Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

I see our young 18 yr old goalie Craig White has gone on to sign for Rutherglen Glencairn Fc on pre contract agreement..... spotted it on Rutherglens website 

Good luck young man 👍

Pre season training must be so flat at the moment...no squad...how can you prepare for the upcoming season in this position 

There is an update that we are advertising for a new club doctor.  I  advise them to at least try pro actively contacting Dr Behr at the Allan Park surgery.  An Albion supporter who has been our club doctor before.  He may take some persuasion if willing to do it again at all, but this is an urgent position to fill.  

Please do not rely on advertising alone, time is short and doctors will not be falling over themselves to give up their Saturday afternoons to sit in a dugout, even for home games.  We will have to persuade a doctor. It is not the other way round.  

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

There is an update that we are advertising for a new club doctor.  I  advise them to at least try pro actively contacting Dr Behr at the Allan Park surgery.  An Albion supporter who has been our club doctor before.  He may take some persuasion if willing to do it again at all, but this is an urgent position to fill.  

Please do not rely on advertising alone, time is short and doctors will not be falling over themselves to give up their Saturday afternoons to sit in a dugout, even for home games.  We will have to persuade a doctor. It is not the other way round.  

WC,   That's the Park Avenue practice, now based in the Community hospital if he would be interested.

Edited by AlbionMan

33 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

WC,   That's the Park Avenue practice, now based in the Community hospital if he would be interested.

I appreciate the correction, thank you.  Come to think of it, the one known as the Allan Park surgery must be the one on the other side of the road.  I don't know if Dr Behr would be interested again, but it's somewhere to start pro active inquiries.

2 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

Full back  Ross McGeachie signs on for another season.It will be his 14th season with the Binos.

Best news of the summer yet.

I'd have been so disappointed if he'd left.

11 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

Full back  Ross McGeachie signs on for another season.It will be his 14th season with the Binos.

Just read the news on Facebook and came on here to post that I am delighted with the news and slightly relieved if I'm being honest. I don't think Geeks stands on testament, I genuinely believe there's a good player there that still offers a lot at this level and is a good addition to the squad, on and off the field. 

33 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Just read the news on Facebook and came on here to post that I am delighted with the news and slightly relieved if I'm being honest. I don't think Geeks stands on testament, I genuinely believe there's a good player there that still offers a lot at this level and is a good addition to the squad, on and off the field. 

@BB_Bino he will be vital doing a job on & off the park this season..helping to gel a whole new sqaud literally...

Something i thought the club would have offered to Pab's would have been a player/coach role 🤔 i mean it's a tragedy that we didn’t retain him & he's moved to proposed role at Cowdenbeath...no disrespect but Cowdenbeath is a dire place to visit & even worse to play on, sharing it with the stock cars & gravel 🙈 

So retaining Geach was a little bit of good news for us....although I'm still worried going forward into this season 

15 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

@BB_Bino he will be vital doing a job on & off the park this season..helping to gel a whole new sqaud literally...

Something i thought the club would have offered to Pab's would have been a player/coach role 🤔 i mean it's a tragedy that we didn’t retain him & he's moved to proposed role at Cowdenbeath...no disrespect but Cowdenbeath is a dire place to visit & even worse to play on, sharing it with the stock cars & gravel 🙈 

So retaining Geach was a little bit of good news for us....although I'm still worried going forward into this season 

Delighted to see Ross stay on, Pabs offski does seem off though.  If they could transfer shuffle goalkeepers with no manager, you'd have thought they could have offered something there.  With Jo Jo too. Another one who didn't even get an acknowledgement he was gone, or a public thank you for his service.  Who knows?  Maybe they did and were politely refused?

Anybody not worried about all the vacant dressing room pegs would need to be on Valium mate.  

On 17/06/2024 at 10:19, Beepee67 said:

I see our young 18 yr old goalie Craig White has gone on to sirgn for Rutherglen Glencairn Fc on pre contract agreement..... spotted it on Rutherglens website 

Good luck young man 👍

Pre season training must be so flat at the moment...no squad...how can you prepare for the upcoming season in this position 

Goalkeeper Chris White has signed for the Glens. And disappointing to hear Goalkeeping Coach Kevin Budinauckas has left 

the Club 

3 hours ago, coach said:

Goalkeeper Chris White has signed for the Glens. And disappointing to hear Goalkeeping Coach Kevin Budinauckas has left 

the Club 

Bud has served the club long and well, that's very sad to hear.

