Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

1 hour ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

You keep alluding to board/player fall outs, manager fall outs and snitches.

Why don't you just speak plainly and tell those of us not in the know, what it is you know?

I no nothing

I have been asked by someone I respect to take my answer to Quentin Taranbino down.  That I have done with some reluctance, but I respect the view I was given.

48 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

You haven't been paying attention have you?  You want it more straight out ok?  

The Doctor was telling his partner everything that was getting said in the dressing room and the dugout. That was then getting relayed to Dunn. The players, the manager and the coaches found out and were very very unhappy. To the point where Darren demanded the doctor be kept out of both the dressing room and the dugout.  Two days later Darren was sacked. That's been followed by a mass exodus of unhappy players from a toxic atmosphere. 

If you want to defend chairman Dunn over this, go ahead, the floor is yours.

Care to share your source(s)? A lot of allegations in one post. 

Just now, BinosGal said:

Care to share your source(s)? A lot of allegations in one post. 

You mean who am I willing to throw under the bus for "credibility"  Nobody. I'd take the flak myself first every time.

16 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I have been asked by someone I respect to take my answer to Quentin Taranbino down.  That I have done with some reluctance, but I respect the view I was given.

So it’s ok to slaughter the players by name on here, but the minute you dare say anything about the muppets upstairs  you’re asked (or threatened with lawsuits) to remove your comments, make it make sense 🤔

2 minutes ago, #GSC said:

So it’s ok to slaughter the players by name on here, but the minute you dare say anything about the muppets upstairs  you’re asked (or threatened with lawsuits) to remove your comments, make it make sense 🤔

GSC.  I was not asked to remove that, or threatened by anybody upstairs.  As for players getting slaughtered, it's not my thing,  but it's gone on for as long as I can remember.  I think about the worst thing I ever said about a player was years ago. I said he was like a washing machine with no washing powder in it. Would churn away all day but not achieve a result.

Lets look on the bright side. We're only 3 players away from a full 11. Unless someone leaves. I'd imagine at least 6 new players though, new signings and maybe some young un's for the bench.

lineup.png

I'm trying to work out what private and confidential info the doc is passing on upstairs to the board?

Leaks the other way (from board to players), I would understand but what on earth noteworthy would be going the other direction? Where they were going on their holidays, what they had for their tea, who their favourite gladiator is 🤷‍♂️

I'm not doubting the claim that the doc was allegedly being a mole, but im struggling to see for what purpose? It makes no sense for the board to be interested in what the players are talking about or what tactics are being implemented etc

9 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Jack Leitch & Jojo, the latest “big names” to sign on at East Kilbride.

The Jojo one hurts, really hurts. I though he was someone that AM could have built his team around. 

2b47d4ea-6189-4be9-b18f-b2a5e5d3ab4d.jpeg

e0ca3536-10b2-4a62-a5be-09a81a0b6ecc.jpeg

Had a feeling Jack would go to East Kilbride. He was a top player for us and used to travel up and down to Peterhead on the 'party bus' with Simon Ferry. They were good mates so its no surprise to see them re-united.

12 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I'm trying to work out what private and confidential info the doc is passing on upstairs to the board?

Leaks the other way (from board to players), I would understand but what on earth noteworthy would be going the other direction? Where they were going on their holidays, what they had for their tea, who their favourite gladiator is 🤷‍♂️

I'm not doubting the claim that the doc was allegedly being a mole, but im struggling to see for what purpose? It makes no sense for the board to be interested in what the players are talking about or what tactics are being implemented etc

It may be that what was being passed on between husband and wife were the moans of the football players and coaches which may or not have been justified. If these complaints were detrimental to employees upstairs they may or may not have been accurately portrayed to the chairman or perhaps slanted against the dressing room.

Just guessing.

17 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Those that are gone are just glad to be gone and would prefer it to be left at that.  In respect of that, for me the matter is now closed.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Those that are gone are just glad to be gone and would prefer it to be left at that.  In respect of that, for me the matter is now closed.

Footballers are transients in clubs, some will be glad to be off, some may be sorry at having to leave. Some may be  sorry at the manager’s departure and the manner of it, some may feel it deserved. Some may even feel that the chairman was ill advised and that the dressing room had been ignored.

For all that they’re away now and we can only thank them for their efforts while with us, and wish them well in future.

Without your inside knowledge, who knows what is in their minds? My offering is just idle speculation.

