Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

We have a great opportunity to get a seeded spot in the next round, which would be a great achievement. Unseeded would probably mean a bigger crowd and a tougher game, I’d prefer seeded and take our chances against anyone at home. Need to win at Bonnyrigg first though!

1 minute ago, Mr November said:

We have a great opportunity to get a seeded spot in the next round, which would be a great achievement. Unseeded would probably mean a bigger crowd and a tougher game, I’d prefer seeded and take our chances against anyone at home. Need to win at Bonnyrigg first though!

Motherwell at Fir Park for me!

Brilliant result tonight!! 

Didn't see any of the game unfortunately but fair play to anyone who made the journey and safe travels back home.

86th minute, 88th minute and 89th minute, we do love a late goal 😁

Really looking forward to the league starting now and if we can add a cup run onto that, that'd be fantastic!! ♦️

Been unbelievable to get 9 from 9 considering Dundee are a premiership team and we had Inverness away which is a really tough fixture as they will be up there.

hopefully we can get a money spinner in the next round and get some much needed depth in the squad.

Would be mad if we backdoor another play offs this year 😂

2 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Been unbelievable to get 9 from 9 considering Dundee are a premiership team and we had Inverness away which is a really tough fixture as they will be up there.

hopefully we can get a money spinner in the next round and get some much needed depth in the squad.

Would be mad if we backdoor another play offs this year 😂

Not sure my liver could handle it

11 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Looking at the other groups, I think only Forfar (who have St. Mirren away), Ross County and Kilmarnock can reach 12 points. Three best winners are seeded I think so a win on Saturday should do the job.

7 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Trying to work out the points from the remaining games.   Am I right that a draw, regardless of penalty result, secures a top spot in this group? Not that we’ll settle for a draw….. 

We just need 1 point to finish top, if Dundee and Dumbarton draw tomorrow (regardless of the penalty winners) we’ll be through before we kick a ball on Saturday.

Brilliant result and great resolve from the team to stick at it and not let the heads go down. Controlled the first-half, played some nice football, won the ball back quickly and limited Inverness. As @++Ammo - Airdrie++ will tell you 😉, Ballantyne’s goal was lovely. Really good run and shot (and excellent decoy run from McGregor). Telfer’s goal was at the far end so it was difficult to really see it but looked like we did well to take advantage of some slack defending. Looking forward to seeing it back. 

We did fall out the game in the second-half however. I know we were carrying a few knocks but we do need some more bodies in as lack of subs or depth off the bench will kill us like it nearly did tonight. Frizzell, who I think was already carrying a knock, and Todorov looked fucked at points. I know McCabe was carrying a knock and Devenny is presumably not playing until he’s sold, but don’t understand why Aiken didn’t come on until injury time. That being said, it thankfully didn’t matter in the end tonight! As said above, brilliant attitude and fight from the team to dig out the result and Todorov did well to finish off the chance. 

Hope everyone enjoyed their trip and safe journey home ♦️🇧🇬