Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

22 hours ago, Passionate said:

It's all about opinions, everybody sees the game differently, but we all want the same goal 8th or better...

Just going over a couple of points Watson and Fordyce , with Megwa and Hancock either side coincided with our upturn on form,   Saturday we shoehorned Megwa in  and pushed Cammy in one, it didn't work and I don't actually see why we tried it,  it showed how exposed we were in forward areas ,   What do you think about Lyall replacing Frizzell who has been subbed off the last couple of games,  Lyall played the same role as Frizzell at Rangers,  we need a spark from somewhere,

3 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Don’t knock it Jack, let’s give it a go 😂😂😂

Anyway ,best of luck tonight, not much point setting up to defend  or  the inevitable will happen,would be great to take a point or three,👌👌👌

1 hour ago, Diamonds on the Windshield said:

With the standard of referees I was hoping we could get away with the extra man. But you are right we would need Rae and I forgot I'd put 5 in the back line. You got me, I'm a plonker.

No worries,just a bit of fun ,hope for good result the night 👍👍

Interesting team tonight. I can’t work out whether it’s a back five again with a fairly attacking midfield or a diamond with Hancock/Ballantyne at centre back.

Pleased to see Gallagher and McGill back in, with McGregor out we need a runner up top and Todorov doesn’t offer anywhere near enough when he’s not scoring, so Gallagher deserves another chance, especially in a game where we might need his hold up play. 

20 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Interesting team tonight. I can’t work out whether it’s a back five again with a fairly attacking midfield or a diamond with Hancock/Ballantyne at centre back.

Pleased to see Gallagher and McGill back in, with McGregor out we need a runner up top and Todorov doesn’t offer anywhere near enough when he’s not scoring, so Gallagher deserves another chance, especially in a game where we might need his hold up play. 

Me neither, surprised that McGill & Gal are both starting but you would expect Gal to be the deeper of the 2. Not surprised McStravick is back in as I think its very clear that Rhys really rates him.

Interesting that United make 4 changes as well with Wotherspoon injured, Moult and Fotheringham on the bench.

A massive win that we badly needed. Once again, score the first goal and we’re fine. 

Hopefully Hancock’s injury isn’t too bad. It’s not quite as big a deal as it would have been before Megwa returned but Hancock has been our best player this season, so losing him for even a few weeks would be a blow, especially with so many big games coming up.

That is an absolutely massive win. Dundee Utd have been far from impressive this season but I didn’t think we had it in us to beat them if I’m honest. Huge 3 points and a massive confidence boost going into the next few games (although Saturday’s opponents will have felt a similar boost after their result tonight).

Hope Hancock’s injury isn’t as bad as it looked but at least we’ve got Megwa now and Ballantyne to give us that extra cover at the back. I thought Megwa was fantastic today, I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen an Airdrie player that is so consistently good with his tackling.

Honestly was not expecting that tonight and after the last 2 games I was thinking a battling draw would be a great result.  And we competed well for good portions of the game and for the most part it was 50-50 but yeah we had a stonewall penalty denied in the first half and of course they hit the bar from the free kick.   Thought it was a great save from Fordyce shot but at HT I was very happy with the score line.   Mason going off was a blow but Janny did a great job replacing him and we never looked overly troubled at the back.   TBH I was thinking how toothless we were up front despite getting some good balls in to the box, free kicks etc but sure enough a BRILLIANT move in the left creates a chance for Gabby and what a goal.  Brilliant.  Still didn’t think we were under too much pressure and the added time goal was very well taken. Just a really great performance and what a way to bounce back from a poor defeat at Morton.  Looking forward to Saturday now 

Here, how good was the build up for Gabby's goal?, that was just pure filth!!! 😍 looking forward to watching it back. 

Massive and unexpected 3 points tonight, every player was superb, hoping Mason's injury isn't too serious, that's the only negative but sets up the game against Queens Park on Saturday nicely.

Last time Airdrie won away to Dundee United was the year before I was born so a first in my lifetime.

This league is absolutely bonkers, losing 4-0 to Arbroath and winning 2-0 at Tannadice. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!!

It's going to be a roller coaster that's the only guarantee!! 

Edited by David Fernández

Had to miss out tonight and maybe I should just stay away. Tried to avoid TV updates etc until the 80th minute, and it was nervy looks until 90+4 and who'd have predicted Josh O'Connor to finish it with a second. Never doubted the lad😀

Great win and sorry I was not there so onto the chance to put the Hampden tenants in their place.