Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

11 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Gavin Price will be our new manager. 

You heard it here first. 

Have you no faith in the selection panel?

I hope the chairman will be there in person for the interviews, not on Zoom.

34 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Derek Gaston in to fill the goalkeeping vacancy then. Seems to be a good arrival with his pedigree at a higher level.

I wonder if the new manager will be happy about that, or if he is already in place and the website and social media are yet to catch up.

1 hour ago, Ignoramus said:

Derek Gaston in to fill the goalkeeping vacancy then. Seems to be a good arrival with his pedigree at a higher level.

Delighted with the signing, I actually watched him (and another player 😉 ) walk into Forthbank last night, so knew he was either signing or in talks. 

Although I didn’t see him last season, there’s no doubt that he is a top class lower league Goalkeeper and should be a super signing for the club.

Fantastic news!

Gaston will be a great signing for you guys. Was sad to see him leave. Very experienced. A few faults creeping into his game but still more than good enough for League 2.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Delighted with the signing, I actually watched him (and another player 😉 ) walk into Forthbank last night, so knew he was either signing or in talks. 

Although I didn’t see him last season, there’s no doubt that he is a top class lower league Goalkeeper and should be a super signing for the club.

Fantastic news!

Good stuff.

First positve binos news in a while.

Please tell me the other player you saw is good.......

called It on here Gaston would come to you guys. 

great signing. Cause he left Arbroath as wanted first team football couldn’t see where else he would end.

hopefully some more promising signings to come 👍

On 21/05/2024 at 17:23, WC Boggs said:

We've got shot of a good keeper and oh look Arbroath's released Gaston, what a coincidence.  That's my bet for our replacement keeper.

Called it too. Lucky guess?  No, it wasn't a guess.  Elementary my dear Watson.  When you've eliminated the possible then the impossible must be the answer.

2 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Good keeper signing. Who's responsible - is it a DY arrangement or is the new manager (?) involved in this?

A very good keeper.  DY was gone, you're asking the right questions though.

5 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

I wonder if the new manager will be happy about that, 

I don't wonder about that at all. I'm positive he'll be very happy about that.

6 hours ago, SA45 said:

Good keeper signing. Who's responsible - is it a DY arrangement or is the new manager (?) involved in this?

It's possible that DY had him on a pre-contract as Currie was clearly out of favour for the last 6 games of the season.He also has a Eufa B coaching licence.Dy signed striker Cameron McKinley from Stirling Uni last month also.

Whilst I would ordinarily wait for the new manager to come in and make his own signings, when a player of that experience in a position we desperately needs becomes available, he has to be signed. I can't see any incoming manager being averse to this when he eventually arrives. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

It's possible that DY had him on a pre-contract 

Is it?   It wasn't DY who saw Blair out the door with a year to run on his contract.

Edited by WC Boggs
Typo

1 hour ago, Stirling fifer said:

Heard from good source that Banner, Clark and leach have left. Clark and Banner signing for first division club. Don't know who though.

Do you mean League 1?  Back to Annan for Clark maybe and Banner to Dumbarton or Stenny? Can't see anyone else being interested.