Edited by AlbionMan

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlbionMan said:

Footballers are transients in clubs, some will be glad to be off, some may be sorry at having to leave. Some may be  sorry at the manager’s departure and the manner of it, some may feel it deserved. Some may even feel that the chairman was ill advised and that the dressing room had been ignored.

For all that they’re away now and we can only thank them for their efforts while with us, and wish them well in future.

Without your inside knowledge, who knows what is in their minds? My offering is just idle speculation.

That inside knowledge is now external knowledge. Originally pursued on my part, to find out who had supposedly abused another woman at the club.  I found others had a very different version of events.  In that instance ignorance would have been bliss.

At this point I am more interested in who leaked that story about Tiff being set for Stirling and to what end? What's your idle speculation offering on that?

Edited by WC Boggs

6 months ago I'd never have believed that my club would be in such a mess.... 

The slide down the table into the playoffs & losing in a whimper against Dumbarton over the 2 legs...

Was definitely hurt seeing a dominant team the previous season romp to the title...

Thought we had a solid management team in place..a squad that knew how to win...the  best striker in the league in Carrick & with a few additions we would be fine in Div 1...I  firmly believed it all season long... the new additions Lewis Milne was the biggest disappointment, a player in our team with no position for him...heartless, defensively lacking, scared to tackle or get dirty, created nothing except slowing the game down, going inside or backwards... no goals.... Dale Hilson...my thoughts coming from the championship to us i maybe expected more or too much...a few injuries & suspension early on, however was left underwhelmed by what he had to offer... we brought in young Ewan Wilson from Motherwell on loan...everytime he was on the pitch he played well both defensively & offensively, however DY was pretty stubborn by his insistence to play Milne...& Motherwells frustration led to his recall & ironically he went onto win player of the year & league title with new club in the juniors..Murray Miller came in & left pretty quickly, he did a job when called upon but nothing spectacular... Callum Crane came in January on pre contract & Kieran Offord from St Mirren on loan.... Crane made immediate impact at Montrose, a highlight of the season..debut goal,sent off & bino's win with 10 men... what an awesome away day that was...Kieran Offord had to wait until Galabank for his full debut & scored the equaliser, sadly Pabs & BC got in a mix up which ultimately cost us...The lesser spotted Sam Bird didn't make an appearance & we acquired Josh McPake....definitely has ability...ball greedy...1 trick pony...but was definitely a positive, however lacked someone else who could create... biggest loss for me was Ross Davidson out for the season & we really needed his control & composure in the middle of the park...

As mentioned it wasn't to be...relegation followed & then the aftermath... the carnage began...

Hasty sacking DY (because they thought that Dick Campbell & Pink were coming to replace)

That didn't happen...the players exodus began....biggest shock for me was Pab's to Cowdenbeath....really!!! Could we have not offered our title winning skipper a similar role within our club....he was a massive presence for us & representation between players & supporters...but was that the board's way to break this up because of leaks, unrest, dissatisfaction at the top, sacking of DY & backroom staff, loyalty....yes we needed an overhaul but was this the excuse the club needed to break up what they felt was a no confidence trust & thinking a rebuild would dampen the flames...

We find out all our players are leaving via personal social media accounts...the deafening silence of the board & trustees.... pointless & nothing statements...an initial brain's trust of old pals Jefferies.....Bone...& Kennedy to recruit & rebuild....followed by silence & the shambles of Tiff being announced in the press, before a social media statement from himself stating his anger & frustration....similar from the fans but aimed at the board & trust for treatment past players, departing players, supporters & for making us look fools in football circles.... a hastily put out statement the following day citing anomalies in the selection caused a retract of the offer...no mention of leaks to the press...& the hunt would continue until eventually Maybury is announced.... will absolutely be 100% behind the new manager.... 

Then the board goes silent again with a thin version of saying it's ok..Bone & Kennedy are working on everything to make us great again for the long term whilst players continue to leave & we learn via social media 😡

This board & this trust need to be prepared for unrest...accountable... there is no transparency...no communication & no confidence in them...Alasdair Dunn is a joke IMO & again that's just my thoughts, i respect all opinions, we all have them...

I will always support the Bino's...always be my team...however no trust membership this year out of principle..& i can't do Peterhead...Elgin..Stranraer away...no disrespect to those team's mentioned but enough is enough 

I really hope we can get some stability, i have fears for the upcoming season, we are so far behind everyone else..they say hopefully that we will have backroom staff in place & work on signings in the next couple of weeks....REALLY....the season starts in a few weeks unless we have an extension 🙈.... surely you haven't forgotten that..... 

