's and under go free policy, well done!

46 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I'm glad the club have now come out with the prices and the info. I've already got the money for mine set aside but it's handy to know so I can use money elsewhere. 

Well done to the board, I think the prices are good when you consider what other clubs are charging. A quick google search showed that Annan's were just slightly cheaper (£225) Falkirk were way higher, and Montose and Alloa were just slightly more expensive, so no complaints from me.

It always make me happy to see the club stick with the 12's and under go free policy, well done!

Easy there tiger, £252 for an early bird adult season ticket at us for the Kevin Mcallister stand. So just the £7 more expensive than your lot.

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Easy there tiger, £252 for an early bird adult season ticket at us for the Kevin Mcallister stand. So just the £7 more expensive than your lot.

I wouldn't worry too much. Alloa's is also less than Stirling's season tickets. Numbers might not be his strong suit.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I would always expect prices for a full time club, to reflect the requirement for more revenue relative to a part time outfit. That hardly seems excessive and I take your point.

4 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I wouldn't worry too much. Alloa's is also less than Stirling's season tickets. Numbers might not be his strong suit.

Alloa's ground must be the only one in Scotland to have had several hundred thousand pounds of redevelopment work done to it the last decade or so and its even fucking worse than it was before. 

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Alloa's ground must be the only one in Scotland to have had several hundred thousand pounds of redevelopment work done to it the last decade or so and its even fucking worse than it was before. 

Just wait til you see what you can do with a few million then at Meadowbank 🤣 You're in for a treat.

6 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Ok, made a mistake with Alloa some how, these things happen but according to their own website, a Main Stand Falkirk Season Ticket is £296 or £356 so “way higher” 

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Just wait til you see what you can do with a few million then at Meadowbank 🤣 You're in for a treat.

Oh I've seen some of the pictures of it and feedback on social media, looks utterly horrendous. 

Staggering that someone drew up those plans and thought that was a great design for football (I understand it is principally an athletics arena) and equally Staggering people from Edinburgh saw fit to roll with that as their new home, given Ainslee Park has a 4g surface surely they would have been better off groundsharing long term with Spartans. 

I was 'fortunate' enough to watch a few games at the old Meadowbank stadium before they became Livingston and fucked off to West Lothian and, horrendous as it was, at least the height of the huge stand gave you a reasonable view of the pitch despite the distance, this new version is even more abysmal than that.

Edited by Flybhoy

On 23/06/2023 at 00:04, Flybhoy said:

Oh I've seen some of the pictures of it and feedback on social media, looks utterly horrendous. 

Staggering that someone drew up those plans and thought that was a great design for football (I understand it is principally an athletics arena) 

At one early meeting between Edinburgh Leisure and the Football Club it was unveiled by the Council planners that they were going to have shot putt, discus and javelin in the main arena and these were going to land on the 4G in the middle.

I believe one of the then City directors responses was "are you f*cking mad?"