Airdrieonians 23/24 Championship Thread♦️

Heard Aiken has been signed up for next season as he’s apparently been released from hibs

can see Deano being away aswell got a few years left in his deal but there’s definitely teams sniffing about him down south which we would probably accept if a decent fee is offered

We're in a great position to push on and improve. More money on offer to attract better quality. Progressive young manager with a proven track record in the Championship and the ability to nurture and develop young talent. I think we'llbe stronger next season.

8 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

One of the new signings that I hope we make this season is a new tannoy. I think the tannoy is as old as the stadium itself and you literally can't hear anything that the announcer is saying. 

New bucket style seats in the dugouts too 😂 well in the home one anyway, the away team can still have the old skelfy wooden bench 😂

1 hour ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

can see Deano being away aswell got a few years left in his deal but there’s definitely teams sniffing about him down south which we would probably accept if a decent fee is offered

If there are English teams after Dean then I would hope we would be holding out for a six figure sum given JDs valuation last year and the fact Dean now has significant experience at a higher level. Ditto Hancock

9 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Interestingly I see the “talent scout” at Consilium talking about how he’s part of the team at Airdrie on Twitter, and how we’re “just getting started” - which bodes well and sounds like McCabe et al are staying in place.

I don't do twitting so thanks for letting me know who this guy is. 

22 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

One of the new signings that I hope we make this season is a new tannoy. I think the tannoy is as old as the stadium itself and you literally can't hear anything that the announcer is saying. 

I remember the days of the trumpet style PA "system" at Broomfield and you're so right although I don't blame the announcer. 

I know the season only just finished on Friday there, but let’s get season ticket renewals, retained lists and new kits on the go ASAP. We really missed the boat last season and didn’t capitalise on the feel-good factor after the win at New Douglas Park. I suspect that after the season just gone we’ll hopefully see another wee bump in numbers but as the summer goes on folk’s interest will fall away again. A few wee pens out will keep us all on our toes and some teaser images from Football Nation to whet the appetite will be very much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

I know the season only just finished on Friday there, but let’s get season ticket renewals, retained lists and new kits on the go ASAP. We really missed the boat last season and didn’t capitalise on the feel-good factor after the win at New Douglas Park. I suspect that after the season just gone we’ll hopefully see another wee bump in numbers but as the summer goes on folk’s interest will fall away again. A few wee pens out will keep us all on our toes and some teaser images from Football Nation to whet the appetite will be very much appreciated.

The Manager's final post match interview once again alluded to the club planning 6 months in advance and also stated the obvious that there would be comings and goings. I would expect the players will be in this week (perhaps they already have) then we'll get a list of frees and who's signed or contracted for next season. If I remember correctly from previous seasons, we don't really mention players whose contracts have expired but are still considering their options.

Not passing judgement but other clubs, like Arbroath, go into a lot more detail:

image.thumb.png.40fab5a5d3b804d44bfe795723b8c95b.png

30 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

you dont from Airdrie to Hibs

16 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

what could happen thou, Murray to Hibs McCabe to Raith ?

Someone's enjoying their morning meths I see.