100% behind Maybury, i hope that you can bring us some credibility on the park....unlike the board or trust

We the supporters aren't entitled but we definitely deserve better...remembering its OUR club too 

2 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Hasty sacking DY (because they thought that Dick Campbell & Pink were coming to replace)

I've seen this mentioned a few times on here... is this true? Stirling binned Darren Young because they thought Dick and Pink would leave East Fife and take over?

Just now, Brian Carrigan said:

I've seen this mentioned a few times on here... is this true? Stirling binned Darren Young because they thought Dick and Pink would leave East Fife and take over?

I’ve heard it’s complete bollocks. 

2 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

6 months ago I'd never have believed that my club would be in such a mess.... 

The slide down the table into the playoffs & losing in a whimper against Dumbarton over the 2 legs...

Was definitely hurt seeing a dominant team the previous season romp to the title...

Thought we had a solid management team in place..a squad that knew how to win...the  best striker in the league in Carrick & with a few additions we would be fine in Div 1...I  firmly believed it all season long... the new additions Lewis Milne was the biggest disappointment, a player in our team with no position for him...heartless, defensively lacking, scared to tackle or get dirty, created nothing except slowing the game down, going inside or backwards... no goals.... Dale Hilson...my thoughts coming from the championship to us i maybe expected more or too much...a few injuries & suspension early on, however was left underwhelmed by what he had to offer... we brought in young Ewan Wilson from Motherwell on loan...everytime he was on the pitch he played well both defensively & offensively, however DY was pretty stubborn by his insistence to play Milne...& Motherwells frustration led to his recall & ironically he went onto win player of the year & league title with new club in the juniors..Murray Miller came in & left pretty quickly, he did a job when called upon but nothing spectacular... Callum Crane came in January on pre contract & Kieran Offord from St Mirren on loan.... Crane made immediate impact at Montrose, a highlight of the season..debut goal,sent off & bino's win with 10 men... what an awesome away day that was...Kieran Offord had to wait until Galabank for his full debut & scored the equaliser, sadly Pabs & BC got in a mix up which ultimately cost us...The lesser spotted Sam Bird didn't make an appearance & we acquired Josh McPake....definitely has ability...ball greedy...1 trick pony...but was definitely a positive, however lacked someone else who could create... biggest loss for me was Ross Davidson out for the season & we really needed his control & composure in the middle of the park...

As mentioned it wasn't to be...relegation followed & then the aftermath... the carnage began...

That didn't happen...the players exodus began....biggest shock for me was Pab's to Cowdenbeath....really!!! Could we have not offered our title winning skipper a similar role within our club....he was a massive presence for us & representation between players & supporters...but was that the board's way to break this up because of leaks, unrest, dissatisfaction at the top, sacking of DY & backroom staff, loyalty....yes we needed an overhaul but was this the excuse the club needed to break up what they felt was a no confidence trust & thinking a rebuild would dampen the flames...

We find out all our players are leaving via personal social media accounts...the deafening silence of the board & trustees.... pointless & nothing statements...an initial brain's trust of old pals Jefferies.....Bone...& Kennedy to recruit & rebuild....followed by silence & the shambles of Tiff being announced in the press, before a social media statement from himself stating his anger & frustration....similar from the fans but aimed at the board & trust for treatment past players, departing players, supporters & for making us look fools in football circles.... a hastily put out statement the following day citing anomalies in the selection caused a retract of the offer...no mention of leaks to the press...& the hunt would continue until eventually Maybury is announced.... will absolutely be 100% behind the new manager.... 

Then the board goes silent again with a thin version of saying it's ok..Bone & Kennedy are working on everything to make us great again for the long term whilst players continue to leave & we learn via social media 😡

This board & this trust need to be prepared for unrest...accountable... there is no transparency...no communication & no confidence in them...Alasdair Dunn is a joke IMO & again that's just my thoughts, i respect all opinions, we all have them...

I will always support the Bino's...always be my team...however no trust membership this year out of principle..& i can't do Peterhead...Elgin..Stranraer away...no disrespect to those team's mentioned but enough is enough 

I really hope we can get some stability, i have fears for the upcoming season, we are so far behind everyone else..they say hopefully that we will have backroom staff in place & work on signings in the next couple of weeks....REALLY....the season starts in a few weeks unless we have an extension 🙈.... surely you haven't forgotten that..... 