Delighted to see a new signing join, and one with a good grounding in the game. The rebuild has now started and although I don't know anything about Sam Denham as a player, he's obviously a player that Maybury knows well and someone that the East Fife fans on here talk highly of, so it would appear to be a positive signing. Having experience of a torn acl myself, I have first hand experience of how life has been for the lad and I really feel for him and hope he's over it. There's sure to be some mental hangups with it, especially when that first hard tackle comes in or awkward fall from a ball in the air happens, but I hope he can get his career back on track and does well for the club.

As for Chris White leaving, just seems to be another young lad who has failed to make the step up and has left to better his career, like many before him. Like all the young lads that leave the club, I wish him well and hope he can build himself up to have a decent career in the game, in the lower leagues at least. I suspect Callum Law has also gone, so we have no young Goalkeepers at the club, who have been in or aroudn the First Team??

Haven't read anywhere that Bud has left the club, but it wouldn't come as a huge surprise to find out that this has happened. The last member of the backroom staff standing, and another that publicly supported Stuart Brown a few seasons ago. Sad news if true, I've had various conversation with players who rate him highly as a coach and obviously he was a big character around the club, who did a lot to raise the spirits of the supporters and our young fans. Maybury might just want his own Coaching Team and that's fine, but no doubt that Bud will be a loss to the club and I hope he can find another gig somewhere soon.....or maybe he can now take that backseat and enjoy watching his own sons play on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Delighted to see a new signing join, and one with a good grounding in the game. The rebuild has now started and although I don't know anything about Sam Denham as a player, he's obviously a player that Maybury knows well and someone that the East Fife fans on here talk highly of, so it would appear to be a positive signing. Having experience of a torn acl myself, I have first hand experience of how life has been for the lad and I really feel for him and hope he's over it. There's sure to be some mental hangups with it, especially when that first hard tackle comes in or awkward fall from a ball in the air happens, but I hope he can get his career back on track and does well for the club.

As for Chris White leaving, just seems to be another young lad who has failed to make the step up and has left to better his career, like many before him. Like all the young lads that leave the club, I wish him well and hope he can build himself up to have a decent career in the game, in the lower leagues at least. I suspect Callum Law has also gone, so we have no young Goalkeepers at the club, who have been in or aroudn the First Team??

Haven't read anywhere that Bud has left the club, but it wouldn't come as a huge surprise to find out that this has happened. The last member of the backroom staff standing, and another that publicly supported Stuart Brown a few seasons ago. Sad news if true, I've had various conversation with players who rate him highly as a coach and obviously he was a big character around the club, who did a lot to raise the spirits of the supporters and our young fans. Maybury might just want his own Coaching Team and that's fine, but no doubt that Bud will be a loss to the club and I hope he can find another gig somewhere soon.....or maybe he can now take that backseat and enjoy watching his own sons play on a Saturday.

Agreed if true about Bud....was/is very passionate about the club & the player's.... they all related to him & had a good rapport with the fans also....always willing to have a word with you,, especially at away games he made sure he could speak to when he could at warm up time & thanked you for travelling....a genuinely nice guy... as mentioned last of the backroom staff & again if true i wish him all the best in the future 👏👏 🇵🇪 🏆

4 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

We planning on selling season tickets at any point or nah?

Don't think it will be a mad rush to purchase them 😒 

Last season you picked up your old school plastic credit style card on the opening day 😳

pleased with the Sam Denham signing. 

pretty sure it was July before season tickets actually went on sale last year.

might be wise to wait until we're actually in a position to put an XI out before they put them on sale...........

Looks like the rumours were true, no idea how he managed to get that move after his displays for us, but fair play to the lad. Definitely a decent lower league player, but SPL……can’t see it.

IMG_2571.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

A second centre half signs on - Harley Ewen. Just a young kid, was released by Rangers B and spent last last two seasons (one on loan) at Cumbernauld winning player of the year awards.

Yeah seen that...only 19 still a bit raw...hopefully he settles quickly...thats 3 defender's we have now....Geach to look after them