100% behind Maybury, i hope that you can bring us some credibility on the park....unlike the board or trust

We the supporters aren't entitled but we definitely deserve better...remembering its OUR club too 

............and through all this, despite having the most successful League Cup campaign since the group stages were introduced, a sold out stadium and being live on the TV against Aberdeen, along with further TV appearances against Cove. 2 near sellouts against Falkirk, the highest season ticket sales in "probably about 10 years", extended hospitality numbers (sold out most weeks according to social media) AND coming off the back of a promotion campaign.....we still managed to lose money!!!

What I would say though @Beepee67, and for others, is that although I agree with your post, it's now time to put all this behind us and move on from it. I don't think we should forget, and if/when the opportunity to voice our displeasure comes then we should take it, but continually going over the last season and the last 6-8 weeks really does do nobody any favours. The decisions have been made, the cockups have happened and we are where we are.

What we need to do now is wait in anticipation to see what type of side AM can build (a youthful one I suspect) and with it, what will happen to Geeks and Cooper, and back him until we have reason not too, and what we also need to do is get the season tickets and support the club in whatever way you can and try and push things forward. I don't think the people incharge are fit to run the club, but the more unrest there is of this, the greater the likelihood is that it will rub off on the job that AM is trying to do and it might even put potential targets off coming to the club.

As I said, totally agree with your post and I totally 100% share your frustrations but I think it's time to move on from them, we've made our points.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

............and through all this, despite having the most successful League Cup campaign since the group stages were introduced, a sold out stadium and being live on the TV against Aberdeen, along with further TV appearances against Cove. 2 near sellouts against Falkirk, the highest season ticket sales in "probably about 10 years", extended hospitality numbers (sold out most weeks according to social media) AND coming off the back of a promotion campaign.....we still managed to lose money!!!

i can't help but keep coming back to this either. i would love to see a detailed breakdown of how that happened but i know that's us likely as us Dareen Young coming back. 

i'm still not entirely sure i believe the rumour about the Campbells. i still think it was a hastily taken bad decision.  i'm not party to any inside information but it does seem all was certainly not harmonious within the club. 

like BB said, its all done now and we move on. 

11 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

i can't help but keep coming back to this either. i would love to see a detailed breakdown of how that happened but i know that's us likely as us Dareen Young coming back. 

i'm still not entirely sure i believe the rumour about the Campbells. i still think it was a hastily taken bad decision.  i'm not party to any inside information but it does seem all was certainly not harmonious within the club. 

like BB said, its all done now and we move on. 

If you read my post i respect all opinions... I mentioned twice that I'm 100% behind Maybury & would like for him to bring much needed stability to the club on the park as I'm really worried about this season upcoming...

I still stand by 100% that Dunn thought he had the Campbells on the way... that was his trigger if you pardon the pun to oust DY.... then everything fell into place for him to allow the exodus to follow ... once the Campbells decided to remain at East Fife then Jefferies stepped away from that involvement... 

Dunn was happy to let the dressing room go...no more unrest..questions asked from management team or the players...... Pab's going to Cowdenbeath on a player coach role..... given his service,, knowledge,, standing in the dressing room, wouldn't it have been ideal to soften the blow with the managerial status to retain Pab's in a similar player coach role to help with transition period..leader..captain .title winner... or was Dunn happy to let him go with others following in droves without any further details other than social media accounts.... 

Speaking of accounts...as  mentioned @BB_Bino the most successful League Cup run..tv revenue, sell outs against Falkirk twice & Aberdeen...extra extended hospitality (twice by my family last season) & sold out every week..... we still lose money.... 

Were is the transparency.. accountability.. questions asked but no response...the deafening silence 

Mr Dunn & his spin doctors dodging any responsibility for the shambles that we are in the middle of..... remembering that this is OUR club....the supporters...

I repeat again Maybury will have my 100% support.... the board & trust will never have my confidence or belief...

Of course all these sites, questions, queries get back to them...they ain't stupid...they wait only until the need to give a bland nothing statement to dampen the flames of this mess they are responsible for... No matter how the situation came about with leaks to the Daily Record i think we would all agree Tiff didn't deserve to be on the end of that disaster & how it played out..

I will support the team every week at Forthbank & away except for the previous mentioned...I  just can't do those places anymore 🙈

We all have a voice.. We don't necessarily always agree, I'm 100% behind Maybury in this tough job ahead 💪

We deserve better than this & again it's just my opinion